IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 24: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Please don't make a season 4. IT ENDS PERFECTLY THIS WAY.

Author: amoooooor from Egypt
25 January 2014

I just finished watching season 3 of Homeland an American series based on an Israeli series called Prisoners of war. The story is new and it takes you to intelligence agencies fight, this time inside the USA. The series was full of problems when it came to address the Muslim characters. I hope I would get to see the day when American movie makers would even google the way Muslims talk and pray. The way the Muslim character prayer in the series is more of a Hindu than a Muslim.

The story line is really solid and you remain interested at every part of the series. All actors taking part in the production are mediocre, except for Claire Danes. She excelled into showing this motivated yet disturbed character she played. You swing between hating her into being in love with her character through out the story line.

I have no intention into adding any spoilers in here, but I just wished Showtime had decided to bringing Homeland into a close after season 3. The way this season ended could have made the series the best among American TV productions to come in terms with the audience. TV in America is totally dependent on money and ratings they don't mind to ruin their art sometimes for the sake of more dough. I liked Homeland (especially the third season) so much I definitely would sanely choose not to watch the next season.

Not worth watching anymore

Author: rpete528 from United States
8 January 2014

This show was good when it first started. The idea of a POW returns home but is possibly a terrorist. The story idea was good but the series now is just all over the map. It got silly when the lead character, Carrie Mathison starts having sex with the return POW, Nicholas Brody. Her character is awful. She has sex with strangers, takes drugs for her mental instability, and she is either crying, yelling at Saul, or just making these awful distorted looking faces in every episode. It's above annoying to watch and I don't think Claire Danes is good for the lead role. Actually, the only likable character is Damian Lewis and he is the villain...we think. He's a bad guy, then he's a good guy (maybe), then he's a bad guy.....geez enough already. I loved him as Captain Winters in Band of Brothers and he pretty much is the only one that makes the show worth watching. The man can surely act. Then the show starts involving the daughter of the Brody's. She has issues and so forth and her character is almost as annoying as Claire Danes. Just a whiney snotty kid who seems like she is stoned half the time. Her acting is dry and not good. I don't know how many people auditioned for her role but they picked the wrong person. The show has come to an end for me. There is nothing to keep this interesting anymore and they should just end this thing already.

Great Show

Author: john smith from United States
2 August 2013

This is one great show. It keeps you interested throughout the series and is awesome to learn about the war and how the CIA operates. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. I feel like it always has a big cliffhanger at the end of each episode. Nick Brodie is a character where sometimes you love him and then at times you don't know what you think of him. Although it doesn't have a ton of action it still has a ton of suspense. I can't wait for the next season. The girl who plays Kerry is a very good actor and really keeps the show going. It doesn't need that much action to be great because it has a very good plot that you cant get to too much detail or it will give it away. I love this show and it kept me hooked all the way through. I felt like I never got bored Through this show. I do not think it is better then Breaking Bad but it is one of my favorite shows of all time. I highly recommend catching up on this to see the next season which is coming soon.

Great thriller with lots of drama and suspense! 8

Author: manusanchez90 from Spain
29 April 2013

I used to watch many TV series as a child, both cartoon and real image ones: "Scooby-Doo", "Johny Bravo", "The Simpsons", "Spider-Man"; "Smallville", "C.S.I. Miami", "The X-Files", "Hercules: the legendary journeys", "The A-Team" and "Baywatch" were my favorite. I do not follow many of the current ones. I think there are too many of them and most are too long (too many seasons and chapters). Anyway, I decided to begin watching "Homeland" thanks to a flatmate. I have liked it since the first chapter began. I just saw the first season and the first six from the second one. By now, I think the first seasons is a bit better, but they are both very good. "Homeland" is based on another TV series from Israel which I have never seen. "Homeland" is a mix of drama, action and intrigue. It contains good dialogues and a fine acting from every actor even though none is famous. The starring actor is the English Damian Lewis, the most well-known in the cast. He plays a quite believable role. The plot is full of twists and surprises and almost no chapter is empty, so in each one, something relevant occurs. Another strong point is that there are still just two seasons with twelve chapters each with an average length of 50 minutes. That is why I can say that time and direction are well-managed. I will not reveal anything about the plot except that it is about a U.S. soldier who is rescued from Iraqi terrorist in Iraq after several years as a prisoner. Then, the C.I.A. suspects he is on their side. The spectator never really knows what goes on and the plot is as confusing as entertaining. It is true that sometimes, there are too many dialogues and that the acting from some is not the best, but it is excellent anyway. I recommend "Homeland" to all those who like to watch TV series and thrillers. 8.

