IMDb > "L.O.L" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"L.O.L" More at IMDbPro »

Avoid

Author: autokid15 from Canada
12 March 2012

I hate to give bad reviews to shows, especially when people are trying to succeed, but this show is just not funny at all. It has the humour of a generic low budget 1980's sketch show with no talking. It just doesn't deliver. I have tried to sit through a few episodes, but I just don't find it funny. The biggest issue (other than spending the budget on the sets) is the set up and delivery. Each sketch is 95% set up and 5% joke, and the delivery usually never satisfies the set up. After each joke is delivered, it leaves you sitting waiting for something more funnier that never comes.

In short, the show is just lame and cheesy

LOL is the Cream of the Crop

Author: judy-buzogany from Calgary, AB, Canada
28 May 2014

The skits are well thought out and beautifully staged. We are always amazed at how much work has gone into the set decoration, costumes and props. The acting is excellent. The actors obviously have a wonderful rapport with each other and seemingly effortlessly take on multiple and varied persona. The skits are inventive and witty. The venues for the various skits are varied and creative. We recognize some familiar characters, but there is always a quirky twist which keeps us in stitches. The writers exhibit a knowledge of history, politics and world affairs as well as deep insight into life situations. Intelligent use of irony and clever forays away from the expected, create delightful episodes of comedic perfection. The lack of dialogue focuses us in on facial expressions, body language and sometimes subtle or overt physical interactions that do not disappoint. Brilliant! One of the best shows ever! Keep them coming!