IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 33: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

started out good,now its just getting stupid

Author: Floorman1 from United States
1 November 2016

the show started out okay,but after watching the show i am about to call it quits.this show has gotten so stupid and so far away from how anything is really done that its almost unbearable now.the blonde is turning into a total basket case who isn't concerned for anything but getting screwed again,she is so far from how a real agent would handle themselves that i cant stand it.,The guy is a complete and total pussy that calling his character a complete failure is a major compliment and now the family and kids have started acting stupid too...its like none of the characters in this movie have any sense at all,the F B I should be "upset" at how they are portrayed in this movie. i don't know how many times you have to click submit,but this is my 5th time.

Started out awesome but soon turned dull and boring

Author: mike_moor from London England
23 January 2017

The first couple of seasons were really good, enjoyable, gripping and you were always wondering what is about to happen next. When they removed Damian Lewis it all turned dull and boring.

This kind of genre in books, TV & movies is usually where really interesting things happen all the time which ads color to the story lines and characters. Sadly the creators, writers and actors of this show lost touch with reality on what is interesting and entertaining and so a really cool show has become a boring chore to watch.

This genre affords the writers to do cool and outrageous things but sadly they choose to bore the audience.

Great show. Season 4 has some factual drawbacks

Author: Imtiaz P from Pakistan
23 March 2015

Season 4 of Homeland lives up to the riveting suspense it started with in the first season. The theme of prisoners of war developing affinity and empathy with their captors/enemy (Stockholm syndrome?) is cleverly reinvented in a new war zone; from Israel/Arab conflict to Taliban versus the West/CIA. This is where the otherwise impressive show is marred by details.

The locations, particularly Islamabad/Pakistan; most of the cast playing Afghan and Pakistani roles; local languages their accents and translations; appearances, costumes and uniforms; streets and signboards; and other depictions of the local culture leave a wide credibility gap and unwelcome distractions.

For example, a condolence from English to Urdu is translated as 'I apologize instead of: I am sorry.' Similar errors are many where the diction and syntax are alien to the region the characters are supposed to represent.

Another misrepresentation of cultural norms is a long embrace between a man and woman on the roof of a house in daylight and full view of the neighborhood. Haqqani's, a Taliban leader, return home and touching his wife in front of a crowd is another taboo which seeped through.

Except for few, most of the names given to characters are neither Pakistani nor Afghan. Islamabad street scenes, vehicles on the road and the surrounding landscape do not represent the original locale.

Not that I am going to stop watching rest of the show, but I do wish more attention was given to the above mentioned aspects of production.

Season 6 can't be anything but a bad dream

Author: James Walker from United States
9 March 2017

Just an odd shadow of what it used to be. All left wing all the time now- and not good left wing either... Just junk. Dar may as well start twirling a pedo mustache and doing a crazy villain laugh. Saul as the Jew who hate Judaism and Carrie the woman who just stopped a massive Islamic terror attack in Germany now dedicated to doing all she can to make sure that if they want to try such a thing in New York that it will be hard to stop them. A woman president elect who voted for the Iraq war but regrets it now (guess the writers guessed wrong here)... One of the cool things about previous seasons is that they seemed to exist in the world of the actual current president and leadership... This doesn't do that... It lives in a fictional creation more so than previous seasons and it reads like an apology letter for seasons past where Homeland got told they were too hard on Islamic terror. The only redeeming factor is Rupert Friend who plays Quinn. I remember reading once that a good actor is somebody who can take a terrible line or scene and still give a great performance. Rupert is that actor. He is the only reason to give any attention to this season.

Cheap background work

Author: kainuvainu from Boca Raton
15 July 2014

In this production there is no separation between Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims. Al Gaida is a Sunni terrorist organization that would never be able to operate in Shia Muslim country.

Of course some shia countries support another form of terrorism e.g. Hizbollah. These two sects would never be able to unite there operations.

Why does this series shows such a simplified version of reality to American youth. It is a frightening future view if a tea party presidential candidate with Sarah Palin's expertize of foreign countries should run for the office and drag the U.S. again to a row of senseless wars.

However, it depends whether Chinese are willing to finance the U.S. military campaigns in the future.

Feedback

Author: mghn1978
15 July 2014

I was one of the fans of this serial, however in recent episodes, my country, Iran had been shown in a very different way, which I am not happy with. My beautiful city, Tehran, had been shown like Arabian cities, it had been shown that in Tehran, people are wearing frightening Hijab and they are attacking others which is %100 wrong. we are civilized people and have powerful culture, there may be some political problems between my country and others, however it does not mean that we lost our humanity. Tehran is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and people are not at all like the one in the last episodes of Homeland.I highly have request from producers to show the reality about each place they are producing film about, in this case people who are watching these movies, will have a clear idea about other countries and their culture and habits. Thank You

No longer worth watching - STOP at season 5

Author: Phil Herup from United States
5 May 2017

This season (6) was just awful. What used to be a decent show has turned into a ridiculous platform for some ultra-left wing fascists to shove their warped views and morals down the throat of their audience. Not to mention the fact the show has just become boring. Watch season 1-5 as there are some decent moments in those, but don't bother with season 6. Hopefully they'll pull the plug on this useless waste of air time.

Season 6 is the worst

Author: Tan Pham from United States
20 April 2017

I used to love this show. I watched all the seasons. The first four seasons were great. I didn't like s5 so much b/c Quinn became a veggie in that one. S6 was so horrible. There were so many useless episodes in s6 about Carrie and her daughter. Like who cares about her damn daughter. You don't need to waste a bunch of episodes showing her mom/daughter issues. When they killed Quinn off at the end I was kind of disappointed. Quinn was one of the main reasons I liked the show so much. I was really disappointed when they made Quinn into a retard in S5.

They could've wrote the script a lot better in S6. When you watch S6, it's like you hope it's not another boring episode about her damn daughter issues. There's no suspense any more like the previous seasons.

political correctness ruined this show

Author: marlinmat-562-10692
7 March 2017

Homeland used to be somewhat realistic and a very entertaining show. This year, the season is half over and still not certain where it's trying to go...somewhat dull compared to previous seasons. I've seen that the show is trying not to depict Muslims as being terrorists. Too bad they've let liberal political correctness play a role in ruining this show. At the rate they're going, next season will be based on a rogue band of Amish terrorists plotting to impose their way of life on the country and will stop at nothing to accomplish their mission.

Claire Danes

Author: ashley anderson (aprilshere@gmail.com) from United States
28 November 2012

Claire Danes is awful for this part. the show concept is overrated and she is too scripted. Ann Hathaway did a good job on SNL mocking her. I loved her in My So called Life but that is it. She has not impressed me since. Damian Lewis is great and I almost think he is the only good part of the show. I have not seen any of season 2 so hopefully i will see some improvement in her acting and the shows actual core. It must have some thing that is getting peoples attention. I still need 3 more lines and have nothing more to say about this show. So I will just type until I have 10 lines and I hope someone thinks that this is funny and interesting.