IMDb > A Christmas Kiss (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Christmas Kiss

A Christmas Kiss (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Fun, sweet, and romantic!

Author: Evangeline Kelly from United States
11 December 2011

TV movies get a bad rap in America. Dismissed as trite, cheesy, and predictable, as well as the haven of "has-been" actors, this respectable medium is neglected by Hollywood and audiences. For an original film, with a mix of veteran (Elisabeth Rohm of Law and Order & Angel and Brendan Fehr of Roswell & Bones) and new actors (lead Laura Breckenridge), the acting is convincing and the production qualities are surprisingly high. Best of all, the script balances the romantic elements with touching humor and the warmth of Christmas without dinging the aforementioned criticisms of the made-for-television movie. This was a pleasant way to pass two hours of my night, and for those who seek romantic films with plenty of heart, believable romantic development, and doesn't use strong physical attraction as a shortcut to love, A Christmas Kiss is highly recommended.

One of the best Christmas classics

Author: avdave
26 December 2011

The story is average ...but the cinematography and acting does 10/10 for the movie... All the three main actors Laur,Bendon and Elizabeth are just awesome ...Oh and all side actors/actresses are just amazing and plus all the Christmas decoration within movie is just great...

The Characters really brings freshness to movie and of course Laura is my favorite.

It's a nice romantic flick and everything on each scene looks so fresh and inclusion of Christmas decoration within theme is huge plus. Every time it is as good as I watched it first.

Just relax and enjoy it!! and oh yeah I would be buying it for my personal collection

Great movie with popcorn and fireplace going on Christmas/New Years nights

Author: fen39 from United States
18 November 2012

I remember seeing this movie at least twice last year late in the evening on ION television. I really enjoyed it. Good production values and acting by all was in the spirit. Even the extras seem to be having fun. Director John Stimpson came through with professional blocking and just right touch that enhances the Christmas Theme. The movie stays within its limits and does not go off on tangents to try to reinvent itself and become more than the original intent, which often happens with seasonal-themed story lines. Laura Breckenridge was just right in casting, although at first I thought she was a little young for "the Handsome Stranger played by Brenden Fehr. Also good to see movies, like this one, that the young ones can watch without worrying or cringing what may happen next. Don't know if it will be on any local television stations in the east U.S. coast, but see that it is out on DVD. Good stocking stuffer!

Pleasant Christmas fare but...

Author: emaureen from Canada
17 December 2011

Romantic comedy set at Christmas. Can't really fault it, but Brendan Fehr seemed a strange choice for the suave, stiff (and somewhat bemused) hero. Not sure why they chose a gifted character actor for a part that called for so little acting, and with makeup that made him seem like the cousin of Dudley Do-Right. But then, I enjoyed Fehr playing a scruffy flake back in the Roswell days.

Our heroine was a suitably sweet yet spunky young thing with enjoyable friends, and her nemesis boss was E-V-I-L. Many outside characters who seemed entitled to comment on the situation, a smidge of deo ex machina. In other words, nothing you haven't seen before, but basically okay.

A Christmas Kiss

Author: jennifercoulahan from Ireland
19 November 2011

Well that time of year again. Had been looking for a new Christmas movie to watch.This is a new movie 2011.Really enjoyed this movie, a lovely light Christmas film. will be buying this for my own collection. Enjoyed watching Brendan Fehr again He was in Roswell. All grown up now. You may recognize the other actors from TV series also. Elisabeth Rohm plays a great part also. You'll know her as Kate from the TV series Angel.From the beginning it takes you in and you care for what happens to the characters. It moves along well and keeps you interested.I may be a bit sentimental but this film makes you feel the magic of Christmas and all the possibilities that go with it. So for all those romantics get out the popcorn and enjoy.....

My absolute favorite Christmas Movie EVER

Author: cemroz from Henderson, Nevada
9 December 2013

The best Christmas Romance, ever! I can't stop watching it. If I need a little Christmas spirit this movie does it for me. I won't even place a number on the times I've watched it. I loved all the characters and will watch anything that I can find with them in it. Laura Breckenridge is exceptional as well as Brendan Fehr who I loved in pretty much everything he does for example in Bones. Elizabeth Rohm was amazingly convincing as the antagonist in this movie. And I really hope to see the roommates and the actor who played Charlie in more movies. I just can't say enough about this one Christmas treasure. I found myself searching everywhere for the airing well before THanksgiving and I will buy it and download it this year. Bravo, well acted, joyful and beautiful. Please powers that be do another with these wonderful actors.

so cute!

Author: jmarieinca from United States
23 December 2011

I really got into this Christmas TV movie. A young woman with bad luck with romance feels she'll never meet a great guy. She meets guy in elevator where they share a magical kiss who later turns out to be her boss' boyfriend.

The girl makes designs for her boss who is helping her boyfriend make a Christmas design for his house. I don't want to give too much away, but I was glued to this movie! This movie was very cute her boss was someone you love to hate! The movie wasn't too predictable and it had some really precious moments in it. Sweet movie you don't want to miss for Christmastime.

I Can't Wait to See it Again

Author: garyhvizdak from United States
24 December 2014

A delightful movie. Excellent production, acting, direction, cinematography etc. Laura Breckenridge is adorable. (I fell in love with her.) Some of the writing seemed a bit of a stretch. Especially the justifications Wendy repeatedly gave her friends, as to why she couldn't tell Adam "that was her in the elevator". Oh and it was also a stretch that Wendy could tolerate her boss! No doubt the worst part of the movie from a production standpoint was the lip sync carolers. As a singer, I found the scene -- when the elevator doors opened -- painful to watch, and I can't imagine that anyone connected with this project is happy with how it turned out. The best part of the movie was the last three minutes and I would have loved to see more (than just a newspaper clipping).

P.S. Thumbs up to Elizabeth Rohm for her restrained and yet over-the-top supporting role performance.

Cute holiday movie

Author: teica-g
14 November 2014

This movie is a cute holiday drama romance movie, and it has one of my favorite unknown actors Brendan Fehr featured in it. It might make you biting nails "why did the character did that", few plot holes moments, but all actors are alright and it's watchable. If you think about it, there are some movies that made it to theater and aren't as half as good, this one is then more than decent. You can enjoy it watching with your family or boyfriend, because it does not have any excessive sexual scenes. Lead roles make a great couple and will leave you wanting more of their story. Elisabeth Röhm is also a great "villain" here, role suits her good.

Christmas Kiss Had that Christmas Romance Spark

Author: gehewe from USA
2 February 2017

A great movie to watch. Would not mind watching it again. One of my favorite Christmas movies is "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" where the girl is mismatched. Here it is the guy who is mismatched to the ambitious, arrogant, calculating Miss Hall (Elisabeth Rohm). Her performance absolutely made this movie. She is the villain and our hard working sweet girl Wendy (Lauren Breckenridge) is our heroin. The dialogue with Wendy and her 2 roommates were some of the best scenes and much of the story was conveyed in their conversations. This was very well done. This movie has emotion. You will be rooting for Wendy over Miss Hall. You will not fall asleep on this one. Good Job.