IMDb > "The Office" PDA (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Office" PDA (2011)

« Prev | 132 of 188 Episodes | Next »

One of the funniest episodes.

Author: mlensing47 from United States
25 October 2012

I just watched this again after not seeing it since it's original air, and I can say now that this is one of my favorite episodes. The comedy is some of the best in the series, and the characters, especially Michael and Holly display such a wide range of emotions. This is one of those episodes where you just can't stop laughing.

To the reviewer before me I say that you need to lighten up. All I can think of is Michael's nephew when I read your review. The point of this episode was to celebrate Holly and Michael's love and to build up to their exit from the show. Maybe Holly was so infatuated with Michael she didn't care or forgot about her position and the rules and did it any way. That happens to people. Also Pam and Jim were drunk off their ass. Anything can happen when you're drunk off your ass. It was a good joke to fill in time. The fact that they went through with it doesn't cheapen their relationship at all. It shows they are human and that great couples do stupid stuff, especially when drunk and horny.

Also, about your last paragraph: junk happens. People screw up, especially in the business world. For Pam to miss Michael's goodbye would have been awful. Pam has been developed into Michael's sort of guardian angel, and for her to miss that would have been horrible.

Anyway, this is a fantastic episode and you'll love it... Get it, you'll love it, cause it's a valentines episode ;)

worst episode of all 7 seasons

Author: rahenson1 from United States
21 July 2011

I am a big fan of the show. But this episode was so, so horrible. I already know I'm in the minority. The Andy/Erin story was cute. But the rest is unbearable. I'll start with Michael and Holly. Their scenes are so out of character for her. As the HR rep of all people she knows what they're doing is way, way out of line. I have no idea how the writers can feel she'd do that.

But really it is Jim and Pam that bring out my anger. Yes I romanticize them. Yes Pam has been known to drink too much. Yes she's known to be overly affectionate when she's had too much. But for no real reason they decided to cheapen this relationship. I thought they'd saved it when Ryan called them on what they were going to do. I could have lived with that. But to have them straggle back in at the end where everyone knows just sickens me.

It was the start of a terrible arc for Pam. Continuing into corporate fraud for Andy, timekeeping fraud for Darryl and just straight skipping work for herself to watch a movie. I really wished she'd have missed Michael's goodbye. At least then when she came back to normal at season's end I could look back and say that she learned a lesson. Why Jenna would go along with all of that I just simply can't understand.