"Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Excellent

Author: meimei-854-705213 from Czech Republic
7 April 2012

I really fell in love with this show. It is funny, fresh and original with amazing actors. I loved Krysten Ritter in Veronica Mars, Dreama Walker in Good Wife and James Van Der Beek in One Tree Hill and Dawson's creek. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by Liza Lapira who played Ivy in my beloved Dollhouse. But enough about actors. I really hope this show will be successful (don't see any reason why it shouldn't be), because there aren't enough snarky shows for women nowadays. Everything is too Disney-Glee sweet or too Jersey Shore vulgar. This is exactly between. And there are already legendary quotes going on. Don't miss out on this show. I laughed throughout the whole episode.

I want this show back on air please

Author: nancy_e-825-797835 from Mexico
23 October 2013

This show is AMAZING!! ABC you need to put this back on air!!! Is one of the best shows I have ever seen!!! The show has the perfect balance and all the characters are amazing! I don't understand why someone will suspend this. I like this show way better that the New Girl show and I mean seriously?!?! 6.7 on the reviews?!?! NO WAY! It has so much potential and the lines are hilarious! Love the characters and James role is top notch, way better than Dawson. Not to mention Chloe and June, they are both amazing and their performances are incredibly well done. I need to see this back on air! Otherwise my day won't be complete without watching one of the episodes.

Inspired writing and performances -- a pure joy to watch

Author: LeonardOsborneKael from United States
4 May 2012

Every now and then a show comes along that just goes its own way -- fearless -- provocative -- dazzling! This is one of those rare treats and you have to hope that its audience finds it while this absolute miracle is still on the air. These people trust their maddest impulses and what you get is not only hilariously funny but also outrageously original and profoundly entertaining. Just when you think you know who these characters are they stun you with another of their many hidden "facets". Chloe (Krysten Ritter) is always in danger of running away with this one -- you just almost never see a performance this outrageously over-the-top that is also so beautifully nuanced ... but not so fast -- June (Dreama Walker) can turn it way, way up at any time and so can James Van Der Beek -- or possibly anyone in this all-pro cast -- who knows?

Proper entertainment

Author: Paul King from LA
25 April 2012

Though the dark humor in the pilot episode was intriguing, the show had a rough start. This changed quickly with the second episode and now it is easy to find oneself looking forward to a new one each week; a sort of entertainment that is so encapsulating it needs a rewind feature.

The situations that seem to be everywhere feel normal, as if they would be happening to me or you, and there's no stupid fluff to lighten the mood like an annoying clarinet in the background. In being regular, the plot has the opportunity to be wayward and full of mischief, something that is taken advantage of perfectly.

With a dazzling and promiscuous female lead causing problems for her underdog companion, many people will be turned off by this type of comedy, but it certainly has its place among my peers. This relation to how we act in our late teens and as twenty-somethings should help to keep this program fresh.

Friggin' hilarious. Too bad it got cancelled.

Author: zetes from Saint Paul, MN
17 February 2013

An already cancelled, in the middle of its second season, gem from ABC. It has been quite unsuccessful, but it is, indeed, one of the finest sitcoms to come out in recent years and will probably end up as something of a cult item in years to come (hopefully it'll get a DVD or Netflix release so others can catch on). Dreama Walker stars as a Midwestern girl moved to NYC to work on Wall Street, a job which she immediately loses. She moves in with socialite Krysten Ritter, who at first is just planning to scam her out of her money. When Walker outsmarts her, the two form a tenuous friendship, which is often tested by Ritter's spoiled demeanor. Perhaps the greatest well of jokes comes from the third major character of the show, Ritter's best friend James Van Der Beek of Dawson's Creek fame. That's the actual actor James Van Derk Beek, playing himself as a washed up stud desperately clinging to his fame (in the second season, his whole arc concerns an appearance on Dancing with the Stars). Van Der Beek hilariously goes along with whatever self-deprecating silliness that's written for him any given week. Ritter and Walker are both great in their roles, too. The show is very goofy. One might say cartoonish, which is appropriate since creator Nahnatchka Khan was one of the main writers on American Dad!, which, in my opinion, is still one of the funniest shows on television. Paired with another ABC black sheep, Happy Endings, I don't know if I could handle watching those two shows back to back - seriously, I might have died laughing. Highly, highly recommended. Keep a watch out for it on video or streaming (some episodes are on Hulu, maybe all of them on Hulu+).

