IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 32:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

season 4 is idiotic

Author: krzysiektom from Poland
19 December 2014

Unfortunately the writers for the season 4 took viewers and fans of the series for morons. The entire chain of events in Islamabad is idiotic and highly unrealistic. If US Embassies operated in such a loose and unprofessional manner, half of them all over the world would have been attacked or infiltrated. In a place like Pakistan the US Embassy is like a fortress and movements of all the personnel are monitored and so are the entrances to the flats of key embassy employees. Spoilers: Ambassador's husband(!?) sneaks into Carrie's flat and switches her pills!? And it works? And he knows the plans of the embassy building secret tunnel?? What?? And one of top Pakistani intelligence people cooperates with CIA Carrie against the wishes of his boss, because... he likes her and it's the right thing to do. What?? Bazukas smash the vehicles with Carrie and Saul to pieces, but surely they come out of it only with minor bruises. Hollywood stuff. The US Embassy's CIA operative goes AWOL and conducts an operation to kill a Pakistani terrorist on his own, against the orders from Carrie. And did I mention he shoots a US guard in the leg when they try to apprehend him. What?? What an unrealistic fairy tale.

Religious Propaganda

Author: roqash_roqi from Pakistan
18 October 2013

Well i have started watching this series hoping it would be a thrilling story and after watching 1st season i am quite satisfied with the story line of the series but the main propaganda in this series is to degrade Islam and all Muslim countries...

There should be a code of conduct to avoid targeting a specific religion or country in any film or series...

So in my opinion this series is solely based on targeting and degrading the Islamic religion which is inhumane behavior and quite shameful...

The terrorists have no religion or faith as to kill someone is to kill all humanity...

Homeland you were so perfect and you had to go super left liberal on us.

Author: airsnob from Boston MA
25 January 2017

I loved Homeland. I fell in love with Carrie. Claire Danes played her so well. She should have gotten an Emmy for every season. Amazing performances all around really. The actors here are wonderful .. if you're an actor this is a great show to study. I binge watched the first five seasons. But I had heard that this show got a lot of flack from Muslims.. complaining . Even though they had no reason to, ever. First, Homeland added a really nice Muslim girl who worked for the CIA. OK, I can deal with that. Even though, I don't think any Muslims should work for the CIA. But then homeland just went totally wacko. Carrie our hero, our love, decided she doesn't want to work for the CIA anymore. What?!? I mean, that's why we love her, right? We don't want Carrie to drastically change .. she was perfect . Her being in the CIA is such a huge part of the show.. part of her character. Like what were they thinking ?!? So now she works - get this/ for some left liberal organization with really horribly irritating characters that think every government is awful and all Muslims are prosecuted and you know the type.. the polar opposite of what we originally tuned in for.. that got on my nerves extremely but the writing and plots were still good even though now... the CIA is the bad guys! Which really gets on my nerves too. So now that I am for sure that for the next two seasons Carrie isn't back in the CIA, I will not be watching. I just wont. I'm sorry, but as much as I love this show, they totally ruined some major reasons why I loved it. And to take this show in particular and switch it around .. so drastically the plot points that the show is rooted in, I mean, were not even watching Homeland anymore. We might as well tune into some Islamic propaganda or conspiracy theorist blog. I got really angry at showtime for buying into the protests. Cant we do anything anymore that isn't politically correct ? That tells the truth ? Who cares if people get offended by the truth. Its people like this and people that give in to that pressure that got Trump elected. So bye bye Homeland. Carrie was rad. Now she is stupid. Now she is someone I don't wanna know.

Homeland. H for Horrible.

Author: adriaan_ten_bosch from Netherlands
13 January 2015

What a piece of Cr*p this first season. All fake and not one single moment makes you happy. Not once you get the feeling the CIA is actually on to something or making a difference. The series makes you follow Carrie Mathison, the main character. The series is constructed so you identify with her and you want her to succeed. This happens NOT ONCE. throughout the episodes, Carrie gets very close to solving the problems but nobody in the CIA believes her. This is idiotic. its the CIA's f####g job to investigate the things Carrie comes up with but still everybody thinks she's crazy. and NO, its wont get better and NO, things won't solve itself in the last episode. In the end, everything becomes even more fake and the season leaves you empty-handed and unsatisfied. 12hrs of my life wasted on this B*LLCR*P.

A good political thriller filled with action and suspense..

Author: Dr_Sagan from the Edge of the Cosmos
17 October 2014

Homeland is now in its 4th season. The first 3 was all about a young female CIA operations officer, with lots of personal issues, trying to prove that a rescued, longtime captured, hero U.S. soldier is a traitor, and the aftermath of that pursue.

Lots of tension, double-crossings, lies, manipulations and unexpected events happened in these 3 seasons. The realistic depiction of the shady world of CIA and global terrorism made this series to conquer almost universal acclaim.

The end of this cycle is absolute and concluded with the finale of the 3rd season.

In the 4th season the scenery changes but as far as I watched the same high values of the show still standing.

Overall: Recommended.

Worst show I have ever seen.

Author: Ballzdeeper from United States
23 August 2013

Complete garbage...

Completely unrealistic. (do all of our soldiers turn into terrorists over collateral damage? Don't think so.) would the CIA hire a psycho and not know it? Definitely not. Their background checks are quite thorough.

Terrible plot holes. "i know Brody did it... I counted his ammo" but the writers are too dumb to remember that we have already seen him use more than the ammo they show missing.

If that wasn't enough, Claire Danes wriggling chin, big fat lips contorting into disgusting faces and her maniacal screaming episode after episode make this show completely unwatchable.

The industry is clearly a joke, because the only award this show should win is a cancellation.

Brilliant work! Catchy and deep. Can't wait to see more.

