IMDb > Little Boy (2015) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Excellent family movie

Author: crowfam94 from Maryland
24 April 2015

Not much to say except I'm really annoyed by the critics sometimes. This movie is solid. Has a vintage old-time feel to it. Well acted. Deals with the problems of the times (racism, bullying, war, alcoholism, death) in a dramatic, humorous and clever way.

Great story. Whole family loved it. They dealt with faith in a reasonable way. They pulled heartstrings without being saccharine. The critics are just so dead-set on hating any movie that deals with faith, especially the Christian faith. This movie soft-pedals that faith - but it definitely is a strong element.

Wholeheartedly recommend this movie to families who want to be able to go out together for a movie, and be inspired and entertained at the same time.

Life Changing Messages of LITTLE BOY

Author: heaven_rd from United States
25 April 2015

It is difficult to express in words the absolute beauty of this film.This movie truly grips your soul as you experience with Little Boy the meaning of relentless, mountain moving faith, the courage to face one's fears, the ugliness of bullying and racism, the power and beauty of forgiveness, and the great hardships that war brings to families. This movie had me crying one moment and laughing the next, but most of all, its impact has remained with me long after I left the theater!It has truly inspired me to never give up and to keep believing when there is no evidence to encourage me to do so. As a middle school teacher, I was blessed with the opportunity to take all of our students to see this film. It was incredible to watch the student's reactions to the film! They were cheering, laughing, and crying all throughout just as I was! Their comments after give tribute to this movie's life changing messages! I have several "little boys" who are often picked on for their "fun size" (a name they have given for their short stature), and the common reflection for each of them was "Little people can do great things." and "Size doesn't keep you from greatness"! I am truly praising Jesus for this powerful, inspirational, film that has already blessed me, my family, and my students beyond measure! God bless you for making such a beautiful film!

"Little boy. Believe the impossible"

Author: MarianaHuerta from United States
1 April 2015

I was captivated by the acting, as well as the cinematography and special effects contained on this great production. I'm glad to see that the filmmakers and actors are bringing this kind of messages to the world through art reminding us that love is the force that brings us all together and that's the path to follow as humanity. I loved Eduardo Verástegui's performance by showing Little Boy the importance of faith. It made me think about how we must have the strength to defend the truth even when some people don't see it. It also made me remember that if we have the courage to go the right way and follow our goals or dreams, based on good intentions, God will give us what we need to get trough difficulties. Not only is it a very entertaining movie with a deep emotional content, but it is also an example of kindness and compassion, great job on bringing all together. The film made me cry, laugh and feel identified at some point with the characters. It takes you on an exciting emotional roller coaster with a beautiful message at the end that will take your breath away.

Excellent well filmed and acted inspirational movie

Author: Patrick from Colorado
25 April 2015

Finally a movie that you can take the kids to where both the parents and children love,love,love the film. This is a well filmed beautifully acting movie with a message that can change our world for good.It will make you laugh, cry, applaud, be inspired, dream, pray, and feel good about life after viewing it. The little boy does an incredible job acting along with the rest of the cast. David Henrie definitely has a movie acting career in his future after an award winning performance. It was refreshing to see Kevin James in a different more serious role even though he still had the audience laughing! This is how movies should be made for families and anyone else wanting a clean, uplifting film that everyone from all ages can enjoy! This is one movie you don't want to miss especially while it is in theaters as the sound effects and tract are amazing as well!

Profoundly Moving

Author: inhisgripmc from New York, New York
24 April 2015

Little Boy is a poignant movie which gripped me from beginning to end as I followed this child's journey to bring his father home from the war. He displays a faith and determination only a child can have and what makes it believable is that the movie does a great job in establishing the little boy's love for his father, who is his best friend, as his driving force. Jakob Salvati, who plays the little boy, Pepper, delivers a brilliant performance. The movie dealt with issues relevant to the time in a sensitive yet satisfying manner. It made me laugh, cry, and challenged me. With Hollywood delivering so many unsatisfying movies, this is a must see. I have already viewed this twice and will likely see it again. Don't miss this heartwarming story.

Little Boy... Excellent film!!!!

