IMDb > Talaash (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Talaash

Talaash More at IMDbPro »

Page 6 of 22: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

enthralling, absorbing, sluggish, dramatic, and a bit disappointing

Author: viralpatel15 from United States
30 November 2012

Talaash is enthralling, absorbing, sluggish, dramatic, and a bit disappointing. It might become blockbuster at box office however it is lackluster in terms of its speed. It establishes fairly well and build up was excellent with three of four suspenseful plots running together. But it looses its appeal in the middle where movie goes on a wild search of its characters, becomes recurring and monotonous. Eventually when the suspense opens up, it gives a feeling of "finally" or "really!!!" Climax neither gives you shock nor surprise, it rather gives you a pleasure that finally it is over.

Talaash is technically good, sound mixing is phenomenon, songs fit in very well and helps to move the story, dialogues and silences both produces good humor in an otherwise dry movie. Aamir Khan is controlled and realistic, Kareena Kapoor is delightful and sexy, Rani Mukherjee is natural and luminous. Nawazuddin Siddiqui totally rocks in entire movie and his performance remains one of the biggest positive. Story, Script and Screenplay are not so brilliant and had this not been an Aamir Khan movie, would have been disaster at box office. ~ Viral Patel~ ratemovieshere.com

Author: akashimdb from India
4 December 2012

Talaash has huge hype and expectations. The story starts with a bang. It in fact confirms that you are in for show all the way. But since the film was totally marketed as a crime film, we don't expect anything else nor are we interested. But the crime takes a backseat and Aamir's personal life takes control. This is where the problems start. Things get listless more and more. Rani and Aamir get more frustrated after each scene which has nothing to do with the crime. The screenplay drops so much that only your wait for the crime to chip in makes you watch the movie and not Aamir's return after 3 years in cinema. When the crime part continues in the end and you feel your wait was worth, the story backfires leaving the film in tumult. The twist (moreover a forced transition and culmination) is not convincing at all. It falls flat, more than 8X10 Tasveer and Blue. CID episodes are better. Such stories are never implemented on a mega-budget film with a mega star with a 3 yr mega-hype. The script is like one which Mahesh Bhatt uses to make a 18cr film with Emraan Hashmi with mediocre marketing. There are a few comedy dialogs and scenes but again they are just moments. Talking of performances, I think Aamir should not even be nominated for the Best Actor because his role is very simple and doesn't require anything special, although he has done his part nicely. He is a great actor but the role does not demand great skills. Its a cliché role of an inspector who merely responds to the situations and creates none. Kareena keeps us ticking, in fact you are busy watching her instead of Aamir in the same frame. She steals it from him as if its payback after 3 Idiots. Rani is passable since her character has nothing to do with the crime. Nawazuddin is awesome and should be nominated for Best Supporting Actor. Reema Kagti directs fine but the story fails her. The cinematography is excellent. Ram Sampath's music is a formality expect the songs Muskaan Jhoothi Hai and Jee Le Zara. On the whole, Talaash is more of Aamir's failure than Reema Kagti or Zoya Akthar just like Yuvraaj was for Salman Khan than Subhash Ghai. Till now many people called Aamir a perfectionist. The others didn't agree or disagree. But now the others will say what Aamir says in diplomacy-not a perfectionist.

Disappointed

Author: ankimagine from India
2 December 2012

I am rather disappointed after watching the movie. When you go to watch Amir Khan's movie, you always keep your expectations high. Amir Khan's movies often match upto the expectations of the viewers. This movie was disappointing. It felt more like i was watching The Sixth Sense with a lot weaker plot.

Its a good movie and would have been good if Amir Khan was not in it. With Amir Khan, expectations are high and this was not even close to what I expected. Was rather bored as the movie is approximately 3 hours and it keep revolving around the character's personal and professional life. The movie has got some loops too. Why kareena kapoor avenged her deaths after 3 years is something i could not understand.

