IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 33: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

So let down

Author: jessed-78914 from Portland, Oregon
14 April 2017

I've kept up with this series since its first episode. I can't tell you how let down I feel at this point. In this season the writing has become so frustratingly predictable I am finding myself anticipating things before they happen. They've started an episode and several scenes with lame plot turning monologues that seem super lazy to me. In previous seasons, particularly 1-3, writers wove its story through each episode in a very intriguing way. Now I feel I am being spoon fed plot turns like I've never seen the show, simply put the intelligence of this show has gone way down. Also, this season took some real liberal stabs at predicting the political scene that you can see had to be altered as it went on, not a great way to write in my opinion. Sadly, I won't be watching this show any longer.

Cast: Mandy Patinkin is quite literally the only reason I have held on this long. He is a classic and I hope he ends up with another starring role after this one ends.

Rupert Friend really showed his chops in this show, I love the seasons where he was a bad ass and the guy you counted on. I hated this seasons version of Peter Quinn and hate to see him go.

Claire Danes has been super hit and miss for me in this show. I don't blame her for this seasons short comings. I feel like shes done a good job with a plot that keeps changing.

Damian Lewis was the reason I started watching this show to begin with. He was awesome as Nicholas Brody and I miss his acting.

F. Murray Abraham- I love hating this bad good guy. He is a great actor and his character development over this series has been really good.

With Brody Lost the Direction Lost....

Author: prismatic_19 from Pakistan
29 November 2014

I have been a huge fan of "Homeland" and despite the fact that Homeland throughout its seasons have been depicting my home country (Pakistan) as a prehistoric barbaric state, i admired the twists and resilience of characters. But with Brody killed in Iran, it appears as if their is not much left in the show.

The direction in 4th season kind of blew my mind. I mean they could just fly in to Islamabad and shoot their episode, instead of creating a lame Islamabad somewhere in Washington's suburbs. Their are no rickshaws in Islamabad. The Washroom is not called Paakhana. Coffee House is not called "Chaiwalla". Their is no ISlamabad Bazaar in Islamabad. People don't use Urdu and neither understand it in Waziristan agency and thousands of other hilariously lame things. The Homeland team could do some research before airing this ill-crafted season. I am sorry but these are the facts.

The drone queen Miss Carrie gets out of her mind on the death of an American but she hardly gives a **** when she kills 40 tribal kids and women in a drone strikes... with such paradoxes i don't know what the homeland team want to prove.

The show this season has turned politically correct

Author: chaz716 from USA
3 April 2017

Since this season has turned politically correct in Season 6 it is a choir to watch... just finished ep.5 and I will not waste anymore time on this season, will skip the rest and hope the shows writers get their heads out of their asses and start writing better shows. Keep their political correctness out of the show and just get back to writing kickass seasons like the first 4 were.... aaahhhhh!!!

Don't these writers know Hillary lost and we are at war with radical Islam?

Author: jij98111 from United States
26 January 2017

They destroyed this show. From 10 to 1 in a single season. I guess the left wing Hollywood elite writers delusionally believe the 9/11 terrorists have a point and that our new President, who wants to protect the US, is a fascist islamophobe for having those goals. Sad. I will watch a few more episodes ... for laughs. And to see how far over the top the Hollywood elite writers have gone. Don't they know that when they hold their insular 'award' ceremonies there are garbage trucks all around and guards with sub-machine guns to protect them from radical Islamist bombers so we don't have another Paris or repeats of the carnage happening worldwide in the name of Islam. Lets see what else is happening here: Apparently George Soros (a billionaire radical lunatic in his eighties) has a role in this show as the young dynamic billionaire heroic NGO funder who is saving the world from fascists. Hollywood doesn't get it. I will stop watching after a few more episodes to first hand see how delusional Hollywood really is. Another thought. Hillary, the 'hero' in this show, is now presented as having nothing to do with the current ME disaster ... after her party had eight years in power! Pure Hollywood revisionist fiction! And we have now learned (from the writers of course) that the crazy 'Iran deal' is really 'working' (in the delusional minds of the Hollywood elite). As a side thought, I was glad to learn from the silly plot hack telling us how easily NSA can get everyone's phone conversations that NSA must surely have all of Hillary's missing emails ... but is hiding them from us! Update: I am having a grand time updating this post since the writers are so pathetic. Double SAD. Some other observations: I see Hillary getting 'even' with Barack by using a Barack lookalike as her flunky (but still defending their 'Iran deal', of course, as their ME disaster becomes clearer daily in real life). I see Steve Bannon also has a role, as a portrayed right wing nut job commentator (as seen through the demented eyes of drug addled Malibu/Hollywood writers) Also, no spoiler need here since this is a prediction: It looks like all radical Islamic terror in the US will now be blamed on Republicans (Bannon and Trump perhaps?) who of course, so the script goes, are the real perpetrators of terror and who are trying to undermine President Hillary and Carrie will now save Hillary and the US from them! Is this a prelude to the left wing coup fantasies of Hollywood since Carrie will now fight our own military/cia insiders (the 'real' terrorists)? Maybe the writers thought they were encouraging/predicting the alternative future they want?

Ridiculous!!! Producers should apologies to Lebanese people!

