IMDb > "Airplane Repo" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Airplane Repo" More at IMDbPro »

The show is fake, but I love it anyway.

Author: bushcasa from United States
8 September 2013

Sometimes it's good to just turn off your brain and enjoy. If you love aviation and enjoy some good cinematography then this scripted show is a good escape from reality.

The characters and situations the writers come up with are outlandish but it's still entertaining. I like to watch it with my 9 and 13 year-olds and let them figure out the clues that questions the shows 'Reality' veracity.

There is good edutainment value provided by the shows narrator, Mike Rowe of Deadliest Catch fame. He provides some solid facts about aircraft and the aviation world.

Jason Bush Air Traffic Controller/Pilot

Fake, fake, fake

Author: benhasajeep
25 July 2013

These shows are so fake and set up. It's amazing anyone could possibly believe it's real. If these guys are in such a rush to get planes out quickly. When did they have time to mount cameras all over the plane for aerial shots. And how did they happen to get elevated shots from a high point at airports where they land. Where supposedly cops were also waiting?? Show is total BS!!!!! There are clues all over the shows that indicate they are really scripted and set up. I would even go so far as saying the planes were probably already secured and they filmed after they had already been repossessed!

And the 3 reviews that give it rave reviews is absolutely FAKE!!!

Scripted Joke

Author: (holcklarsencarl) from United States
8 August 2013

This whole plot is a joke... They bring camera men in on secret missions really? Don't be fooled by this scripted terrible story. Once they found an alligator in the desert... Even if you ignore the scripted sides of things, this thing still has a terrible story. Make a real documentary about how it is in real life or make an interesting show. You have failed to do both here. This needs some work ...

Strangely Interesting

Author: sburjak from United States
27 March 2011

An odd, but interesting show. Suspense, reality, wry humor, pathos, people with colorful pasts, most importantly flying and airplanes.

Also what a range of airplanes and locales.

Has it all. A show that doesn't need anything added to quicken the pulse rate.

It's real. It has a number of personalities who have differing MOs for dealing with difficult situations.

What an interesting career path.

Nick Popovich has quite a knack for assembling teams of people who are specialists in their fields.

Go Nick, keep collecting from the deadbeats and dreamers.

You've got to be kidding me

Author: dholec from United States
21 July 2013

I watched part of an episode the other night. The repo man went to pick up a plane and some of the electronics were missing. He takes the plane at night, uses a automotive GPS device to fly to a neighboring airfield and has to call using a cell phone to get the new airfield to turn on the lights. WTF. With the thousands of dollars these guys claim to make off of these repos, they could afford a hand-held com and a Garmin 396 in their repo bag. This is full of manufactured drama. They are in a hurry to remove the plane from the airfield but they apparently have time to install 10 GoPro cameras on and around the airplane. ( even in the wheel wells ) Real repos are boring. You show up with a sheriff and a bunch of legal documents and if the plane is flyable but incomplete, you must obtain a ferry permit from the FAA otherwise the pilot could lose his/her license. Far from real. I wouldn't hire these jokers to WASH an airplane of mine, let alone fly it.

Sometimes staged is still entertaining

Author: chazz46-2 from United States
27 September 2014

Like many others, I can see through each scenario as very likely being staged, yet I cannot change the channel - because it is very entertaining. There has to be a lot of hum drum repossessions out there, but the imagination leads to an infinitesimal number of dramatic situations. With improbable scenarios, you can keep our interest. I don't mind if you put bird's nests in the carburetor intakes to force an abort on takeoff. I don't mind if the plane sitting in the hangar is surrounded by cargo containing live cobras, etc. I don't mind if a colossal combine with the plane's owner is coming down the runway to try to prevent a takeoff. All of these scenarios are just a script writer's "genius". Think about the gator shows: search for alligators, find them hooked with the bait, pull them alongside small boat, try to shoot them in their small skull, and then pull them inside the boat. The script genius in these episodes are more dramas about the relationships between the gator hunters. But they never surpass even the soap opera level here. I have to make sure I don't find Airplane Repo on the channel or it's like eating popcorn.

Well done insight into complex and team driven business of high ticket Repos

Author: info-9268 from United States
9 June 2011

Very well produced series details the enormity of what one may mistakenly take for granted; aircraft repos. The problems and solutions faced by the crew are unimaginable; except to perhaps a pilot and a leasing financier.

The international, multi-million dollar repos of TWO Airbus aircraft was captivating. Customs, trans oceanic flights, logistics, customs, defaulter's bankruptcy efforts, part failures, master mechanics' international parts delivery; EVERYTHING!

Quite well done and extremely educational. No personality battles or ego tripping. Just serious professionals who know their jobs and work in a very high stakes business.

Kudos !

More More More

Author: rain-wallace from Alta, Utah
14 February 2012

This was the best TV I've seen in... ever. I was up late night and bam! This reality TV show pops up, two shows in a row. Lucky me I was locked into watching both. You may remember when Mission Impossible was a TV show about cool operatives who seamlessly pulled off the impossible every week? Before the movies when everything gets all screwed up and emotional everything is about just trying to stay ahead of the last screwup? This lear-jet repo crew is like the first Mission Impossible crew. They are well funded, cool, prepared and successful. The only show that has reality looking better than fiction. Now I can't find it on the guide and I don't think it's showing anywhere. Figures this bunch was way too cool to be allowed to run long as reality TV, they had all their teeth and were sober.