IMDb > "Hawaii Five-0" He Kane Hewa' Ole (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hawaii Five-0" He Kane Hewa' Ole (2011)

« Prev | 14 of 118 Episodes | Next »

Not a bad show

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
10 March 2011

Not a bad episode, but not great a episode either. Five-o has the usual car chase and a severed head for the macho action appeal. When the team gets together the episode becomes a version of Hawaii Five of C S I. ch I like the Five O C S I mix. However, the cop show has the, usually, plot twist with the usual frame on the obvious suspect. (What I find interesting is I once read that in most police work the obvious suspect is usually the guilty person, but sometimes the police can be very wrong with wrongful convictions.) There is a human element in the story, which shows how cops use their personal judgment with tough decisions. (I will what Steve did.) The shows ending is true C S I fashion where the Dan and Steve catch a very evil gal who has no remorse for what she did. The ending is just like one many of the C S I ending. I like the ending for it show how evil some people are. If you like C S I you will like this episode of Five O. I give the show a 6 or 7 out of ten.

Head in the Box-No Class or Classic Here ***

Author: edwagreen from United States
18 January 2011

A high speed chase leads to a head in the box and the driver quite dead.

Time for Steve and Danno to investigate. Guess what? The head belongs to a physics teacher who was dying of cancer nonetheless. We meet quite a conniving wife who fakes her own kidnapping. Imagine, she was having an affair and couldn't wait for her husband to depart, so they killed him.

Along the way, we see compassion by Steve for the little boy left fatherless by the driver who had been hired to deliver the box. Evidently, he didn't know what was going on. Steve shows the necessary compassion and despite Danny's misgivings, Sten is shown to be correct.