IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 30: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Homeland. H for Horrible.

Author: adriaan_ten_bosch from Netherlands
13 January 2015

What a piece of Cr*p this first season. All fake and not one single moment makes you happy. Not once you get the feeling the CIA is actually on to something or making a difference. The series makes you follow Carrie Mathison, the main character. The series is constructed so you identify with her and you want her to succeed. This happens NOT ONCE. throughout the episodes, Carrie gets very close to solving the problems but nobody in the CIA believes her. This is idiotic. its the CIA's f####g job to investigate the things Carrie comes up with but still everybody thinks she's crazy. and NO, its wont get better and NO, things won't solve itself in the last episode. In the end, everything becomes even more fake and the season leaves you empty-handed and unsatisfied. 12hrs of my life wasted on this B*LLCR*P.

A good political thriller filled with action and suspense..

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
17 October 2014

Homeland is now in its 4th season. The first 3 was all about a young female CIA operations officer, with lots of personal issues, trying to prove that a rescued, longtime captured, hero U.S. soldier is a traitor, and the aftermath of that pursue.

Lots of tension, double-crossings, lies, manipulations and unexpected events happened in these 3 seasons. The realistic depiction of the shady world of CIA and global terrorism made this series to conquer almost universal acclaim.

The end of this cycle is absolute and concluded with the finale of the 3rd season.

In the 4th season the scenery changes but as far as I watched the same high values of the show still standing.

Overall: Recommended.

Worst show I have ever seen.

Author: Ballzdeeper from United States
23 August 2013

Complete garbage...

Completely unrealistic. (do all of our soldiers turn into terrorists over collateral damage? Don't think so.) would the CIA hire a psycho and not know it? Definitely not. Their background checks are quite thorough.

Terrible plot holes. "i know Brody did it... I counted his ammo" but the writers are too dumb to remember that we have already seen him use more than the ammo they show missing.

If that wasn't enough, Claire Danes wriggling chin, big fat lips contorting into disgusting faces and her maniacal screaming episode after episode make this show completely unwatchable.

The industry is clearly a joke, because the only award this show should win is a cancellation.

Brilliant work! Catchy and deep. Can't wait to see more.

Author: Marek P from United States
17 September 2011

The cast looks like it connects very well. Story as of episode 1 is very interesting, dark, and open to many different ways to keep it going. There is one main story throughout the episode, but with many side stories that seem to start of a little slowly. It gets you wondering and trying to connect the dots every minute of the show. It's like the TV series "Life", but without the funny part and in with good drama. To be more specific it reminds me a little bit of Bourne Trilogy but twisted a little bit. Much recommended to anyone between 18-30 years of age or anyone who likes to watch media about CIA work. Not a lot of action just yet, but it is cooking up to be a good one.

Ridiculous!!! Producers should apologies to Lebanese people!

Author: chadys from Beirut
17 October 2012

I watched the first season of Homeland and I absolutely loved it. Couldn't wait to start the second season, but unfortunately, it started in Beirut! The scenes that the producers are projecting about Beirut is absolutely ridiculous!! It's far from the truth and makes me sick to even see our beloved capital portrayed in this disgusting manner ! It was misrepresentation at its most outrageous!!!

"The cars were those ancient and ropy Mercedes from central casting, but the reality is that there are probably more Porsche Cayennes per capita in Beirut than there are in Stuttgart.

Beirut airport looked like it was teleported to El Salvador, while the CIA's Carrie Mathison, played by Claire Danes, felt compelled to wear a hijab.

Yes, all the clichés were rolled out to ensure that Lebanon was portrayed as a hostile, western-hating and conservative Arab country. Why? Because that was the vibe the show's producers wanted."

The producers of the show should issue an official apology to Lebanon and its people for tarnishing the image of our capital! !

Hamra street is one of the main bloodlines of Beirut, full of restaurants, pubs and nightclubs, probably more than times square or union square. Terrorists don't run around shooting people and meeting hezbollah in the middle of Hamra street, portrayed as one small alley with very old peugeot cars parkes sideways. it's a shame producers don't spend a little more time researching a place before tarnishing the image of a country, just like that...