Another Stolen Theme from Hollywood

Author: Deepak Sood from India
2 December 2012

Although I am a great fan of Aamir Khan, yet I don't like this movie. The reason is very simple. This movie is based on the theme which is employed by many Hollywood movies in the past. This movie may appeal to some Indian audience who are ignorant of this theme but not to those persons who have enjoyed the great movies e.g. "The Sixth Sense" and "The Others". I was able to guess the suspense right from a scene in the beginning where a female character from the movie tries to invoke the spirit of a deceased child of the lead characters. I am too much disappointed with the effort of Mr. Perfectionist. He had tried hardly to put most of Indian Masala with the stolen theme, yet the final outcome was not so perfect. I felt cheated after watching this movie.

A great Hindi production after a long time

Author: Siddharth Jhala from Rajkot, India
30 November 2012

As usual Aamir movies have lot of expectancy and he always delivers, this time is no different. A superb combination of Thrill and mystery. Happy to see B-town coming up with such an awesome movie. No extra action, No extra dialogs just a perfect blend of superb acting and an gripping story. The flow of the movie is fabulous, and believe me you feel the interval disturbing to break that flow! People say no social message from this movie yet I found a message sidelined in the film of respecting every human being. A must watch, perfect movie from Mr. perfectionist. have to give it 10/10! And even after knowing the story you feel like watching it again and experiencing the thrill all over.

A thriller film!

Author: Niaz_Morshed from Bangladesh
6 December 2012

If you go 7 years back, aamir khan's latest movie was Mangal Pandey then…after that he did Rang De Basanti-Fanaa-Tare Zameen Paar-Dhobi Ghat-3 Idiots and now this Talaash…apart from Dhobi Ghat this one got the weakest script that aamir worked, in recent times…Talaash was one of the few highly anticipated bolly movies of the year, its an aamir movie! aamir-rani-kareena together for the first time, farhan akter and anurag kashyap was involved with dialogues and story, so expectation level was high…film was not bad, but not great.

It's a thriller film, but the director seemed confused at times about where to emphasize…the story was not strong enough to build the suspense that a better thriller-mystery film requires…overall aamir-kareena-rani all did their best, but am not satisfied...Saying again, its not a bad film, not a great one (like we are used to with Aamir -Films!) either.

Another good one from aamir but could be more better than this

Author: JAYESH SHINDE from Pune, India
11 December 2012

This is another good piece from reema kagati ,zoya and aamir. The base of movie is very strong. Story is also good but can be predictable at some places except from climax cleverly take a twist at last. As usual aamir,rani and karina did their job perfectly. Reema also directed film very well as she reveals the clues in very sharp manner. After a long time I saw a class cinematography and nice back ground direction in bollywood . But there are also loop holes in this film also this is not aamir's film that means what we expect from aamir about this film ,this film doesn't work on our expectation. The main reason about it, the story goes very slow in whole film it didn't peeks a speed which we needed in such film as we already saw in "KAHAANI". Sometimes it diverted from its path for a little while. There are some scenes in films which can be avoided or can be made shorter. Sometimes we saw that movie is not moving forward and at next while it goes far forward. Well by the overall it's a good movie I suggest if you really have some patience to watch such classic thriller movie which sometimes slow you down to reveal truth and you are aamir's fan then you not only can enjoy this movie but also keeps in memory this for best direction and story….

