IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" Loa Aloha (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hawaii Five-0" Loa Aloha (2011)

« Prev | 18 of 169 Episodes | Next »

How Much Better Can this Series Go? ****

Author: edwagreen from United States
22 February 2011

When Danno's kid brother suddenly comes for a visit, we're all happy to see another member of the Williams clan. This seems to be a sidebar to the main story of a man out for revenge of the killing of his son, who was jailed for driving under the influence and was made an example of by getting a stiff jail sentence.

Our sidebar suddenly takes a rude turn when the FBI shows up to announce that the kid brother is being investigated. A hedge funder, he has been stealing from his clients' accounts.

We really see the human element at work here. Danny tries to convince his brother to give up and in a heartbreaking scene, Danny allows his family allegiance to get the best of him. There is excellent acting here by Mr. Caan.

Character development episode!

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
8 March 2011

I like "Hawaii Five-O: Loa Aloha" episode! The episode was directed and acted out perfectly. The show has a two stories spliced together which creates an interesting hour of television. The first story is a personal story about Dan an his younger brother who gets into trouble. The viewer sees Dan's character flaws when Dan helps his brother and breaks a few rules. One sees Dan as over emotional and strongly loyal. The other sub-story is where a bomber seeks revenge on the judicial system. The story sends a social message about overly harsh sentencing which hurts society. I like the social message. I would give Loa Aloha and eight out of ten. I hope the produces keeping coming up with such great stories!