From Sixty to Zero in 4.5 Episodes (or Less)

Author: jon-890-677060 from United States
18 January 2017

Not only did the producers of 'Homeland' count their preverbal chickens before hatching this season, but they were apparently able, to summon Johnny Carson's alter ego, 'Carnac The Magnificent', in an effort to have early access to the 2016 Presidential Election ballot-count. Curious what it must have been like for the show's executive producers, once they collectively realized that, any & all efforts to second guess America's next president were all done in vein? Well, Hillary Clinton lost her bid to be president, and in the process exposed the show's now obvious political leanings, which btw make the Tower of Pisa appear spot-on level. So, at the end of the day, Showtime will have taken a sure-fire hit series & in a matter of weeks, alienated the overwhelming majority of its audience (all in the name of political correctness). The verdict still remains out, if the show will attempt to demonize Donald Trump and/or leverage the false narrative that, his (Trump's) path to the White House was paved, by those rascally-rabbit-hacking Russians. Hollywood need refrain from politics and vice versa, for the betterment of all mankind.

Its horrible

Author: (octahexx) from Sweden
8 October 2013

Have you ever been to a super-mall and run into a kid screaming and kicking pouting its lip with tears and snot flying everywhere to get what it wants?

Imagine that kid growing up unaltered and you have the main character Carrie.

The plot is linear and flat. The characters are cardboard 2d flat. The environment is uninteresting.

The good guys is Americas homeland security that consist of cellphones 2 random guys in swat gear and some backdrop characters who never gets to do anything other then make Carrie cry make her underlip shiver and push snot out with the tears flying.

They are all bumbling idiots unable to tie their own shoe laces. The biggest most advanced monitoring and security machine ever made in the human history is ignored.

There is no monitoring software,no satellites no helicopters no nothing. Just a handful of idiots with cellphones. Im actually surprised they didn't use steam engine trains or bicycles but was allowed to use cars!

The opposing side that comes from countries filled with sand and don't have running water or schools or hospitals or basically anything but sand and goat herders and poverty on the other hand can execute flawless plans under the nose of the biggest most well-funded paranoid military complex in the world.

The actors are not bad its not their fault,its how the show is written.

I have never ever hated a character from a TV show so much as Carrie.

If you can tie your own shoelaces and count to potato i honestly think this show is beneath you and would recommend The bridge instead that at least tries to develop characters and some kind of a plot.

Not going to watch season 6 any time soon.

Author: macdeutsche
30 December 2016

I wouldn't be watching season 6 anytime soon. Season 4 was disappointing, but realistic. It's not always win for the US, I get it. Sometimes there are complicated political situations, and that may win in the conflict. OK, not great, but I understand. Biggest drawback was she slept with Aayan to gain confidence/intelligence. This is Brody all over again, and in my mind, it's even lower than Brody. There is something very wrong in intelligence if female officer has to mix her body with terrorists to gain information. What's the matter with this girl? It was so ridiculous, from that moment, I stopped watching Showtime all together. Took 1 year to watch this again. (and showtime was free)

Season 5 was fun, but again filled with plot holes. Carrie is a sec head for the humanitarian organization that works against intelligence, but at the same time, virtually CIA agent. This is too much of conflict, and this can't never work out in reality.

But she got some help from Otto. Who by the way should have suffered extremely at the end, if your organization helped releasing prisoners who were suspicious of terrors, and those prisoners brought truck load of sarin gas to Berlin train station. I don't see any organization would survive after this, even if the attempt was spoiled by your employee (Carrie). Not to mention, if your grandfather was Nazi, you wouldn't have such a big 'foundation' who can pay 10 billions in war zone, to begin with.

The story line with this guy and boyfriend is too flat and it has no content whatsoever. They are used to fill time and extremely boring. What's the point of them showing up in the show? What do they add in the complex spy game? Otto proposing in the end... man... these people shouldn't be allowed to write the show at all.

Anyway, it looks like season 6 will continue Carrie as 'humanitarian' who feel guilty a lot about her past but essentially work like CIA agent without any boss, so that she can do whatever and wherever she likes to do and roam. I can tolerate her crying, child like chin movement. But I hate slowing down. I am pretty sure it will have so many distractions and this slows down. So for me, it's no go.

