IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 28: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

way to many faults

Author: davies73-959-258650 from Norway
27 March 2014

This is my first review, but i felt i had to question how this show could have such a high rating. Most of my favorite shows have good ratings, and i picked this show because it had great ratings.

I have watched 3 seasons, and I can not believe how bad it is. The main character is completely unrealistic. She has a severe mental disability, treats everyone she works with as badly as you possibly can, she even get shot by her own agency when she compromises an ongoing operation, lies to her superiors and coworkers whenever she likes and breaks every rule and regulation along the way. This show could be good for two seasons if you take out the lead character, but once you reach season three the show is so unrealistic that I can not see any way it could be saved.

I do hope they cut this travesty of a show, but I would really like to know how people could rate it so highly and would welcome some feedback about what people who see the faults like in the show.

Great Show

Author: john smith from United States
2 August 2013

This is one great show. It keeps you interested throughout the series and is awesome to learn about the war and how the CIA operates. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. I feel like it always has a big cliffhanger at the end of each episode. Nick Brodie is a character where sometimes you love him and then at times you don't know what you think of him. Although it doesn't have a ton of action it still has a ton of suspense. I can't wait for the next season. The girl who plays Kerry is a very good actor and really keeps the show going. It doesn't need that much action to be great because it has a very good plot that you cant get to too much detail or it will give it away. I love this show and it kept me hooked all the way through. I felt like I never got bored Through this show. I do not think it is better then Breaking Bad but it is one of my favorite shows of all time. I highly recommend catching up on this to see the next season which is coming soon.

Great thriller with lots of drama and suspense! 8

Author: manusanchez90 from Spain
29 April 2013

I used to watch many TV series as a child, both cartoon and real image ones: "Scooby-Doo", "Johny Bravo", "The Simpsons", "Spider-Man"; "Smallville", "C.S.I. Miami", "The X-Files", "Hercules: the legendary journeys", "The A-Team" and "Baywatch" were my favorite. I do not follow many of the current ones. I think there are too many of them and most are too long (too many seasons and chapters). Anyway, I decided to begin watching "Homeland" thanks to a flatmate. I have liked it since the first chapter began. I just saw the first season and the first six from the second one. By now, I think the first seasons is a bit better, but they are both very good. "Homeland" is based on another TV series from Israel which I have never seen. "Homeland" is a mix of drama, action and intrigue. It contains good dialogues and a fine acting from every actor even though none is famous. The starring actor is the English Damian Lewis, the most well-known in the cast. He plays a quite believable role. The plot is full of twists and surprises and almost no chapter is empty, so in each one, something relevant occurs. Another strong point is that there are still just two seasons with twelve chapters each with an average length of 50 minutes. That is why I can say that time and direction are well-managed. I will not reveal anything about the plot except that it is about a U.S. soldier who is rescued from Iraqi terrorist in Iraq after several years as a prisoner. Then, the C.I.A. suspects he is on their side. The spectator never really knows what goes on and the plot is as confusing as entertaining. It is true that sometimes, there are too many dialogues and that the acting from some is not the best, but it is excellent anyway. I recommend "Homeland" to all those who like to watch TV series and thrillers. 8.

Review of Season 2 Finale

Author: jshedro-571-713442 from United States
2 January 2013

SPOILER ALERT: If you watch "Homeland" and haven't seen the Season 2 finale I do not recommend reading this review. Aired Sunday, December 22nd, the Showtime series "Homeland's" season 2 finale was both a success and a disappointment. "Homeland" is the story of Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis), who was an American P.O.W. for 8 years in Afghanistan After succumbing to Al-Qaeda leader, Abu Nazir's (Navid Negahban) bribes of hospitality, Brody begins working for those who saw America as the enemy. Throughout season 2 of the series, Brody begins working as a double agent in favor of his home country and attempts to assist the C.I.A. in taking Nazir down and stopping potential threats to the nation. Taking place directly after the successful killing of Abu Nazir, the season 2 finale of "Homeland" shows Brody finally feeling free of all the pressure that comes from being a double agent. No longer held under Nazir's firm grasp, Brody feels that he is able to start his life over again and can finally be with the love of his life, C.I.A. operative, Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes). Here lies the episode's disappointing qualities. About 35-40 minutes of the hour long special was about the rekindling of Brody and Carrie's love life. This relationship between the two main characters is not new to this series; in fact it is a major story arc that has been seen countless times thus far. However, the cheesiness of the character's relationship is an element that is new to "Homeland." The Brody and Carrie scenes of Sunday night's episode were almost difficult to watch. The dialogue between the characters is something one would expect to find in a novel by Nicholas Sparks, not in an episode of one of the most exciting series of the year. The major element of the season finale that worked was the huge plot twist, which was a 9/11-esque terrorist attack on the C.I.A. headquarters that killed over 200 people. The attack was a bomb that was planted in Brody's car and left dangerously close to the C.I.A.'s building. Of course making the primary suspect of the attack "former" terrorist, Nicholas Brody. Surviving the bombing and claiming to have had nothing to do with the attack, Brody goes on the run with the help of the only person inclined to believe him, Carrie. While this plot twist did make the episode better and definitely left the viewer in awe, I cannot say that it was entirely unexpected. The episode definitely did not seem to be heading in the direction of a fatal terrorist attack, but ironically enough, the message of "Nothing can prepare you for what is about to happen" that was found in last week's coming attractions, is what prepared me for this plot twist. That, and my personal disbelief that the season finale of a show as great as "Homeland" could be so damn boring (which it would have been, if this attack had not happened). In fact, the best part of the episode's plot twist is that it caused Brody to go on the run and by doing so, allowed for the abysmal love scenes between Brody and Carrie to come to an end. More seriously though, even if the plot twist was a bit predictable, it was still what caused "Homeland's" season 2 finale to not only become watchable, but enjoyable as well. The scene of the attack was exciting and who doesn't love a great cliffhanger? Was Brody involved in the attack on the C.I.A. headquarters? If not, then who was? There are plenty of the unanswered questions that can only be resolved by sticking with "Homeland" and seeing what the writers give us next season. "Homeland's" season finale was definitely not without flaws, however, it successfully left viewers wanting more.

