IMDb > "TRON: Uprising" (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"TRON: Uprising"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"TRON: Uprising" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Superb

Author: octopedal-horse from United States
20 May 2012

I just can't find enough words to express my first impressions of this show. if the entire series keeps up the caliber and quality of this first episode then this will be a phenomenal mini-series. The animation is finely done, seemingly with great attention to detail and a treat to watch over and over again. Voice acting that exceeds all expectations from top-notch names and a carefully crafted script round off this show, making it the total package. Anyone who is a fan of Tron or just a fan of beautiful animation will be able to enjoy this show. In my opinion ten episodes is far too few but it should be an action packed spectacle to say the least. I'm looking forward to each and every episode eagerly.

if you are a Tron fan watch this!

Author: kingdavi-384-105478 from Australia
31 May 2012

After watching tron uprising i am glad Disney decided to do it. Good they kept the soundtrack and having Bruce Boxleitner reprise the role of tron was a smart idea, not sure on Elijah wood or Mandy Moore as voices but who knows.

Can't wait for next episode. The anime plus cg works well. Lets hope this series continues for more than one season, the story lines always get better as a series goes on so if you are not sure yet keep watching. Hats off to the creator an A+ job once again great to hear the soundtrack as it suits tron well.

Looking forward for new episodes as they are made.

The best product ever to come out from the TRON franchise.

Author: Francisco Huerta (fjhuerta@hotmail.com) from Mexico City
3 November 2012

TRON was a very special movie - combining the earliest efforts of CGI with a storyline that was far too confusing for people of the 80's. It was good; could have been better, but I can't see much to complain. People still remember it three decades after it was made. Very few movies can boast such a claim.

The rest of the franchise has been hit or miss - mostly "miss". TRON 2.0 was a good game, although it was underrated and mostly ignored. TRON: Evolution was a mediocre game with a weak storyline. But TRON: Legacy was the worst of them all - millions of dollars spent on a completely forgettable story with some of the best FX ever made. It was a major disappointment.

Enter TRON: Uprising. I was very intrigued when I saw the teaser trailer on the "Legacy" Blu-Ray - and I was absolutely blown away when I saw the first episodes. This is TRON done right. The animation is nothing short of astonishing - the artistic direction, fluid movements, and incredible set design beat anything that came before on the franchise, and it's quite frankly, the most gorgeous cartoon made for TV I've ever seen. I'd probably not be disappointed if I saw a movie with this kind of quality.

The storyline actually makes sense. What took Disney 1.15 hours to tell during "Legacy", this show tells us in 20 seconds (no exaggeration) - Flynn is nowhere to be found, Clu rules, TRON is missing. That's the way it should have been done in the movies. Each episode is interesting and fills in the details of what happened to the TRON universe during all those years.

Each new episode brings a new surprise - be it story arcs, animation, special effects, music - it's just mind-blowing.

Disney finally did TRON right. It only took them 30 years!

Wow. Tron done right.

Author: palewook2006
9 June 2012

Upon seeing the teaser trailer preview for Tron Uprising around January 2012, I dismissed the series as being nothing that I would have interest in watching. Based off the favorable buzz generated from the first episode, I decided to give the show a chance. Thank god I did.

This version of Tron takes the best parts of the Tron movies, combines stylized CGI graphics that capture the heart of Tron perfectly, mixed up with a wonderful collection of sounds that would make DaftPunk proud, and balances the delivery with a sensation cast of voices.

Give this series a chance, easily one of best American made Sci-Fi series of 2012.

Everything I Hoped It Would Be

Author: RaGeNyC from United States
17 June 2012

Disney chose to take the kiddie-route with their new Spider-Man series released earlier this year, making it appeal more to children by adding silliness. I figured there was a good chance they would do the same with Tron Uprising as well.

I've watched three episodes of Uprising so far and I can safely say that they did not take the kiddie route. Actually, it's the total opposite. The show is kind of "dark". It's definitely geared towards teens and adults. The stories are engaging, with just a touch of humor.

Light Cycle battles, Disc wars, Recognizers and everything in between..the action is amazing.

The animation looks incredible, silky smooth, with plenty of detail in the environments. That attention to detail helps to bring this new animated Tron world to life beautifully. I found myself captivated and totally drawn into each episode until the credits rolled.

The sound, wow. Crystal clear audio and sub-woofer-worthy bass that will rumble your walls. If you have a stereo hooked up to your TV, turn it up.

Lastly, the voice talent- All excellent, but especially Elijah Wood. He nails his role, bringing forth a strong, likable main character. And Bruce Boxleitner...need I say more!?

