IMDb > The Expendables 2 (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Expendables 2

The Expendables 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 46:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]

The Expendables are back and stuff gets blown up! What else did you expect?

Author: Aaron1375
22 August 2012

I went to this film expecting another fun explosive ride and I got what I was expecting. Lots of explosions, plenty of bullets and numerous kills. I have to say I enjoyed this one a bit more than the last one, I am not sure what the critics were complaining about, but then they were harsh to Sylvester and Arnold's films back in the day too, so I guess I should not expect anything different this go around. And speaking of Arnold, it was great to see him back and part of the action this time. Probably one of the reasons I enjoyed this one a bit more than the second film.

The story has our gang going into some type of military type installation to retrieve a hostage right from the get go. Suffice to say, before the title comes across the screen you are exposed to lots of action and violence. Ah Sylvester, you sure know how to do it right. We get introduced to a new member of the team and sad to say we have to say goodbye to one of the older members. Granted he was not killed, but he does exit the film early and does not return. I could not believe he did not come back, and if I have a gripe about the film it is that this character did leave so early. Well Church (Bruce Willis) finds Barney (Stallone) and he wants a favor. He wants Barney to take his team to the site of a crash to retrieve something. Something that Van Damme wants and gets. Barney's group goes after this villain, not because of what was taken, but for revenge! The character's are expanded upon here a bit more. It was great seeing Dolph with the team for the entire film. He is still crazy, but he is a bit more under control and actually provides some very humorous moments. Arnold and Bruce are in this one a lot more than the previous film too. They get to take part in the action this time as their roles are not merely walk ons this time. Chuck Norris also gets to do his thing, just as he did back in the 70's and 80's. Van Damme was also in this one a good deal and he made a very good villain. He was much more memorable than the villains from the previous film, I mean Stone Cold was good at the fighting, but did not leave an impression on me as far as acting. Van Damme on the other hand played the part of a villain very well, this film may open up another avenue for him.

This film was fun for me. I am not suggesting it is a work of art or anything, but I missed the first film in the theaters, so I was not going to miss this one. I wanted to see this troupe of action stars shoot it up on the big screen and I got what I wanted to see. Arnold's return was particularly satisfying for me, as there has been a void in my movie theater life since he became governor. I want to see him on the big screen as he was a favorite of mine as a kid and young adult. I also enjoyed seeing Norris on the big screen for the first time in my life. I thank Stallone for bringing all the big guns to the table and while others may not have cared for this film...for me, it was a blast! So sorry if you do not care for my opinion, but I enjoyed this film.

A reloaded *** kicker and better than the 1st one.

Author: omarh92 from United Arab Emirates
16 August 2012

I must admit, the hype for the first film was too much and in the end, we all got some intense 80s style action but with a poor story. This sequel however actually has a story, a story of revenge. The first film introduces the gang so we get to know them. The second however, we already know the gang so now we actually see how they truly are and how they work. This film is better since the rest of the team (other than Stallone) get more screen time and they have their humor moments. Van Dammne played a very very very very very AWESOME villain, and towards the end of the film, he shows even at the age of 50, he is stronger than ever. Arnie and Bruce Willis had a great screen time too with perfect humor, seriously the chemistry between those 2 and the rest is great. Speaking of chemistry, Dolph Lundgren's role is MUCH better now and very enjoyable. Chuck Norris, you'd be surprise how he is. The cast was great, the story is better, the action is MORE intense, there is great humor. In conclusion, Expendables 2 brings back the 1980s action style with it's teaspoon of humor. Enjoy the film!