Review of Season 2 Finale

Author: jshedro-571-713442 from United States
2 January 2013

SPOILER ALERT: If you watch "Homeland" and haven't seen the Season 2 finale I do not recommend reading this review. Aired Sunday, December 22nd, the Showtime series "Homeland's" season 2 finale was both a success and a disappointment. "Homeland" is the story of Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis), who was an American P.O.W. for 8 years in Afghanistan After succumbing to Al-Qaeda leader, Abu Nazir's (Navid Negahban) bribes of hospitality, Brody begins working for those who saw America as the enemy. Throughout season 2 of the series, Brody begins working as a double agent in favor of his home country and attempts to assist the C.I.A. in taking Nazir down and stopping potential threats to the nation. Taking place directly after the successful killing of Abu Nazir, the season 2 finale of "Homeland" shows Brody finally feeling free of all the pressure that comes from being a double agent. No longer held under Nazir's firm grasp, Brody feels that he is able to start his life over again and can finally be with the love of his life, C.I.A. operative, Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes). Here lies the episode's disappointing qualities. About 35-40 minutes of the hour long special was about the rekindling of Brody and Carrie's love life. This relationship between the two main characters is not new to this series; in fact it is a major story arc that has been seen countless times thus far. However, the cheesiness of the character's relationship is an element that is new to "Homeland." The Brody and Carrie scenes of Sunday night's episode were almost difficult to watch. The dialogue between the characters is something one would expect to find in a novel by Nicholas Sparks, not in an episode of one of the most exciting series of the year. The major element of the season finale that worked was the huge plot twist, which was a 9/11-esque terrorist attack on the C.I.A. headquarters that killed over 200 people. The attack was a bomb that was planted in Brody's car and left dangerously close to the C.I.A.'s building. Of course making the primary suspect of the attack "former" terrorist, Nicholas Brody. Surviving the bombing and claiming to have had nothing to do with the attack, Brody goes on the run with the help of the only person inclined to believe him, Carrie. While this plot twist did make the episode better and definitely left the viewer in awe, I cannot say that it was entirely unexpected. The episode definitely did not seem to be heading in the direction of a fatal terrorist attack, but ironically enough, the message of "Nothing can prepare you for what is about to happen" that was found in last week's coming attractions, is what prepared me for this plot twist. That, and my personal disbelief that the season finale of a show as great as "Homeland" could be so damn boring (which it would have been, if this attack had not happened). In fact, the best part of the episode's plot twist is that it caused Brody to go on the run and by doing so, allowed for the abysmal love scenes between Brody and Carrie to come to an end. More seriously though, even if the plot twist was a bit predictable, it was still what caused "Homeland's" season 2 finale to not only become watchable, but enjoyable as well. The scene of the attack was exciting and who doesn't love a great cliffhanger? Was Brody involved in the attack on the C.I.A. headquarters? If not, then who was? There are plenty of the unanswered questions that can only be resolved by sticking with "Homeland" and seeing what the writers give us next season. "Homeland's" season finale was definitely not without flaws, however, it successfully left viewers wanting more.

An average show with some glaring errors

Author: viv-1435 from Ramadi, Iraq
25 October 2014

I thought this show was average at best and didn't quite live up to all the hype that it attracted when it was first released. There are way too many loose ends in the plot and for me most of the actors didn't do their best job. Few things that make this show stupid:

1. Carrie Mathison: Her personality, stunts, shenanigans. I mean, do CIA agents really behave like cranky teenagers? How does someone so emotionally unstable even land such a job? And...CIA or Military, an order is an order! But Carrie will have none of it. Her colleagues themselves had to shoot her to make things clear. LOL

With her petite frame she dodges bullets on rooftops in Beirut, gets slammed face first onto a tank by one of the world's deadliest terrorists, is 20 meters from an exploding briefcase but ends up fine. Is she secretly also a Navy SEAL?

