IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 33: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Its horrible

Author: (octahexx) from Sweden
8 October 2013

Have you ever been to a super-mall and run into a kid screaming and kicking pouting its lip with tears and snot flying everywhere to get what it wants?

Imagine that kid growing up unaltered and you have the main character Carrie.

The plot is linear and flat. The characters are cardboard 2d flat. The environment is uninteresting.

The good guys is Americas homeland security that consist of cellphones 2 random guys in swat gear and some backdrop characters who never gets to do anything other then make Carrie cry make her underlip shiver and push snot out with the tears flying.

They are all bumbling idiots unable to tie their own shoe laces. The biggest most advanced monitoring and security machine ever made in the human history is ignored.

There is no monitoring software,no satellites no helicopters no nothing. Just a handful of idiots with cellphones. Im actually surprised they didn't use steam engine trains or bicycles but was allowed to use cars!

The opposing side that comes from countries filled with sand and don't have running water or schools or hospitals or basically anything but sand and goat herders and poverty on the other hand can execute flawless plans under the nose of the biggest most well-funded paranoid military complex in the world.

The actors are not bad its not their fault,its how the show is written.

I have never ever hated a character from a TV show so much as Carrie.

If you can tie your own shoelaces and count to potato i honestly think this show is beneath you and would recommend The bridge instead that at least tries to develop characters and some kind of a plot.

I couldn't wait for it to end

Author: jerseyjoea from United States
11 April 2017

This was one of my favorite shows the first 3 seasons than it went downhill. When you didn't think it could get any worse it did, big time.It's turning into "The Man in high castle" I think it's time to bale on this. So many shows start off good and than take a bad turn along the way.

Not going to watch season 6 any time soon.

Author: macdeutsche
30 December 2016

I wouldn't be watching season 6 anytime soon. Season 4 was disappointing, but realistic. It's not always win for the US, I get it. Sometimes there are complicated political situations, and that may win in the conflict. OK, not great, but I understand. Biggest drawback was she slept with Aayan to gain confidence/intelligence. This is Brody all over again, and in my mind, it's even lower than Brody. There is something very wrong in intelligence if female officer has to mix her body with terrorists to gain information. What's the matter with this girl? It was so ridiculous, from that moment, I stopped watching Showtime all together. Took 1 year to watch this again. (and showtime was free)

Season 5 was fun, but again filled with plot holes. Carrie is a sec head for the humanitarian organization that works against intelligence, but at the same time, virtually CIA agent. This is too much of conflict, and this can't never work out in reality.

But she got some help from Otto. Who by the way should have suffered extremely at the end, if your organization helped releasing prisoners who were suspicious of terrors, and those prisoners brought truck load of sarin gas to Berlin train station. I don't see any organization would survive after this, even if the attempt was spoiled by your employee (Carrie). Not to mention, if your grandfather was Nazi, you wouldn't have such a big 'foundation' who can pay 10 billions in war zone, to begin with.

The story line with this guy and boyfriend is too flat and it has no content whatsoever. They are used to fill time and extremely boring. What's the point of them showing up in the show? What do they add in the complex spy game? Otto proposing in the end... man... these people shouldn't be allowed to write the show at all.

Anyway, it looks like season 6 will continue Carrie as 'humanitarian' who feel guilty a lot about her past but essentially work like CIA agent without any boss, so that she can do whatever and wherever she likes to do and roam. I can tolerate her crying, child like chin movement. But I hate slowing down. I am pretty sure it will have so many distractions and this slows down. So for me, it's no go.

Don't these writers know Hillary lost and we are at war with radical Islam?

Author: jij98111 from United States
26 January 2017

They destroyed this show. From 10 to 1 in a single season. I guess the left wing Hollywood elite writers delusionally believe the 9/11 terrorists have a point and that our new President, who wants to protect the US, is a fascist islamophobe for having those goals. Sad. I will watch a few more episodes ... for laughs. And to see how far over the top the Hollywood elite writers have gone. Don't they know that when they hold their insular 'award' ceremonies there are garbage trucks all around and guards with sub-machine guns to protect them from radical Islamist bombers so we don't have another Paris or repeats of the carnage happening worldwide in the name of Islam. Lets see what else is happening here: Apparently George Soros (a billionaire radical lunatic in his eighties) has a role in this show as the young dynamic billionaire heroic NGO funder who is saving the world from fascists. Hollywood doesn't get it. I will stop watching after a few more episodes to first hand see how delusional Hollywood really is. Another thought. Hillary, the 'hero' in this show, is now presented as having nothing to do with the current ME disaster ... after her party had eight years in power! Pure Hollywood revisionist fiction! And we have now learned (from the writers of course) that the crazy 'Iran deal' is really 'working' (in the delusional minds of the Hollywood elite). As a side thought, I was glad to learn from the silly plot hack telling us how easily NSA can get everyone's phone conversations that NSA must surely have all of Hillary's missing emails ... but is hiding them from us! Update: I am having a grand time updating this post since the writers are so pathetic. Double SAD. Some other observations: I see Hillary getting 'even' with Barack by using a Barack lookalike as her flunky (but still defending their 'Iran deal', of course, as their ME disaster becomes clearer daily in real life). I see Steve Bannon also has a role, as a portrayed right wing nut job commentator (as seen through the demented eyes of drug addled Malibu/Hollywood writers) Also, no spoiler need here since this is a prediction: It looks like all radical Islamic terror in the US will now be blamed on Republicans (Bannon and Trump perhaps?) who of course, so the script goes, are the real perpetrators of terror and who are trying to undermine President Hillary and Carrie will now save Hillary and the US from them! Is this a prelude to the left wing coup fantasies of Hollywood since Carrie will now fight our own military/cia insiders (the 'real' terrorists)? Maybe the writers thought they were encouraging/predicting the alternative future they want?

