IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Homeland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Homeland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 26: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Brilliant work! Catchy and deep. Can't wait to see more.

Author: Marek P from United States
17 September 2011

The cast looks like it connects very well. Story as of episode 1 is very interesting, dark, and open to many different ways to keep it going. There is one main story throughout the episode, but with many side stories that seem to start of a little slowly. It gets you wondering and trying to connect the dots every minute of the show. It's like the TV series "Life", but without the funny part and in with good drama. To be more specific it reminds me a little bit of Bourne Trilogy but twisted a little bit. Much recommended to anyone between 18-30 years of age or anyone who likes to watch media about CIA work. Not a lot of action just yet, but it is cooking up to be a good one.

Excellent!

Author: The Couchpotatoes from Belgium
17 February 2015

It goes beyond my comprehension that people hate this show. They must all be American brainwashed patriots. Seriously get over it, it's just a show and it's a good one. I absolutely love this show, the actors are all very believable in their roles, the storyline is exceptional, full of twists that keeps you on the edge of your seat during the whole show. At the end of every episode I already want to watch the next one as soon as possible. Everything that you think happens in real life when you think about CIA, espionage, terrorists and so on passes the register. Conspiracies, paranoia, double-crossing, betrayal, false promises etc. Clair Danes puts down a brilliant performance playing an unstable CIA analyst. To me the whole series is full of action and suspense. One of the best series!

Worst show I have ever seen.

Author: Ballzdeeper from United States
23 August 2013

Complete garbage...

Completely unrealistic. (do all of our soldiers turn into terrorists over collateral damage? Don't think so.) would the CIA hire a psycho and not know it? Definitely not. Their background checks are quite thorough.

Terrible plot holes. "i know Brody did it... I counted his ammo" but the writers are too dumb to remember that we have already seen him use more than the ammo they show missing.

If that wasn't enough, Claire Danes wriggling chin, big fat lips contorting into disgusting faces and her maniacal screaming episode after episode make this show completely unwatchable.

The industry is clearly a joke, because the only award this show should win is a cancellation.

A good political thriller filled with action and suspense..

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
17 October 2014

Homeland is now in its 4th season. The first 3 was all about a young female CIA operations officer, with lots of personal issues, trying to prove that a rescued, longtime captured, hero U.S. soldier is a traitor, and the aftermath of that pursue.

Lots of tension, double-crossings, lies, manipulations and unexpected events happened in these 3 seasons. The realistic depiction of the shady world of CIA and global terrorism made this series to conquer almost universal acclaim.

The end of this cycle is absolute and concluded with the finale of the 3rd season.

In the 4th season the scenery changes but as far as I watched the same high values of the show still standing.

Overall: Recommended.

Stupid

Author: daimon-193-511685
22 December 2014

Its been said in other reviews in more detail, but I just saw the last episode of season four and I just had to throw my 2 cents in (what the episode was worth): my God this show has become stupid. Its taken me a couple of seasons of yelling at the TV, but finally, I'm done. Hey, maybe I'm the stupid one for watching this long. OMG, when Carrie's mother told her that the guy at her house was her brother, I half expected a dramatic pause and some soap opera music to play. Truth be told, the whole season was replete with unbelievable scenarios. The head of the CIA and the former head of said organization together in Islamabad at the same time with the craziest most unbalanced station Chief possible. Really! I forgave all the plot holes initially because it was an interesting premise and had a good start; but four seasons of these holes. I will not watch next season. I just don't think I can watch Carrie's chin quiver on the verge of tears four times an episode again.

Great show. Season 4 has some factual drawbacks

Author: Imtiaz P from Pakistan
23 March 2015

Season 4 of Homeland lives up to the riveting suspense it started with in the first season. The theme of prisoners of war developing affinity and empathy with their captors/enemy (Stockholm syndrome?) is cleverly reinvented in a new war zone; from Israel/Arab conflict to Taliban versus the West/CIA. This is where the otherwise impressive show is marred by details.

