IMDb > "Homeland" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 33:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

Excellent!

Author: The Couchpotatoes from Belgium
17 February 2015

It goes beyond my comprehension that people hate this show. They must all be American brainwashed patriots. Seriously get over it, it's just a show and it's a good one. I absolutely love this show, the actors are all very believable in their roles, the storyline is exceptional, full of twists that keeps you on the edge of your seat during the whole show. At the end of every episode I already want to watch the next one as soon as possible. Everything that you think happens in real life when you think about CIA, espionage, terrorists and so on passes the register. Conspiracies, paranoia, double-crossing, betrayal, false promises etc. Clair Danes puts down a brilliant performance playing an unstable CIA analyst. To me the whole series is full of action and suspense. One of the best series!

Much better than 24

Author: iGlad from United Kingdom
18 October 2011

people have tried to compare it to 24 but its much better than that even i loved the show, why? because it's much more believable and convincing. The scripting is great the dating is great the sub plots are great and the main plot is something we cannot put our finger on it, is he or isn't he? I love the way it's going and i have my views on which i'll keep to myself. I think Claire Danesas being slightly unhinged and manic is brilliant as that actually helps her to get the job done in a strange kind of way.

Excellent show, which the main networks couldn't or wouldn't be able to produce..........

Worst series ever.

Author: grm009 from United States
27 December 2014

The first season left me looking forward to the second. By the end of the second, the plot has become so preposterous and so idiotic, I'm sorry I wasted my time watching any of it. The plot meanders here and there, people get killed, accidents happen, here and there, and to what end? The answer is to keep the show going mindlessly for another season or two. I'm finished. Every American character is a government employee, except for wives and children. Every Muslim is a terrorist. The worst part of the series is the fact that whoever wrote the script obviously had no idea where he was going to go at the start. This has to be (I hope) the nadir of Claire Danes' acting career where she repeats the same horrible affectations-mouth quivering between grimace and grin, and an idiotic wide-eyed look where her corneas become dots in the middle of the whites of her eyes. I'll chalk that up to incompetent directing. The main characters- Carrie and Brody- are deeply despicable, amoral characters who have the same predictable conversations feeding each others' delusions over and over again. The worst part of it is that the producers of this pretentious garbage seem to expect that the viewers have forgotten all about their deeds and have somehow transformed them into sympathetic characters. There isn't a moment of irony, or self-reflection in the entire series. I do think I see a look in Mandy Patinkin's face where he's thinking "This turkey's even worse than Criminal Minds." Go and watch The Assets and see how it's done when it's done really well.

Marathoned over 2 days: my thoughts...

Author: DaelinX from Denmark
20 December 2011

Okay, firstly, I gotta say, I watched the entire series believing that there would only be one season and the story would be finished by the finale episode. This is because I saw that IMDb listed the show's running period as (2011) only and not the usual (2011-), meaning its ongoing - when did they change that? That was kinda stupid of me, I guess. Anyway, I see that the show's been renewed for a second season, which is great, because this show is very good. Just a heads up, though, that my false belief kinda affected my view of the show while I was watching it, especially the last episode where I was expecting everything to wrap up.

Like I said, this show is good, very good. Its basically what AMC's Rubicon should have been like. Its very much in the same vein, with the themes of paranoia, conspiracy theories and dealing with the whole intelligence business. Only in Homeland, stuff actually happens, the plot moves along and it keeps you interested. Rubicon had a good premise but literally nothing happened on that show and that's why it got cancelled. Homeland has a bit "tinfoil hat" premise too, but the story and characters are so complex, you accept that in favor of just being entertained. Both Damien Lewis's and Claire Danes's respective characters are in danger of becoming cliché, but because they are so complex and so well acted, you find yourself drawn to these people. The all-important guessing of whether Brody is turned or not is not just a question of if, but also why or why not. And Carrie Mathison is not just some government suit with a patriotic zeal to root out the terrorist conspiracy - her obsession comes from somewhere darker, as well. Mandy Patinkin is pretty close to being a show-stealer too, with his laser-wit and deeply caring Saul.

The middle episodes are probably the highlight of the season. That's when most seems to be at stake for the main characters and before the big reveal on the whole 'turned' question. After that, the story kinda looses some of its momentum (still exciting, though) and the finale episode could be called anti-climactic by some, but I was still thrilled by the very last scene, which (when re-viewed with the facts straight) set up the second season nicely.

I'm really looking forward to what will happen in season two, for as I say, I thought this one was all there was right until the cut-to-black of the final scene, where I then checked the show's Wikipedia page. Now the ending definitely makes more sense. As for the story, the cat is pretty much out of the bag on the big question of turned/not turned and the future of our heroine is looking not so bright, so where the story will go next, I shall wait to see.

Easy 9/10 based on the acting of the main cast and the thrilling story.

Writers from kindergarten?

Author: Andreas Abrahamsson from Sweden
16 April 2017

To sum up: Don't watch Homeland anymore.

Season six again fails in every way to live of to the complex and intriguing story telling we're used to from season 1-3 of Homeland. I feel that the story is written by first-timers with a target audience of the mental age of 7.

The main plot of season 6 is good, but for some strange reason we're forced to watch side stories that are so far from relevant to the main story it actually hurts watching them. It just builds up frustrations that doesn't go away. Also, the key characters behaves ridiculously unprofessional giving their line of work and the communication between them is so poor you wonder if they're simply children dressed up as grownups. I wonder why the actors agree to such stupid scripts in the first place, as they are so wonderfully good at what they do?