Author: chadys from Beirut
17 October 2012

I watched the first season of Homeland and I absolutely loved it. Couldn't wait to start the second season, but unfortunately, it started in Beirut! The scenes that the producers are projecting about Beirut is absolutely ridiculous!! It's far from the truth and makes me sick to even see our beloved capital portrayed in this disgusting manner ! It was misrepresentation at its most outrageous!!!

"The cars were those ancient and ropy Mercedes from central casting, but the reality is that there are probably more Porsche Cayennes per capita in Beirut than there are in Stuttgart.

Beirut airport looked like it was teleported to El Salvador, while the CIA's Carrie Mathison, played by Claire Danes, felt compelled to wear a hijab.

Yes, all the clichés were rolled out to ensure that Lebanon was portrayed as a hostile, western-hating and conservative Arab country. Why? Because that was the vibe the show's producers wanted."

The producers of the show should issue an official apology to Lebanon and its people for tarnishing the image of our capital! !

Hamra street is one of the main bloodlines of Beirut, full of restaurants, pubs and nightclubs, probably more than times square or union square. Terrorists don't run around shooting people and meeting hezbollah in the middle of Hamra street, portrayed as one small alley with very old peugeot cars parkes sideways. it's a shame producers don't spend a little more time researching a place before tarnishing the image of a country, just like that...

It just gets slower and slower

Author: Pughnichi
6 February 2017

In short. Watch season 1 & 2, but quit whilst you're ahead.

It just continues to get slower and slower to the point whereby at season 6, I'm so frustrated each time an episode ends with nothing really of any substance that makes me want to watch more.

I'm 3, maybe 4 episodes in to the latest series and quite frankly, won't be tuning in next week.

Even the characters have become annoying and the acting much worse. Carrie has a constant worried look slapped across her face, Quinn is a mess and even Sol (who i used to really like) is a bit wet behind the ears.

I do get the sens its all building up to something...it just needs to get their quicker....Season 6 = epic fail.

5 stars based on a great 1st and second series.

regarding the third season finale

Author: michaela_endomela from Israel
16 December 2013

I can't believe Brody's dead! I shouldn't watch the season, it was bad and wrecked the first 2 seasons. Without Brody the show isn't interesting. something is missing and that's him. Brody was the one that made the show good. Every episode I waited for his scenes with Carrie, that were the best. Claire Danes is excellent but she's like the mind in Homeland. Brody is (or was) the soul. and now he's missing... I need to write 10 lines minimum to get published but I think I made my point. It was a depressing ending and I think that there aren't any reasons to watch the show anymore. A big disappointment.

Interesting concept destroyed by very weak writing

Author: userseven from Bucharest, Romania
12 September 2013

What is wrong with this picture? The organization and the ALL operatives are portrayed as utter incompetents just filling their seats. You don't need to be even remotely close to the subject to guess that this is not how things go down in the real world with the real guys. Also this apparent lack of solid procedures or good judgment of any kind is in fact the main source of story meat for the series. You only needed a man with half a brain in the first episode going "wait just a second here". And BAM, no more series, we can carry one with our boring life.

The main two protagonists also seem to go all over the place in the wrong way. There is not even a single instance where Carrie comes off as brilliant agent, deserving of the badge. They try at some point to pull the "rainman" card on her but it comes out wrong, cheap and it gets even more confusing afterward, perpetually rising the question "why is she still around to blew interrogations and generally irritate everyone?". Brody shifts a lot between the omnipotent bad guy that lies at polygraph test like a breeze, lies and uses his family and the good guy with major problems after his 8 year ordeal at the hand of the enemy you should feel for. At the end of season 2 you have long decided that he is a jerk that could get written off at any point without loss.

BTW, where are his flashbacks from his time as POW? Gone before anything good came out of them. But in Homeland there are A LOT of this kind of roads that lead absolutely nowhere but end in disappointment.

But in the end what I particularly dislike is the missed opportunity. You have a very good concept, you have a very solid cast and then you hire what seems to be a crack writing team of fifth graders to fumble around and imagine plots and twists. A job well done sirs, cookies for everyone!

Don't believe the hype

Author: Steve Mitchell from United Kingdom
28 April 2012

I don't really know what all the fuss was about. I found the whole thing predictable and formulaic. Each episode was stretched out and meandered along so much that I never felt any tension whatsoever and the ending was, quite frankly, a major disappointment. Six hours could easily have been taken out without any damage to the plot or storyline and it would have been better served as a 4 part self-contained drama; you know, the kind of thing the BBC do really well. It was like a cross between "The Manchurian Candidate" and "The Day of the Jackal", but not as good as either. It's a shame because I like all three of the main actors. Claire Danes' bi-polar character was just another gimmicky cop/FBI agent/CIA agent/Detective that you've seen a thousand times before. I took a break from "Breaking Bad" (wich is anything but predictable and formulaic)to watch this and wish I hadn't wasted my time on it. I don't think I'll bother with the second series.

started out good,now its just getting stupid

Author: Floorman1 from United States
1 November 2016

the show started out okay,but after watching the show i am about to call it quits.this show has gotten so stupid and so far away from how anything is really done that its almost unbearable now.the blonde is turning into a total basket case who isn't concerned for anything but getting screwed again,she is so far from how a real agent would handle themselves that i cant stand it.,The guy is a complete and total pussy that calling his character a complete failure is a major compliment and now the family and kids have started acting stupid too...its like none of the characters in this movie have any sense at all,the F B I should be "upset" at how they are portrayed in this movie. i don't know how many times you have to click submit,but this is my 5th time.