Author: Marek P from United States
17 September 2011

The cast looks like it connects very well. Story as of episode 1 is very interesting, dark, and open to many different ways to keep it going. There is one main story throughout the episode, but with many side stories that seem to start of a little slowly. It gets you wondering and trying to connect the dots every minute of the show. It's like the TV series "Life", but without the funny part and in with good drama. To be more specific it reminds me a little bit of Bourne Trilogy but twisted a little bit. Much recommended to anyone between 18-30 years of age or anyone who likes to watch media about CIA work. Not a lot of action just yet, but it is cooking up to be a good one.

From Sixty to Zero in 4.5 Episodes (or Less)

Author: jon-890-677060 from United States
18 January 2017

Not only did the producers of 'Homeland' count their preverbal chickens before hatching this season, but they were apparently able, to summon Johnny Carson's alter ego, 'Carnac The Magnificent', in an effort to have early access to the 2016 Presidential Election ballot-count. Curious what it must have been like for the show's executive producers, once they collectively realized that, any & all efforts to second guess America's next president were all done in vein? Well, Hillary Clinton lost her bid to be president, and in the process exposed the show's now obvious political leanings, which btw make the Tower of Pisa appear spot-on level. So, at the end of the day, Showtime will have taken a sure-fire hit series & in a matter of weeks, alienated the overwhelming majority of its audience (all in the name of political correctness). The verdict still remains out, if the show will attempt to demonize Donald Trump and/or leverage the false narrative that, his (Trump's) path to the White House was paved, by those rascally-rabbit-hacking Russians. Hollywood need refrain from politics and vice versa, for the betterment of all mankind.

CIA traitor Carrie Mathison turns 9/11 truther

Author: Walter Goldenberg (wlgme@aol.com) from Manhattan
20 February 2017

It's bad enough that, in HOMELAND's fantasy world, the newly elected US president is a Hillary clone, and her adviser is an Obama clone, both of whom think that Iran is a peace-loving nation and that the threat of an Islamic nuclear holocaust is a concoction by the usual suspects, those devious Israelis.

But far worse is the latest twist - that elements, rogue or otherwise, of the US intelligence community are staging terrorist attacks in America's streets to further her agenda at home and abroad.

I don't have a crystal ball or access to HOMELAND's closely guarded scripts. But its plot line now couldn't be any clearer. Carrie's apartment is being watched by black-flag operatives, the same ones who furnished her with the crucial surveillance tape, and they're no doubt commanded by the disgruntled general sympathetically interviewed by the "crazy" right-wing talk show host.

The midtown Manhattan explosion was, of course, the work of these same black-flag operatives, who timed it to produce "minimal" casualties - an absurdity in itself, as anyone would know who's lived or worked in midtown Manhattan. Its streets are almost always busy, and especially so in broad daylight. New York is, after all, the city which never sleeps.

It's instructive to follow HOMELAND's left-wing arc. While George Bush was still president, the premise of the series was that the US vice president, a Dick Cheney clone, would assassinate CIA agents to cover up the collateral damage of a drone strike. But after Obama the drone king was elected, Carrie posted herself to Afghanistan and delighted in ruthlessly "smoking" mullahs and imams. Only after a few more years did she, like many others on the left, become disenchanted with Obama's droning, and after that, she retired from the CIA to become a private-sector do-gooder under the aegis of a left-wing billionaire who is, as other posters have noted, an idealized George Soros clone.

Judged solely on its merits as a theatrical piece, HOMELAND admittedly doesn't deserve my one-star rating. The series is finely crafted and invariably entertaining, and Claire Danes is an absolutely superb actress - her turn in the splendid TEMPLE GRANDIN is one of the best things ever put on film. But this latest delusion of HOMELAND's screenwriters - set, of all places, in Manhattan, which witnessed the 9/11 horrors firsthand - is so offensive that it warrants nothing but the utmost contempt.

Not going to watch season 6 any time soon.

Author: macdeutsche
30 December 2016

I wouldn't be watching season 6 anytime soon. Season 4 was disappointing, but realistic. It's not always win for the US, I get it. Sometimes there are complicated political situations, and that may win in the conflict. OK, not great, but I understand. Biggest drawback was she slept with Aayan to gain confidence/intelligence. This is Brody all over again, and in my mind, it's even lower than Brody. There is something very wrong in intelligence if female officer has to mix her body with terrorists to gain information. What's the matter with this girl? It was so ridiculous, from that moment, I stopped watching Showtime all together. Took 1 year to watch this again. (and showtime was free)

Season 5 was fun, but again filled with plot holes. Carrie is a sec head for the humanitarian organization that works against intelligence, but at the same time, virtually CIA agent. This is too much of conflict, and this can't never work out in reality.

But she got some help from Otto. Who by the way should have suffered extremely at the end, if your organization helped releasing prisoners who were suspicious of terrors, and those prisoners brought truck load of sarin gas to Berlin train station. I don't see any organization would survive after this, even if the attempt was spoiled by your employee (Carrie). Not to mention, if your grandfather was Nazi, you wouldn't have such a big 'foundation' who can pay 10 billions in war zone, to begin with.

The story line with this guy and boyfriend is too flat and it has no content whatsoever. They are used to fill time and extremely boring. What's the point of them showing up in the show? What do they add in the complex spy game? Otto proposing in the end... man... these people shouldn't be allowed to write the show at all.

Anyway, it looks like season 6 will continue Carrie as 'humanitarian' who feel guilty a lot about her past but essentially work like CIA agent without any boss, so that she can do whatever and wherever she likes to do and roam. I can tolerate her crying, child like chin movement. But I hate slowing down. I am pretty sure it will have so many distractions and this slows down. So for me, it's no go.

Page 2 of 32:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]