It fails so hard at telling the story that at the end of episode 12 you just realized you waisted 12 hours of your life for nothing. Viewers are left with an unsatisfying end that explains absolutely nothing, and the use of story telling throughout the episodes is so poor you simply wonder if they thought it was going to go on for 100 episodes = we have time..? And no, it's most definitely not the way to gear up for another season. There is nothing remotely professional about doing that. It just screams: I don't know what to write but we have a contract for a few more seasons so let's just write stuff.

The fact that people actually get paid for producing this crap is just unbelievable.

Stay way and watch something else.

season 4 is idiotic

Author: krzysiektom from Poland
19 December 2014

Unfortunately the writers for the season 4 took viewers and fans of the series for morons. The entire chain of events in Islamabad is idiotic and highly unrealistic. If US Embassies operated in such a loose and unprofessional manner, half of them all over the world would have been attacked or infiltrated. In a place like Pakistan the US Embassy is like a fortress and movements of all the personnel are monitored and so are the entrances to the flats of key embassy employees. Spoilers: Ambassador's husband(!?) sneaks into Carrie's flat and switches her pills!? And it works? And he knows the plans of the embassy building secret tunnel?? What?? And one of top Pakistani intelligence people cooperates with CIA Carrie against the wishes of his boss, because... he likes her and it's the right thing to do. What?? Bazukas smash the vehicles with Carrie and Saul to pieces, but surely they come out of it only with minor bruises. Hollywood stuff. The US Embassy's CIA operative goes AWOL and conducts an operation to kill a Pakistani terrorist on his own, against the orders from Carrie. And did I mention he shoots a US guard in the leg when they try to apprehend him. What?? What an unrealistic fairy tale.

Religious Propaganda

Author: roqash_roqi from Pakistan
18 October 2013

Well i have started watching this series hoping it would be a thrilling story and after watching 1st season i am quite satisfied with the story line of the series but the main propaganda in this series is to degrade Islam and all Muslim countries...

There should be a code of conduct to avoid targeting a specific religion or country in any film or series...

So in my opinion this series is solely based on targeting and degrading the Islamic religion which is inhumane behavior and quite shameful...

The terrorists have no religion or faith as to kill someone is to kill all humanity...

Homeland. H for Horrible.

Author: adriaan_ten_bosch from Netherlands
13 January 2015

What a piece of Cr*p this first season. All fake and not one single moment makes you happy. Not once you get the feeling the CIA is actually on to something or making a difference. The series makes you follow Carrie Mathison, the main character. The series is constructed so you identify with her and you want her to succeed. This happens NOT ONCE. throughout the episodes, Carrie gets very close to solving the problems but nobody in the CIA believes her. This is idiotic. its the CIA's f####g job to investigate the things Carrie comes up with but still everybody thinks she's crazy. and NO, its wont get better and NO, things won't solve itself in the last episode. In the end, everything becomes even more fake and the season leaves you empty-handed and unsatisfied. 12hrs of my life wasted on this B*LLCR*P.

Worst show I have ever seen.

Author: Ballzdeeper from United States
23 August 2013

Complete garbage...

Completely unrealistic. (do all of our soldiers turn into terrorists over collateral damage? Don't think so.) would the CIA hire a psycho and not know it? Definitely not. Their background checks are quite thorough.

Terrible plot holes. "i know Brody did it... I counted his ammo" but the writers are too dumb to remember that we have already seen him use more than the ammo they show missing.

If that wasn't enough, Claire Danes wriggling chin, big fat lips contorting into disgusting faces and her maniacal screaming episode after episode make this show completely unwatchable.

The industry is clearly a joke, because the only award this show should win is a cancellation.

CIA traitor Carrie Mathison turns 9/11 truther

Author: Walter Goldenberg (wlgme@aol.com) from Manhattan
20 February 2017

It's bad enough that, in HOMELAND's fantasy world, the newly elected US president is a Hillary clone, and her adviser is an Obama clone, both of whom think that Iran is a peace-loving nation and that the threat of an Islamic nuclear holocaust is a concoction by the usual suspects, those devious Israelis.

But far worse is the latest twist - that elements, rogue or otherwise, of the US intelligence community are staging terrorist attacks in America's streets to further her agenda at home and abroad.

I don't have a crystal ball or access to HOMELAND's closely guarded scripts. But its plot line now couldn't be any clearer. Carrie's apartment is being watched by black-flag operatives, the same ones who furnished her with the crucial surveillance tape, and they're no doubt commanded by the disgruntled general sympathetically interviewed by the "crazy" right-wing talk show host.

The midtown Manhattan explosion was, of course, the work of these same black-flag operatives, who timed it to produce "minimal" casualties - an absurdity in itself, as anyone would know who's lived or worked in midtown Manhattan. Its streets are almost always busy, and especially so in broad daylight. New York is, after all, the city which never sleeps.

It's instructive to follow HOMELAND's left-wing arc. While George Bush was still president, the premise of the series was that the US vice president, a Dick Cheney clone, would assassinate CIA agents to cover up the collateral damage of a drone strike. But after Obama the drone king was elected, Carrie posted herself to Afghanistan and delighted in ruthlessly "smoking" mullahs and imams. Only after a few more years did she, like many others on the left, become disenchanted with Obama's droning, and after that, she retired from the CIA to become a private-sector do-gooder under the aegis of a left-wing billionaire who is, as other posters have noted, an idealized George Soros clone.

Judged solely on its merits as a theatrical piece, HOMELAND admittedly doesn't deserve my one-star rating. The series is finely crafted and invariably entertaining, and Claire Danes is an absolutely superb actress - her turn in the splendid TEMPLE GRANDIN is one of the best things ever put on film. But this latest delusion of HOMELAND's screenwriters - set, of all places, in Manhattan, which witnessed the 9/11 horrors firsthand - is so offensive that it warrants nothing but the utmost contempt.

Page 2 of 33:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]