The locations, particularly Islamabad/Pakistan; most of the cast playing Afghan and Pakistani roles; local languages their accents and translations; appearances, costumes and uniforms; streets and signboards; and other depictions of the local culture leave a wide credibility gap and unwelcome distractions.

For example, a condolence from English to Urdu is translated as 'I apologize instead of: I am sorry.' Similar errors are many where the diction and syntax are alien to the region the characters are supposed to represent.

Another misrepresentation of cultural norms is a long embrace between a man and woman on the roof of a house in daylight and full view of the neighborhood. Haqqani's, a Taliban leader, return home and touching his wife in front of a crowd is another taboo which seeped through.

Except for few, most of the names given to characters are neither Pakistani nor Afghan. Islamabad street scenes, vehicles on the road and the surrounding landscape do not represent the original locale.

Not that I am going to stop watching rest of the show, but I do wish more attention was given to the above mentioned aspects of production.

Cheap background work

Author: kainuvainu from Boca Raton
15 July 2014

In this production there is no separation between Shia Muslims and Sunni Muslims. Al Gaida is a Sunni terrorist organization that would never be able to operate in Shia Muslim country.

Of course some shia countries support another form of terrorism e.g. Hizbollah. These two sects would never be able to unite there operations.

Why does this series shows such a simplified version of reality to American youth. It is a frightening future view if a tea party presidential candidate with Sarah Palin's expertize of foreign countries should run for the office and drag the U.S. again to a row of senseless wars.

However, it depends whether Chinese are willing to finance the U.S. military campaigns in the future.

Ridiculous!!! Producers should apologies to Lebanese people!

Author: chadys from Beirut
17 October 2012

I watched the first season of Homeland and I absolutely loved it. Couldn't wait to start the second season, but unfortunately, it started in Beirut! The scenes that the producers are projecting about Beirut is absolutely ridiculous!! It's far from the truth and makes me sick to even see our beloved capital portrayed in this disgusting manner ! It was misrepresentation at its most outrageous!!!

"The cars were those ancient and ropy Mercedes from central casting, but the reality is that there are probably more Porsche Cayennes per capita in Beirut than there are in Stuttgart.

Beirut airport looked like it was teleported to El Salvador, while the CIA's Carrie Mathison, played by Claire Danes, felt compelled to wear a hijab.

Yes, all the clichés were rolled out to ensure that Lebanon was portrayed as a hostile, western-hating and conservative Arab country. Why? Because that was the vibe the show's producers wanted."

The producers of the show should issue an official apology to Lebanon and its people for tarnishing the image of our capital! !

Hamra street is one of the main bloodlines of Beirut, full of restaurants, pubs and nightclubs, probably more than times square or union square. Terrorists don't run around shooting people and meeting hezbollah in the middle of Hamra street, portrayed as one small alley with very old peugeot cars parkes sideways. it's a shame producers don't spend a little more time researching a place before tarnishing the image of a country, just like that...

Most Pathetic Season by ShowTime

Author: topgun634 from US
11 February 2015

Season 4 was the most pathetic. the writer and director should at least think what fabricated tales they have been forecasting. It has hurt the sentiments of local populace in Pakistan. The series should be immediately banned. Season 4 was the most pathetic. the writer and director should at least think what fabricated tales they have been forecasting. It has hurt the sentiments of local populace in Pakistan. The series should be immediately banned. Season 4 was the most pathetic. the writer and director should at least think what fabricated tales they have been forecasting. It has hurt the sentiments of local populace in Pakistan. The series should be immediately banned.

regarding the third season finale

Author: michaela_endomela from Israel
16 December 2013

I can't believe Brody's dead! I shouldn't watch the season, it was bad and wrecked the first 2 seasons. Without Brody the show isn't interesting. something is missing and that's him. Brody was the one that made the show good. Every episode I waited for his scenes with Carrie, that were the best. Claire Danes is excellent but she's like the mind in Homeland. Brody is (or was) the soul. and now he's missing... I need to write 10 lines minimum to get published but I think I made my point. It was a depressing ending and I think that there aren't any reasons to watch the show anymore. A big disappointment.