IMDb > "Bum Reviews" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Bum Reviews" More at IMDbPro »

Oh my God, this is the greatest series I've ever seen in my life!!!!!!!

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
30 July 2013

There is this guy, who reviews movies. He runs through the plot and characters and he always thinks it's the best movie he's ever seen. He is also homeless and is played by that guy with the glasses. He also is energetic throughout the reviews. Do you have some change? Come on, help a guy out.

In all seriousness, I don't think this is as good as The Nostalgia Critic. I think that without the sens of humour Doug is getting across (which is weaker here) there isn't anything going for it. One of the reasons why I enjoy The Nostalgia Critic is that he does put in there fair criticisms once in a while. This is just going around talking about blockbusters being this guy's new favourite movie while pointing out the flaws. Does it make way for a good show? Yes, but it does have some huge problems.

On that note, yes it is funny if you are a fan of the Nostalgia Critic or even just like him (which my case is the latter) however, if you don't like the Nostalgia Critic or only think he's okay then this show is probably one you are not going to like.

Bum Reviews Review

Author: sheeleyb from Shirley, MA
6 September 2012

Oh My God! This is the greatest review show I had ever seen in my life!

It's about this bum, named Chester, and a bunch of unseen people force him to see movies before then sticking him in front of a camera to say how awesome all of the movies are! Only as he starts spoiling everything that happens, he tends to realize how much most of the plots tend not to make any sense... or that certain protagonists are idiots... or jerks... or more evil than the supposed bad guys. Okay, a lot of times the movies turn out to actually suck. But on the bright side at least these unseen people are exploiting a deranged homeless man into making a fool of himself in return for letting him sit inside of a nice warm theater for a few hours.

I made a fool of myself once! But it only happened when I was writing reviews on IMDb.

So if you like well thought out, spoiler-free movie reviews then... I... recommend finding some other reviewer who is much more professional, relaxed, and likely not shooting up on something while smelling like rotten cabbage and wet cardboard on his best day. (By the way, I'm pretty sure it wasn't wet with water.) But if you just want a laugh and don't mind being spoiled while watching a good riffing on many of the major cinematic releases, then you might possibly settle for this bum.

Another "hit" from Doug Walker

Author: HaddonfieldJason from United States
13 February 2012

Surprise, surprise, Douglas Walker has taken a joke that wasn't funny when he first did it nearly four years ago and has turned it into an excruciatingly long and annoying series. Bum Reviews is by far the worst offering from Mr. Walker and that is saying something indeed. It takes no thought process to the episode and the sole draw to the show is Mr. Walker's loud shrill voice(which by the rate he screams should be ready to burst in the near future). It is no surprise to me that Walker has suffered several bouts of laryngitis because any acting teacher with half a brain will tell you his "method" is unsustainable, unhealthy, and just plain stupid.