Talaash....Answer to Different Cinema lies in this

Author: amit_sinha62 from India
9 December 2012

I am writing this review after 15 days of the movie being released, but I have still not been get over this movie though I have watched it twice. Many readers would think me crazy that what all I saw in Talaash, that the movie has grown over me so much. I would not have been able to answer this correctly, had I not seen it second time. Talaash starts with the dirty yet beautiful screenplay showing the underbelly of Mumbai. The starting scene where a man is walking with a guitar, pimp, customers and prostitutes are standing outside neon lit shady bars, an old lady on the footpath just staring are mixed together to show the other side of Mumbai . The story is good and the screenplay is such that this can be used as an example to teach students of cinema. All the actors in the movie have played their role close to reality. Aamir Khan as a normal cop who is as puzzled with the case as all other cops is the beauty of the character and I doubt that any other current star could have done justice to this role. Rani Mukherjee as his wife and Kareena Kapoor as a prostitute are other examples of perfect casting. I would love to do Special mention for two other actors - Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Rajkumar Yadav who is the new breed of class actors and leaves their impact even in a small role. Talaash is not an out and out suspense thriller, in fact it's a Suspense and Emotional drama with paranormal message attached to the whole film. Can you think of any other Bollywood cinema where emotional scenes are as strong as the suspense of the movie? Aamir Khan is a grief stricken father who has lost his 8 year old kid and is a restless human being. He is investigating the accidental death of a young Film star and is in the search of the answers to his death. He meets a prostitute Rosy, played by Kareena Kapoor who not only provides him information about the case but also soothes his grief and pain. Rani Mukherjee plays the role of a disturbed wife of Aamir Khan and them as a couple is not able to bring joy to their life because of their son's death in an accident. The emotional scenes between them take you to another level of the film. However, when the film ends, you find that the answer to the death of the Film star is not as important as the answers to his grief and guilt. That's where the story scores points; also I feel that the pace of the movie has been deliberately kept a bit slow as increasing the pace of the movie might have confused the audience. All the characters in the movie have been carefully built where there is a very line between them being an evil and good. The simple love and friendship between the pimp Nawazuddin and an age past prostitute looks real and keeps you thinking even when you walk out of the theater. The music is good and I have started respecting Ram Sampath even more. I love the background scores especially Muskanein jhoothi hai and Jiya lage Na; though all the other songs are good too. The best parts of these songs are that they are not forced upon you, but they help you to get in the rhythm of the movie. Talaash is not a perfect movie and I would also not say it's a cult movie. I would say that this movie should be watched because of the story, screenplay, and background music by Ram Sampath, class acting by all the actors and a perfect mix of mainstream and art cinema. I didn't like the suspense of Talaash in the end and I wished that Reema Kagti and Zoya Akthar could have written a slightly different climax. But No movie is perfect and you can ignore this deficiency to watch a good cinema. However, if you are bogged down by the climax, than I doubt that you will like the movie. Also, don't hope for an edge of the seat thriller as I guess it was never meant to be made like that. So go and watch Talaash and enjoy a different cinema which is set in the dark but will show light to the different kind of cinema. My rating is 7 out of 10.

Good movie with great performance from Amir

Author: Jaimin Sutariya from India
8 December 2012

I went to the theater with very high expectations. And why shouldn't I? well, It is Amir's movie. Amir's performance in this movie is just outstanding. Navazuddin Siddiqui is also great. The movie goes real slowly and at the mid you are almost out of the track. You will ask yourself where the movie is heading to? There was a murder mystery at the beginning and what is going on now? Just then everything is like getting back on track. But at last you will feel like it was not an "Amir's movie". It was a "Vikram bhatt movie". I liked the movie But I had liked it more if it had been a murder mystery without any supernatural entities. The climax just spoils everything..

Great songs , great performances - risky subject

Author: Cinish Narayanan from United States
6 December 2012

Aamir Khan is the one who brought us to watch the movie. Aamir has been surprisingly consistent at producing one great movie after another and that too with a diverse spectrum of subjects. Subject of Talaash also had that element of risk. I think Aamir did well to take the risk in the light of the story.

The best part of the movie are the excellent songs. I was completely struck by the song 'Jee Le Zara..' with excellent lyrics , music and feel. It is the kind of song that you can carry away with you and use to pacify you in hard times. The song 'Jiya Lage Na.. ' is equally excellent with a more catchy composition. The other songs are all great too as I listen to them.That is one comment that can be made risk-free : go watch the movie for the songs.

The treatment of the movie is emotional, dealing closely with the emotional turmoil that the protagonists of the movie are undergoing. The dark tension is convincingly captured for most part. The presentation of the climax is pretty good and surprising but thereafter there is a dragging treatment in the same manner which bordered on annoying. It is like a teacher presenting a controversial subject and pushing it as the students listen hiding their disinterest.

Kareena has done so many prostitute roles that she is carrying the role off with surprising ease. Rani has done a convincing job too as the housewife. Aamir has been great too.

I would recommend the movie anyways.It can take some edit - the drag I mentioned earlier - I would cut out the digging scene , shorten the last scene.

Cinematography of Hindi movies has been amazing in recent times. Talaash was great as well.