Also, whats up with her facial expressions? Confused, Angry, Tense...all mixed up! Textbook psycho woman, but still somehow an active CIA agent.

There are loads of other things that make absolutely no sense.

2. Peter Quinn threatening his boss David Estees. Makes CIA look like a drug cartel where anyone can hold a gun to anyone. He threatened the Director of the bloody CIA in his own house. And got away with it LMAO!

3. Majid Javadi, the 2nd highest dude in the Iranian intelligence murders his wife and daughter in law in cold blood in a residential area in the USA? Are you kidding me? There were a million discreet ways to do that, but an experienced intelligence officer couldn't think of any? Please.

4. At the end of Season 3, Fara is an innocent but talented girl who has just joined the CIA. Come season 4 and she's in Islamabad. On the streets. With no protection from the agency or the embassy. So she became a field agent in like 3 months? What did her already p*ssed off dad have to say about that?

5. A total of 5 dudes pretty much run the entire show at the CIA. And they always give in to Carrie's incessant rants.

6. The fake accents in Pakistan. Oh my God! I died laughing at that one. I guess nobody bothered to do any research about how Urdu is not Hindi.Many of the Pakistani characters were actually Indian. But what was on screen was not even Hindi. It sounded ridiculously funny!

The only true saving grace for Homeland is Mandy Patinkin. His performance was exceptional and deserves applause. Otherwise this show is mediocre and the writing, horrible.

well balanced thriller which keeps you on your toes by intelligently designed plots and results

Author: Adeel Ahmed from Pakistan
27 January 2013

few days ago i was at my friend's place when i first heard of this show 'homeland' and my very first question was 'whats the plot?'. while he was letting me in on the plot i was like here we go! another biased American show glorifying the military and the CIA. but when i started watching it, to my utmost surprise, it wasn't biased. for once somebody in the holly wood has tried to shed some light on that side of the story which is deliberately swept under the carpet. one of the few reasons why 'homeland' just recently won the golden globe and has a wide viewership is because it doesn't take sides but let you choose and decide for yourself who has been wronged and who is doing wrong! one may find minor flaws in the story at times but all in all it's nice to watch.

Mandy Patinking & Claire Danes Chemistry!!!! Wow!!!

Author: closesquarters from Wisconsin
17 December 2012

How can I say anything negative about Homeland. One of, and arguably the best drama action series ever filmed.

Mandy Patinkin... you are amazing! If you don't win best supporting actor in the next Emmy Awards... something is wrong with the system. And your bizarre chemistry with Claire Danes is not something to be ignored. You two on camera together absolutely command the attention of viewers... (It's weirdly powerful stuff). Congrats to you two and keep up the good work. I just love when things come together perfectly... and Homeland is just the ticket in this case.

Looking forward to awards for the fruits of your labor... and to season 3 of Homeland.

Take care!

Favorite show

Author: Anthony Sheets from United States
16 June 2012

When I see Homeland on showtime, I always get excited for the second season. Sargent Brody(Damian Lewis) is one scary character. Great acting, it was a thrill to watch him each episode. Carrie Mathison(Claire Danes) Is a trip. Claire Danes, a woman not very big is the film business, gives a spectacular performance. She is now on my radar and has proved she can act. All supporting characters, sub-stories, and the main story about a P.O.W. gone for 8 years, now returns and suspected to be turned, working for the biggest terrorist threat, Abu Nazir. Homeland will truly have you guessing and second guessing what you first thought. A show for everyone to watch.

Fantastic show

Author: Maniac-9 from St. Louis, MO
9 March 2012

Showtime has hit a home run with their new series Homeland starring Damian Lewis and Claire Danes. It's about a Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody(Lewis) who was taken as a prisoner of war for the past 8 years that an CIA Agent Carrie Mathison(Danes) believes has been turned by Al Qaeda. While Brody comes home as a hero, Mathison has her doubts about him. Just such an intriguing idea for a show that unravels it's layers one by one learning a little bit more about the puzzle each and every episode. It's not till the end of the first season where you really even know where Brody really stands. Just such a great modern show that has some real life practicalities about it, like this stuff could actually take place in the current world climate.