Author: newegyptiangirl from Tyler, Texas
28 April 2015

"Little Boy" is an excellent film! It was very well done with period costuming and set designs. It contains a plethora of stories inside the story itself taking the audience through many different adventures. The emotion was high throughout the film with variations in amusing entertainment and very emotional moments that grab your heart drawing you right in! Between tears of joy and tears of sorrow absorbing the emotions of the story with the characters themselves... I could hardly keep my eyes dry. The acting was excellent and the cast was very well put together. Little Boy himself could not have been better cast! He is a gem in this story! I would go back to see it a second time.... I thoroughly enjoyed this film and give it a huge thumbs up! I rate it 10 out of 10! Heidi Lynn Borden... Wildflower Christian Films, Texas

#LittleBoyMovie - Moving Mountains Worldwide

Author: Amelia Saldarriaga from Miami, FL
16 April 2015

Saw the screening and loved every minute of the film. Not only is it inspiring, but it makes you think and see the world through a child's eyes.

Engaging storyline, amazing cinematography and great acting. Jakob Salvati is perfect for the part. Truly a natural.

Recommended for the entire family with a message that can be applied to all aspects of life in any culture and language. Little Boy teaches children young and old that having Faith can make the impossible, possible.

It's evident the thought that was placed in creating a quality film for everyone to enjoy with a positive message.

Movie for family

Author: janis urtans from Latvia
5 August 2015

I didn't expect a lot from this movie, but I wanted to watch something rather light ,just to relax, and this movie gave me this relax feeling! When I read it is going to be about WWII I kind a thought to see some action in it, but there were no real action. The story line was rather predictable, but still interesting to watch to relax. I didn't get anything big out of this movie, but for sure this movie may be great for kids and for family, because it is about believing in dreams, how racism is bad (by seeing how disgusting those who are racist looks), and it kind a gives a view in history of WWII, small enough to not traumatize kids too much as well touch of sadness is in it, what may bring empathy in some of those who will watch it . This is definitely a family movie!

Not bad but not great

Author: mhol111964-754-567942 from Athens, Alabama
26 April 2015

I saw it today and it was not a bad movie but I was a tad disappointed. The trailer had me thinking that it would be Big Fish-like. The trailer made it look like a fantasy drama that would be "instant classic" material but it's really a religious film. It's beautifully shot and I liked the symbolism, and it was quite emotional. However, The film has problems. For instance, Pepper doesn't even really have powers. He only just has "faith" and a to-do list, which (for me) was quite disappointing. Another thing is that our protagonist Pepper, while not unlikeable, is quite annoying at times. Like when he does that pose thing, he makes those grunt sounds which went out of hand and started to get on my nerves. Also, there is the ending. Like, for a second I was like "Oh, so they're going the "tragic" route". Then it got all "happily ever after". How Original. I also thought it was a bit too melodramatic at times and quite (I don't usually like this word but it's true here) pretentious. Like on the previews, they make it out to be so "amazing" and "uplifting", when in reality, it's just a mediocre religious film. I am not trolling. I did not hate the film but I don't really recommend it either. For what it is, it's not a bad film. It has it's qualities. The acting is decent, it has a bit of heart, and it has a pretty accurate depiction of the true events that the film is inspired by. I can see some people enjoying it, but in the end, I can't say I was impressed with it. I'd say give it a go. You might like it but you might not be impressed. If you're a "Jesus freak", you may as well enjoy it. Overall, I thought this film was a little on the okay/mediocre side.

Christian Faith = You Get What You Want

Author: smoothgrind-58805 from United States
30 April 2015

Other reviewers who have said this movie does not hit you over the head with its message of faith are correct. It is more subtle than most of the so-called faith-based movies out there. Furthermore, there really is much to like about this movie, from the outstanding performance of the young Jakob Salvati to the anti-bullying and anti-racism themes. And the anguish of the priest, played beautifully by Tom Wilkinson, who wants to encourage "Little Boy"'s faith but who knows that prayers often go unfulfilled, gives the film a more realistic feel than it might have had. In fact, had the movie ended when it "should" have, after the first of its two "endings," I could have lived with the message that faith helps you get through hard times and I would have given the film a 7. But no, the movie had to cave in to the demands of its Christian creators and send us away with the false message that if your faith is strong enough, it will bring you whatever you ask for. This is what the faithful desperately want to believe, so when the movie tells them that yes, it is true, of course they go wild in their effusive praise. There is a good movie locked inside this Christian fable. It's too bad it wasn't allowed to escape.

Page 1 of 11:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]