IMDb > "Portlandia" Farm (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

1 of 71 Episodes | Next »

Brilliant!

Author: diana-1 from Berkeley, CA
8 February 2011

Ostensibly about Portland, OR, this show is really a delightful skewering of all the pretensions of contemporary hipsters, eco-freaks, and other counter-cultural elements. I love the opening skit, a paean to Portland's weirdness, with an ever-growing parade of oddballs marching down the street singing "The dream of the 90s is alive in Portland." Even better is the skit about an ultra-feminist bookstore called Women and Women First, with a grim, touchy, defensive staff and a totally impractical approach to retailing. Then there's the couple who want to order chicken in a restaurant. They relentlessly interrogate their waitress about how it was raised, and the waitress gives them the chicken's complete, full-color dossier. A few people play all the roles, often cross-dressed. The humor's deadpan but wicked. Portlandia's a breath of fresh air.

stupidest show I have seen in a long time

Author: dwallxx from United States
23 January 2011

I was looking for a new show to watch, so I decided to try this one.

Not worth the time to watch it. It has to be one of the stupidest shows I have seen in a long time. It jumped around to much, and made very little sense. Although the opening song was kind of catchy, not my type of show.

Plus I have been to Portland, I can't put my comment on here about what I thought of the city.

I won't watch any more of it, and will try and find some other show to watch. Hopefully it will be canceled before long, and replaced with a better comedy to watch.