"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" 459 (2010)

« Prev | 15 of 52 Episodes | Next »

Great episode that introduces Carol Danvers of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Author: cruzhurt from United States
13 December 2010

Although this episode isn't entirely true to the origin of Ms.Marvel, I was more than excited to see them introduce Carol Danvers of S.H.I.E.L.D. I liked how they showed the relationship between Carol and Janet. This is something I have waited to see portrayed. Especially since Janet helps Carol modify her costume from the "old school" one to the one she's know for currently.

There isn't a lot of material about Carol as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D., so this introduction was really good. I hope they incorporate her more as the episodes progress. In addition to developing the character, they nailed the animation and voice. Jennifer Hale is one of the best in the business.

I like seeing the Marvel Universe come together even if there are some variations on story lines. I was initially thrown by Captain Mar-Vell being introduced as Walter Lawson. For me, it was a really obscure reference that I had forgotten, so when he started to protect Carol from the reactor explosion it was really a pleasant surprise. The writers do an excellent job of weaving Marvel lore in the story lines.

Along with developing the Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel) character, this was a great episode for furthering the relationship between Janet and Hank. I am amazed at how well this series develops the characters in such a short amount of time as well as include the typical entertaining Super Hero stuff. This episode also had a great display of Hulk's strength. Overall, one of the best episodes yet. It seems they are really hitting their stride with this series.