Despite only having tried for six days, Marshall and Lily are worried about not yet having conceived a child. So their doctor sends them to Dr. John Stangel, the best reproductive endocrinologist in New York City. He ends up being Barney's doppelgänger, although Lily is convinced that he's actually Barney in disguise. Both Lily and Marshall have problems going through the tests with Dr. Stangel for different reasons. They are both on tender-hooks as they await news from Dr. Stangel if there are any issues in them being able to conceive a child. Other news in their life may overshadow whatever Dr. Stangel might have to say. Meanwhile, Robin has just started her new job at Worldwide News. She hates it primarily because the anchor, her old co-host Sandy Rivers, divulges some facts and not so facts about Robin to the rest of the staff which make her the laughing stock among her colleagues. Ted helps her come up with a way to deal with this new embarrassing situation. Written by
Did You Know?
There is a countdown throughout the episode - from 50 to 1. The countdown is as follows:
- 50 - On a pamphlet in the Doctor's office in the first scene
- 49 - Same pamphlet on the Doctor's desk ("months later" according to Ted)
- 48 - Label on hot sauce Marshall uses at MacLaren's
- 47 - Barney's laser tag forms are for the "47th Annual" Laser Tag Competition
- 46 - Printed on Dr. Stangel's certificate behind Lily when they first meet
- 45 - 45¢ the price of the hot wings at MacLaren's
- 44 - Number of beers on tap, on a circular blackboard in MacLaren's
- 44 - (appears twice) Football number on a man's jersey in MacLaren's
- 43 - On the pamphlet Marshall is reading in Dr. Stangel's office
- 42 - Second side of the same pamphlet
- 41 - Race car poster number in Dr. Stangel's office (which disappears when Marshall goes back)
- 40 - Ted's book that "New York's 40 greatest landmarks" when Robin comes home from Day 1
- 39 - Number of office behind Robin
- 38 - On the back of Robin's co-worker's newspaper, 38° in the weather section
- 37 - Lily is reading a Decadence magazine with the "37 Recipes for Holiday leftovers" title on it.
- 36 - The number on Marshall's dad's beer, "Old Number 36"
- 35,34 - Stock markets are up 35.34 points on Robin's news screen
- 33 - Miners rescued from collapsed mine on Robin's news screen
- 32-27 - On Robin's screen: "Today's lottery numbers are 32 31 30 29 28 27"
- 26 - Marshall's dad is reading "26 Home Improvement Shortcuts"
- 25 - Textbook that Ted is reading in the apartment, "25 Greatest Bridges"
- 24 - One of Robin's co-workers is reading a magazine, with a sports player on the front with "24" on his jersey
- 23 - Metro News 23, the channel Robin says "I'm a dirty, dirty girl" on
- 22 - Seen in the corner of Robin's Japanese broadcast
- 21 - Calendar behind Dr. Stangel
- 20 - Room for masturbation room at Dr. Stangel's office
- 19 - "Top 19 Nekkid girls countdown" on Nekkid magazine in the room
- 18 - Apartment number of Marshall and Lily's apartment
- 17,16 - Marshall's specimen cup seen in his apartment
- 15 - Grams of fiber in Robin's cereal
- 14,13 - Apartment number of Sandy's apartment
- 12 - The book "12 days of Christmas" behind Marshall when he's speaking with his parents in their apartment
- 11- On Ted's architecture book, "America's 11 greatest water towers"
- 10 - On Robin Sparkles left jacket arm when shown to co-workers by Robin
- 9 - Disguised Barney holds a folder when talking to Marshall
- 8 - Number on Dr. Stangel's door
- 7 - Number on Marshall's champagne bottle
- 6 - Dr. Stangel turns the folder with the 9 on it upside down
- 5 - Barney gives Marshall a "Motility 5"
- 4 - The "4 Layers of the Uterus" poster in Dr. Stangel's office
- 3 - "Open til 3 am sign" outside MacLaren's
- 2 - Clock in Marvin Sr's wood shop
- 1 - Number of the cab Lily arrives in
Just after Barney impersonates Dr. Stengal and is thrown out of the office (after the number in the "8" countdown passes), the painting/poster behind the door of the office door changes. See more
This is bad news; this is like a black cat walked through my uterus.
Written by The Solids
Performed by The Solids See more