Don't these writers know Hillary lost and we are at war with radical Islam?

Author: jij98111 from United States
26 January 2017

They destroyed this show. From 10 to 1 in a single season. I guess the left wing Hollywood elite writers delusionally believe the 9/11 terrorists have a point and that our new President, who wants to protect the US, is a fascist islamophobe for having those goals. Sad. I will watch a few more episodes ... for laughs. And to see how far over the top the Hollywood elite writers have gone. Don't they know that when they hold their insular 'award' ceremonies there are garbage trucks all around and guards with sub-machine guns to protect them from radical Islamist bombers so we don't have another Paris or repeats of the carnage happening worldwide in the name of Islam. Lets see what else is happening here: Apparently George Soros (a billionaire radical lunatic in his eighties) has a role in this show as the young dynamic billionaire heroic NGO funder who is saving the world from fascists. Hollywood doesn't get it. I will stop watching after a few more episodes to first hand see how delusional Hollywood really is. Another thought. Hillary, the 'hero' in this show, is now presented as having nothing to do with the current ME disaster ... after her party had eight years in power! Pure Hollywood revisionist fiction! And we have now learned (from the writers of course) that the crazy 'Iran deal' is really 'working' (in the delusional minds of the Hollywood elite). As a side thought, I was glad to learn from the silly plot hack telling us how easily NSA can get everyone's phone conversations that NSA must surely have all of Hillary's missing emails ... but is hiding them from us! Update: I am having a grand time updating this post since the writers are so pathetic. Double SAD. Some other observations: I see Hillary getting 'even' with Barack by using a Barack lookalike as her flunky (but still defending their 'Iran deal', of course, as their ME disaster becomes clearer daily in real life). I see Steve Bannon also has a role, as a portrayed right wing nut job commentator (as seen through the demented eyes of drug addled Malibu/Hollywood writers) Also, no spoiler need here since this is a prediction: It looks like all radical Islamic terror in the US will now be blamed on Republicans (Bannon and Trump perhaps?) who of course, so the script goes, are the real perpetrators of terror and who are trying to undermine President Hillary and Carrie will now save Hillary and the US from them! Is this a prelude to the left wing coup fantasies of Hollywood since Carrie will now fight our own military/cia insiders (the 'real' terrorists)? Maybe the writers thought they were encouraging/predicting the alternative future they want?

Homeland you were so perfect and you had to go super left liberal on us.

Author: airsnob from Boston MA
25 January 2017

I loved Homeland. I fell in love with Carrie. Claire Danes played her so well. She should have gotten an Emmy for every season. Amazing performances all around really. The actors here are wonderful .. if you're an actor this is a great show to study. I binge watched the first five seasons. But I had heard that this show got a lot of flack from Muslims.. complaining . Even though they had no reason to, ever. First, Homeland added a really nice Muslim girl who worked for the CIA. OK, I can deal with that. Even though, I don't think any Muslims should work for the CIA. But then homeland just went totally wacko. Carrie our hero, our love, decided she doesn't want to work for the CIA anymore. What?!? I mean, that's why we love her, right? We don't want Carrie to drastically change .. she was perfect . Her being in the CIA is such a huge part of the show.. part of her character. Like what were they thinking ?!? So now she works - get this/ for some left liberal organization with really horribly irritating characters that think every government is awful and all Muslims are prosecuted and you know the type.. the polar opposite of what we originally tuned in for.. that got on my nerves extremely but the writing and plots were still good even though now... the CIA is the bad guys! Which really gets on my nerves too. So now that I am for sure that for the next two seasons Carrie isn't back in the CIA, I will not be watching. I just wont. I'm sorry, but as much as I love this show, they totally ruined some major reasons why I loved it. And to take this show in particular and switch it around .. so drastically the plot points that the show is rooted in, I mean, were not even watching Homeland anymore. We might as well tune into some Islamic propaganda or conspiracy theorist blog. I got really angry at showtime for buying into the protests. Cant we do anything anymore that isn't politically correct ? That tells the truth ? Who cares if people get offended by the truth. Its people like this and people that give in to that pressure that got Trump elected. So bye bye Homeland. Carrie was rad. Now she is stupid. Now she is someone I don't wanna know.