Pilot Episode

Author: jimel98 from United States
11 April 2012

I gave this show a 9 in hopes of giving it a 10 some day. The show was funny, interesting and smart and James Van Der Beek goofing on himself was a great twist. This show has some good potential. I'm always skeptical about new sitcoms (too many bad ones have come along, too many good ones have been dumped) but I'm always willing to give a new one a shot. I'm not disappointed so far after just one episode. Krysten Ritter and Dreama(yeah, I know)Walker play well off each other and the supporting cast has a nice feel to them. No spoilers, no hints about what happens, just a simple thumbs up. The title and synopsis sum up what the show is about nicely.

More please

Author: adpholyfield from usa
3 November 2013

This is one of the great few shows canceled for an idiotic reason. Bring it back, we want more!! At first Chloe appears to be a complete bitch, but then you realize she has good intentions behind every topic. They are hilarious. I love it and have no idea how I never heard about it. This was a wonderful find.

I have knee replacements and had had a very bad day. The people at the ER treated me like a waste of time because I didn't have insurance. I had been crying with hopelessness for help to take away my pain and figure out what is causing it. I found this show on Netflix and spite the depressing feelings i was having this show made me chuckle. Not many shows do these days. Time to get back into more shows like this one and get away from all the lame "reality" shows!

Love This Bitch

Author: Sarah Yim (ssarahyim@gmail.com) from Seoul, South Korea
30 October 2013

The first episode is confusing and scary because Chloe's personality is simply so foreign and her behavior so carelessly wicked. However, as one adjusts to the idea of Chloe, James, and June, the more affectionate one grows of them.

Chloe is the exciting NYC "it" girl with an amusingly self-absorbed celebrity BFF, James Van Der Beek. The story begins when June, a naive, hopeful girl, moves in as Chloe's new roommate. Throughout, June questions different aspects of Chloe's rejection of human qualities, and Chloe, in return, questions June's naiveté/boringness. Through Chloe, June learns to be a little more city-smart and life-savvy, and through June, Chloe takes baby steps towards humanization. While the framework may not strike as being particularly impressive, the situations and personalities employed in each installment are lovably whimsical, and surprisingly escape oversentimentality.

One should treat these characters truly as characters and accept that everything will be exaggerated, maybe stereotyped, though faintly resonating with reality. It will be helpful to have an idea and a humored opinion of New York City, Indiana/Midwest, American celebrities, and Japan to appreciate the humor of Don't Trust the B----.

This show is goofy, sassy, young, and charming, and for those who crave a short comedy series that's girly but not "too" girly, I recommend it a try. Don't Trust the B---- (and Luther - oh, Luther...), you are fabulous.

Love it to bits

Author: hawkeyehawkes from Australia
24 September 2012

Even though its set in NY and I don't know much about the US, I love the 3 main characters, I love the show, so funny, quirky, really well written, makes me laugh all the time which is what I'm looking for in a show. I also love the the little shocks that come all the way through. It makes me laugh as hard as I do when watching 2 and a Half men did and still does. Chloe and Junes character run beautifully together, even though I wasn't a regular Dawsons Ck watcher, I love the idea of having real characters. Chloes character stands out and I love Krystens moves and the way she acts, so much energy, I love it. I really hope this show goes for a long time. Congratulations.

Let's bring it back to life!

Author: retrosunn from United States
15 August 2014

Let's Bring back Chloe and June! If you love this show as much as we do, u can support fans of this series! Let's show ABC that we all miss Chloe, June and James! ht tps://www.face book.com/ events/345285205621135/ Please guys, lets do it! We all know that social media has this magic POWER so let's fight! We all need this kind of sense of humor to survive all those bad days. If 2 broke girls are still on air, why our B--- couldn't make it? It was way better! Why? Cause they don't have James Van Der Beek. They are pretty funny too, but not as much as this series, they doesn't have this *blink*. Lets force ABC to return our friends! Let's show the world without this show is not the same! Invite all your friends to this event, let them be millions of us.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]