Best show

Author: johnturtlebaum711 from United States
19 June 2012

can't get enough... please bring on the next season. I am having withdrawals.. this is such a good show that i almost would rather rent the dvds then to watch each episode. I can't stand to wait for the next one.. all the characters are great the character playing brody was so good in band of brothers i'm glad to see he is getting more attention. im not a claire danes fan but i actually don't mind her in this show... she is so fantastic that I forgot. even the more energetic scenes are not cheesy at all. also curious to see how they do the next season give me more homeland soon plllllleeeeassseee!!!!!! wonder if brody is going to finally give up his contacts.

Complex story but very bad writing and acting

Author: lodi-szabolcs from Budapest
11 March 2014

I hoped for a really exciting spying and conspiracy. The spy-work i got, but characters are really unrealistic. The main character is an agent, who has almost in every scene a nervous break down and cries. Really cries. And she messes up so many times, that i find its really unrealistic that she's still "in" the action. Who writes stuff like this? Its not the actors fault, its the screenwriters. The character a mentally unstable CIA agent who goes many times after her own head, against orders and jeopardizes missions many times and after every time, they just through in something in, like she found some Intel on some paper or chip, and everybody forgives her. I find that very unrealistic. The main story about a maybe-turned prisoner of war it self is good. You never know who's on who's side. But the bad character writing overshadows the hole thing. Sad to say: very very bad characters….

well balanced thriller which keeps you on your toes by intelligently designed plots and results

Author: Adeel Ahmed from Pakistan
27 January 2013

few days ago i was at my friend's place when i first heard of this show 'homeland' and my very first question was 'whats the plot?'. while he was letting me in on the plot i was like here we go! another biased American show glorifying the military and the CIA. but when i started watching it, to my utmost surprise, it wasn't biased. for once somebody in the holly wood has tried to shed some light on that side of the story which is deliberately swept under the carpet. one of the few reasons why 'homeland' just recently won the golden globe and has a wide viewership is because it doesn't take sides but let you choose and decide for yourself who has been wronged and who is doing wrong! one may find minor flaws in the story at times but all in all it's nice to watch.

Mandy Patinking & Claire Danes Chemistry!!!! Wow!!!

Author: closesquarters from Wisconsin
17 December 2012

How can I say anything negative about Homeland. One of, and arguably the best drama action series ever filmed.

Mandy Patinkin... you are amazing! If you don't win best supporting actor in the next Emmy Awards... something is wrong with the system. And your bizarre chemistry with Claire Danes is not something to be ignored. You two on camera together absolutely command the attention of viewers... (It's weirdly powerful stuff). Congrats to you two and keep up the good work. I just love when things come together perfectly... and Homeland is just the ticket in this case.

Looking forward to awards for the fruits of your labor... and to season 3 of Homeland.

Take care!

Every character is annoying

Author: Beyzoshgs from Turkey
19 November 2014

i started to watch this show because i thought Claire Danes would not play in a bad production. The show has a good plot but the characters are very annoying. Carrie is so much annoying that i can't stand her ( Danes is a very good actress-). She ruins every plan, acts as if she owns USA, she always thinks she knows everything best, her gestures are so annoying that i cant stand her. if cia is just a little bit like this show than they are ruling an amusement park not a country. On the other hand, Brody and his wife Jessica has no characters, no moral issues or anything. They are both very annoying. She sleeps with his best friend and that is okey for everybody. And why does Jessica calls her husband Brody all the time? His name is Nicholas? Why would a wife calls her husband with his surname? i want to mention an other point ,if you know how to pray as a Muslim you would know that Brody prays wrongly, he should have learned how to before the shoots.By the way, i have to say that a real Muslim does not kill, does not drink, and doesn't cheat, the terrorists you call Muslim are not Muslim. The clever people can figure out what religion they have/haven't.

The viewing public must be terribly hungry for entertainment...

Author: maximilian2000 from Greece
7 February 2014

...otherwise how can they truly say that this average-at-best show is so terrific! The best way I can describe it is "a quality production, with a soap-opera level of drawn-out plots which makes it excruciatingly slow, and a plot which seems to have come out of an average spy book off the shelf". The entire 3-season plot can be described in 2 pieces of paper. That's how soap operas last years on end. And don't get me started on Brody's family. There's a filler if I ever saw one. There isn't a single second of family time that has ANYTHING to do with the overall plot. They were just trying to fill in hours. Shame on the sub-average writers, shame on the rest of us who truly WASTED so many hours of our life to NOT be entertained one bit by this sub-average show. Live a little people!.. Not worth your valuable time.