IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" Ho'opa'i (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hawaii Five-0" Ho'opa'i (2011)

« Prev | 21 of 144 Episodes | Next »

Sean Combs + Acting = FAIL

Author: slimfan from United States
9 June 2011

I love the new Hawaii Five-0. Great cast from my favorite shows, Battlestar Galactica and Lost. Usually, the guest stars enhance the story and compliment the performances of the series regulars, but in this case... Sean Combs has absolutely no business in this terrific show because he has no acting skills at all. His face might as well be carved out of stone and his only expression screams, "Get me outta here!" It's like someone severed the nerves controlling his facial muscles. The kid playing his son is equally ineffective; then again, he's only 11, so he'll improve. This is the problem with casting non-actors in roles that require them to act, and share the screen with good actors - it just doesn't work. Let's hope we never have to see Sean Combs play anyone but Sean Combs in any other show. And all you casting directors out there, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DESTROY GOOD SHOWS BY CASTING CELEBRITIES JUST TO GET A LITTLE BUMP IN RATINGS!!

Keep your day job, Diddy.

Author: Glen M
11 July 2013

I love Hawaii Five-0 but man, they made a huge mistake bringing Sean Combs in for this episode. My god, where do I start? First of all, it's almost like they let Combs write the script for all of his scenes because they are excruciatingly bad. Like "Are you f-ing kidding me?" bad. In the very first scene, we see Combs meeting up with his wife and son who looks like he's about 11 and doesn't remember his father who has been gone (undercover) for 2 years. Huh? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking a 9 year old probably remembers their father, even after 2 years. Then there's the scene in the house where Combs gets gut shot and barely misses a beat in chasing and shooting the bad guys. Who knew a guy could move so fast after having a bullet graze their liver. There were plenty of other terrible lines and more from a guy with the acting skill of a corpse. But the next to last scene where Combs and Garrett chase down the 2nd shooter just topped off a laughably bad guest appearance for Mr. Diddy when he confronts the shooter with not one but two guns drawn, gangsta style. Wow. Just wow. Keep your day job, Diddy, for everyone's sake.

Episode 21 A Winner ****

Author: edwagreen from United States
20 April 2011

Sean Diddy P. Combs guest stars in this highly acclaimed show and is quite effective as an undercover office whose wife is gunned down by an obvious drug lord. The problem soon becomes that it isn't quite obvious who killed her and one of the officers as well.

The episode is fast-paced and every minute there is a twist leading you to feel that someone else did them in. There is of course the usual dad comforting his grief-stricken son and Combs and the boy playing Kevin are quite effective.

The ending will throw you for a loop showing that crime is all in the family with the usual motive of greed alive and well.