Excellent show that deserves a chance to continue its tale

Author: ninjabert from New Zealand
14 January 2013

This show has taken the themes lightly explored in the Tron Legacy movie and continued to build on them with a level of care that shows genuine commitment by the cast and crew of this production. Characters are fleshed out, links are formed to Legacy and the whole thing is knitted together with sneaky plots, a beautiful look and a soundtrack that evokes Daft Punks best sounds. Haven't felt motivated enough to review anything in over a decade on IMDb or other sites but this show made me dig out my login details and make the effort. It's tricky to find on TV (especially overseas), but make the effort and buy the episodes online or just buy the upcoming bluray (fingers crossed) and you won't be disappointed. Kudos to all involved. Hopefully Disney will look past the initial ratings and allow a second season to be made. Like Firefly, it would be a shame if this show were canceled based on ratings.

If You Like the Tron Universe, Watch It

Author: paultaegel-3-945660 from Los Angeles & Seattle
9 August 2012

Like STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series succeeded where its feature counterparts, EPISODES 1-3, failed the franchise, TRON: UPRISING surpasses the recent film, TRON: EVOLUTION, in nearly every way. The impressionistic art design is unique and evocative. The voice acting is first rate. The story lines are surprisingly layered for an animated series, and it does a good job of telling a complete story each episode while furthering the serialized plot. And I would be remiss if I didn't mention Daft Punk's original score and some of the best action sequences I've ever seen choreographed. At the time of this review, only 7 episodes of the first season have been aired. I have watched them all twice (being a dweeb, obviously) and look forward to seeing how TRON: UPRISING continues to explore and expand the Tron universe.

Simple so far.. but Promising...

Author: Sadern Alwis from Sri Lanka
19 May 2012

After a couple of thoughts i decided to watch it.. was not disappointed at all.. Just the fact that stars like Elijah Wood and Mandy Moore are voicing the characters was a sign of an influential production..

The animations are very authentic to the ones that are on the movie, in a way, so is the story line. some how this Disney production have adapted the Manga type action scenes in a more impressive manner.. which is one of the biggest touch point..

the other is the Music.. they are sticking to the Original sound track.. which many will love.. but it could be much more impressive if the Daft Punk will release some new tracks for the series alone.. still the music is alluring..

the characters seem to promise a complicated storyline.. and they certainly better add more characters up as they go..

Awesome

Author: justinhenriks from Australia
13 July 2012

I am an absolute fan of the Tron concept. I loved Tron Legacy and in particular I loved the special effects and Daft Punk tracks which were so perfect for the movie. To make an animated series was a bold decision. But... it paid off in a massive way. What an awesome way to bring a new, younger generation, to love the movies which are predominantly loved by those of us born in the 70s or 80s. I can't wait for the movie sequel. The animated series so far has excellent acting, superb animation and excellent story lines/plots.

I do have an issue with comments made by an previous user... firstly of course the series is going to be aimed at young adults... as this is the major audience for the Tron movies thus far it would make sense as they will be the main ones interested in watching the series (der!), and yes being animated it appears aimed at children as they are seeking to gain a new generation's approval in the movies and overall concept... plus it is cheaper than CGI animation. I think this all makes very good sense. Additionally, I didn't even realize that the bad guys are supposedly 'Asian'... what the??? Tesler is a bald white guy who is voiced by Lance Henriksen. The other characters do not seem to be portrayed as typical Asians either, particularly as the characters are voiced by actors such as Emmanuelle Chriquia and Paul Reubens!!! Once again I don't understand where this view has come from?

Away from these comments... it is an excellent series which has very little faults (none that I can see anyway). If anyone doesn't like it then they need I encourage them to make their own version and see if they could do better. I doubt they could... no... I know they couldn't!

Awesome job, can't wait to see more episodes.

Well thought out

Author: Cory Ducey (duceyco@gmail.com) from Canada
21 October 2012

The elements of the Tron franchise are present as well as a new twist in the making of Uprising. The cell-shading technique has been well done with what seems to be it's own and distinctive of other CGAs out there.

Although the story line has been well done in forming the characters up to this point, I think it is time to start blowing open the plot and increasing more battles with General Tesler as it does add more of a reason for him to get "The Renegade".

Beck's growth in the Tron role, by Tron himself, and understanding what Tron has gone through seems to make Beck stronger as time goes on. Beck increasingly understands that the lessons he learns from Tron is not just how to fight, but that every program in The Grid is not perfect...including Tron himself.

To sum it up? What makes Tron is legend and great warrior of the grid isn't just how many programs he defeats, but his actions in what he does for the programs of The Grid as well.

Looking forward to the second season.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]