IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 32: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

I couldn't wait for it to end

Author: jerseyjoea from United States
11 April 2017

This was one of my favorite shows the first 3 seasons than it went downhill. When you didn't think it could get any worse it did, big time.It's turning into "The Man in high castle" I think it's time to bale on this. So many shows start off good and than take a bad turn along the way.

It just gets slower and slower

Author: Pughnichi
6 February 2017

In short. Watch season 1 & 2, but quit whilst you're ahead.

It just continues to get slower and slower to the point whereby at season 6, I'm so frustrated each time an episode ends with nothing really of any substance that makes me want to watch more.

I'm 3, maybe 4 episodes in to the latest series and quite frankly, won't be tuning in next week.

Even the characters have become annoying and the acting much worse. Carrie has a constant worried look slapped across her face, Quinn is a mess and even Sol (who i used to really like) is a bit wet behind the ears.

I do get the sens its all building up to something...it just needs to get their quicker....Season 6 = epic fail.

5 stars based on a great 1st and second series.

The show this season has turned politically correct

Author: chaz716 from USA
3 April 2017

Since this season has turned politically correct in Season 6 it is a choir to watch... just finished ep.5 and I will not waste anymore time on this season, will skip the rest and hope the shows writers get their heads out of their asses and start writing better shows. Keep their political correctness out of the show and just get back to writing kickass seasons like the first 4 were.... aaahhhhh!!!

regarding the third season finale

Author: michaela_endomela from Israel
16 December 2013

I can't believe Brody's dead! I shouldn't watch the season, it was bad and wrecked the first 2 seasons. Without Brody the show isn't interesting. something is missing and that's him. Brody was the one that made the show good. Every episode I waited for his scenes with Carrie, that were the best. Claire Danes is excellent but she's like the mind in Homeland. Brody is (or was) the soul. and now he's missing... I need to write 10 lines minimum to get published but I think I made my point. It was a depressing ending and I think that there aren't any reasons to watch the show anymore. A big disappointment.

Interesting concept destroyed by very weak writing

Author: userseven from Bucharest, Romania
12 September 2013

What is wrong with this picture? The organization and the ALL operatives are portrayed as utter incompetents just filling their seats. You don't need to be even remotely close to the subject to guess that this is not how things go down in the real world with the real guys. Also this apparent lack of solid procedures or good judgment of any kind is in fact the main source of story meat for the series. You only needed a man with half a brain in the first episode going "wait just a second here". And BAM, no more series, we can carry one with our boring life.

The main two protagonists also seem to go all over the place in the wrong way. There is not even a single instance where Carrie comes off as brilliant agent, deserving of the badge. They try at some point to pull the "rainman" card on her but it comes out wrong, cheap and it gets even more confusing afterward, perpetually rising the question "why is she still around to blew interrogations and generally irritate everyone?". Brody shifts a lot between the omnipotent bad guy that lies at polygraph test like a breeze, lies and uses his family and the good guy with major problems after his 8 year ordeal at the hand of the enemy you should feel for. At the end of season 2 you have long decided that he is a jerk that could get written off at any point without loss.

BTW, where are his flashbacks from his time as POW? Gone before anything good came out of them. But in Homeland there are A LOT of this kind of roads that lead absolutely nowhere but end in disappointment.

But in the end what I particularly dislike is the missed opportunity. You have a very good concept, you have a very solid cast and then you hire what seems to be a crack writing team of fifth graders to fumble around and imagine plots and twists. A job well done sirs, cookies for everyone!

Don't believe the hype

Author: Steve Mitchell from United Kingdom
28 April 2012

I don't really know what all the fuss was about. I found the whole thing predictable and formulaic. Each episode was stretched out and meandered along so much that I never felt any tension whatsoever and the ending was, quite frankly, a major disappointment. Six hours could easily have been taken out without any damage to the plot or storyline and it would have been better served as a 4 part self-contained drama; you know, the kind of thing the BBC do really well. It was like a cross between "The Manchurian Candidate" and "The Day of the Jackal", but not as good as either. It's a shame because I like all three of the main actors. Claire Danes' bi-polar character was just another gimmicky cop/FBI agent/CIA agent/Detective that you've seen a thousand times before. I took a break from "Breaking Bad" (wich is anything but predictable and formulaic)to watch this and wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. I don't think I'll bother with the second series.

Bet on the wrong horse

Author: christian-h-e from United States
13 April 2017

Great show except how they bet on Hillary and wrote season six as if she had won and the Conservatives were the ones shouting "not my president" and coming up with the FAKE NEWS and the security services are hiding the TRUTH. LOL hilarious! Of course in reality the Dems are the ones screaming "not my president", focusing on fake Russia/Trump ties with zero evidence and Trump is the one fighting our intel bureaus who are manipulated by the Leftist propaganda and sock puppets.

So let down

Author: jessed-78914 from Portland, Oregon
14 April 2017

I've kept up with this series since its first episode. I can't tell you how let down I feel at this point. In this season the writing has become so frustratingly predictable I am finding myself anticipating things before they happen. They've started an episode and several scenes with lame plot turning monologues that seem super lazy to me. In previous seasons, particularly 1-3, writers wove its story through each episode in a very intriguing way. Now I feel I am being spoon fed plot turns like I've never seen the show, simply put the intelligence of this show has gone way down. Also, this season took some real liberal stabs at predicting the political scene that you can see had to be altered as it went on, not a great way to write in my opinion. Sadly, I won't be watching this show any longer.

Cast: Mandy Patinkin is quite literally the only reason I have held on this long. He is a classic and I hope he ends up with another starring role after this one ends.

Rupert Friend really showed his chops in this show, I love the seasons where he was a bad ass and the guy you counted on. I hated this seasons version of Peter Quinn and hate to see him go.

Claire Danes has been super hit and miss for me in this show. I don't blame her for this seasons short comings. I feel like shes done a good job with a plot that keeps changing.

Damian Lewis was the reason I started watching this show to begin with. He was awesome as Nicholas Brody and I miss his acting.

F. Murray Abraham- I love hating this bad good guy. He is a great actor and his character development over this series has been really good.

started out good,now its just getting stupid

Author: Floorman1 from United States
1 November 2016

the show started out okay,but after watching the show i am about to call it quits.this show has gotten so stupid and so far away from how anything is really done that its almost unbearable now.the blonde is turning into a total basket case who isn't concerned for anything but getting screwed again,she is so far from how a real agent would handle themselves that i cant stand it.,The guy is a complete and total pussy that calling his character a complete failure is a major compliment and now the family and kids have started acting stupid too...its like none of the characters in this movie have any sense at all,the F B I should be "upset" at how they are portrayed in this movie. i don't know how many times you have to click submit,but this is my 5th time.

Started out awesome but soon turned dull and boring

Author: mike_moor from London England
23 January 2017

The first couple of seasons were really good, enjoyable, gripping and you were always wondering what is about to happen next. When they removed Damian Lewis it all turned dull and boring.

This kind of genre in books, TV & movies is usually where really interesting things happen all the time which ads color to the story lines and characters. Sadly the creators, writers and actors of this show lost touch with reality on what is interesting and entertaining and so a really cool show has become a boring chore to watch.

This genre affords the writers to do cool and outrageous things but sadly they choose to bore the audience.