Stupid

Author: daimon-193-511685
22 December 2014

Its been said in other reviews in more detail, but I just saw the last episode of season four and I just had to throw my 2 cents in (what the episode was worth): my God this show has become stupid. Its taken me a couple of seasons of yelling at the TV, but finally, I'm done. Hey, maybe I'm the stupid one for watching this long. OMG, when Carrie's mother told her that the guy at her house was her brother, I half expected a dramatic pause and some soap opera music to play. Truth be told, the whole season was replete with unbelievable scenarios. The head of the CIA and the former head of said organization together in Islamabad at the same time with the craziest most unbalanced station Chief possible. Really! I forgave all the plot holes initially because it was an interesting premise and had a good start; but four seasons of these holes. I will not watch next season. I just don't think I can watch Carrie's chin quiver on the verge of tears four times an episode again.

Ridiculous!!! Producers should apologies to Lebanese people!

Author: chadys from Beirut
17 October 2012

I watched the first season of Homeland and I absolutely loved it. Couldn't wait to start the second season, but unfortunately, it started in Beirut! The scenes that the producers are projecting about Beirut is absolutely ridiculous!! It's far from the truth and makes me sick to even see our beloved capital portrayed in this disgusting manner ! It was misrepresentation at its most outrageous!!!

"The cars were those ancient and ropy Mercedes from central casting, but the reality is that there are probably more Porsche Cayennes per capita in Beirut than there are in Stuttgart.

Beirut airport looked like it was teleported to El Salvador, while the CIA's Carrie Mathison, played by Claire Danes, felt compelled to wear a hijab.

Yes, all the clichés were rolled out to ensure that Lebanon was portrayed as a hostile, western-hating and conservative Arab country. Why? Because that was the vibe the show's producers wanted."

The producers of the show should issue an official apology to Lebanon and its people for tarnishing the image of our capital! !

Hamra street is one of the main bloodlines of Beirut, full of restaurants, pubs and nightclubs, probably more than times square or union square. Terrorists don't run around shooting people and meeting hezbollah in the middle of Hamra street, portrayed as one small alley with very old peugeot cars parkes sideways. it's a shame producers don't spend a little more time researching a place before tarnishing the image of a country, just like that...

Bet on the wrong horse

Author: christian-h-e from United States
13 April 2017

Great show except how they bet on Hillary and wrote season six as if she had won and the Conservatives were the ones shouting "not my president" and coming up with the FAKE NEWS and the security services are hiding the TRUTH. LOL hilarious! Of course in reality the Dems are the ones screaming "not my president", focusing on fake Russia/Trump ties with zero evidence and Trump is the one fighting our intel bureaus who are manipulated by the Leftist propaganda and sock puppets.

So let down

Author: jessed-78914 from Portland, Oregon
14 April 2017

I've kept up with this series since its first episode. I can't tell you how let down I feel at this point. In this season the writing has become so frustratingly predictable I am finding myself anticipating things before they happen. They've started an episode and several scenes with lame plot turning monologues that seem super lazy to me. In previous seasons, particularly 1-3, writers wove its story through each episode in a very intriguing way. Now I feel I am being spoon fed plot turns like I've never seen the show, simply put the intelligence of this show has gone way down. Also, this season took some real liberal stabs at predicting the political scene that you can see had to be altered as it went on, not a great way to write in my opinion. Sadly, I won't be watching this show any longer.

Cast: Mandy Patinkin is quite literally the only reason I have held on this long. He is a classic and I hope he ends up with another starring role after this one ends.

Rupert Friend really showed his chops in this show, I love the seasons where he was a bad ass and the guy you counted on. I hated this seasons version of Peter Quinn and hate to see him go.

Claire Danes has been super hit and miss for me in this show. I don't blame her for this seasons short comings. I feel like shes done a good job with a plot that keeps changing.

Damian Lewis was the reason I started watching this show to begin with. He was awesome as Nicholas Brody and I miss his acting.

F. Murray Abraham- I love hating this bad good guy. He is a great actor and his character development over this series has been really good.

With Brody Lost the Direction Lost....

Author: prismatic_19 from Pakistan
29 November 2014

I have been a huge fan of "Homeland" and despite the fact that Homeland throughout its seasons have been depicting my home country (Pakistan) as a prehistoric barbaric state, i admired the twists and resilience of characters. But with Brody killed in Iran, it appears as if their is not much left in the show.

The direction in 4th season kind of blew my mind. I mean they could just fly in to Islamabad and shoot their episode, instead of creating a lame Islamabad somewhere in Washington's suburbs. Their are no rickshaws in Islamabad. The Washroom is not called Paakhana. Coffee House is not called "Chaiwalla". Their is no ISlamabad Bazaar in Islamabad. People don't use Urdu and neither understand it in Waziristan agency and thousands of other hilariously lame things. The Homeland team could do some research before airing this ill-crafted season. I am sorry but these are the facts.

The drone queen Miss Carrie gets out of her mind on the death of an American but she hardly gives a **** when she kills 40 tribal kids and women in a drone strikes... with such paradoxes i don't know what the homeland team want to prove.

The show this season has turned politically correct

Author: chaz716 from USA
3 April 2017

Since this season has turned politically correct in Season 6 it is a choir to watch... just finished ep.5 and I will not waste anymore time on this season, will skip the rest and hope the shows writers get their heads out of their asses and start writing better shows. Keep their political correctness out of the show and just get back to writing kickass seasons like the first 4 were.... aaahhhhh!!!