Bring it on, BABY! Bring on the firepower and the mayhem. Keep it coming!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
18 August 2012

This sequel did not disappoint! Maximum star power, maximum firepower, maximum excitement. "The Expendables 2" was a thrill ride that no one will ever forget. Sly is back with his crew once more, but this time they gain a new recruit: Bill the Kid (Liam Hemsworth) who's a top notched sniper, and Maggie (Yu Nan) who is smart but very gutsy in nature. They bring back all the ones who just had cameos in the first installment. It got more fun when they got Booker(Chuck Norris) " The Lone Wolf", and Jean-Claude Van Damme. There's one drawback, he's a villain. The action in the movie was totally non-stop, there was also a lot of humor, clichés, and one liners in the film. So long to list, I can't catch up if I tried. "I''ll be back!", is a classic. Sly and Van Damme? An unlikely battle in the making, however, it's a new epic battle anyone can think of. Dolph Lundgren was known for his intellectual talent back in the 80's. He really put it into good use here. If you thought the first movie was something, you haven't seen anything like this. "The Expendables 2" is a must see movie for years to come. All star action, all star humor, and just enough adrenaline to keep you alert at all times. Enjoy this movie! 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Terrible movie for a braindead audience

Author: Rob from United States
2 September 2012

How many more awful ego-fest Stallone movies will we have to endure before his knumb-skull fanbase run out of reasons to watch? ExpII continues the rambo/expendables silliness of some old farts who can apparently take out scores of younger bad guys. There's a lot of gore and a lot of cheap explosions, but once again it's ridiculously bad. The story was absolutely retarded, the acting was atrocious. Stallone and Stratham should honestly quit acting. The referential jokes by Arnold and Willis were absolutely pathetic. The old actors all looked way past it, and did not garner any sympathy due to their lack of charisma. I was hoping for Van Damme to wipe them all out, but naturally the lame good guys win, because Stallone must always live in the end, due to some neurotic short-man syndrome or something. Oh yeah the HGH and roids must've been why the budget is so high, because I have no clue where the 100 million dollars went; it looked like something straight to video. 1/10

Utter Rubbish

Author: bulge4024 from Uk
3 October 2012

I'm an eighties kid. So it's fair to say I love every single actor in this as iv grown up with them.

But what a bad film!! Possibly the worst script ever combined with great special effects and stupid far fetched battle scenes. I think that sums it up.

One to watch when bored.

I'm not hating on the actors, in fact I loved the cast, it's just seriously come on! Do they actually watch the film after they've shot it and think "yea! That's a great film" Or do they just take the pay check and forget about it.

If you've just had a Lobotomy, Watch this movie !!!

Author: cardiffhut from United Kingdom
10 October 2012

If you had a lot of money, lots of spare time, and an IQ of 10, what would you do? Easy : club up with like minded people and make a movie, glorifying yourself and your dumb pals.The Result : The Expendables and if that wasn't enough to satisfy the ego-maniac...The Expendables 2!!! The plot reminds one of a spoilt, rich brat wondering which of his toys he needs to play with (and destroy)..by the end of the movie, Michael Sylvester Gardenzio Stallone has successfully demolished all his toys and got himself a new one. Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger is back again with his "I'm back (again)" dialogue thats become so overused its a shame that he still thinks its up to some good.They even got Chuck Norris to do a really dumb appearance.Thank god for the actors who stayed away from this movie.

Easily the most mediocre acting, dialogues and script of this century.The special effects are good.A lot of money that could have fed a lot of poor people gone up in flames.

If you are a die hard Stallone,Schwarzenegger,Bruce Willis fan and want to watch the movie, my advise is get a Lobotomy; makes it a whole lot easier on you-Hollywood has reached a new level of mediocrity.

old men past their sell by date embarrass themselves

Author: obediahsilt from United Kingdom
5 September 2012

This movie, like the first Expendables, is utter garbage. It has practically nothing going for it. The script is nonexistent, the attempts at humour are excruciatingly embarrassing and the final fight scene is amateurish. The cinemaphotography is strangely cheap and grainy looking.

The main cast are far too old for this kind of thing, which is a shame since some of them were successful back in the day.

There is some entertainment to be had, primarily at the awful dialogue, Norris and Stallone's bad hairpieces. My wife was in hysterics at the entrance of Chuck Norris as some kind of iconic actor. Chuck Norris was a strictly b-movie actor even in his heyday and his heyday was a long long time ago.

This is not worth paying to see. If you're desperate wait for it on DVD.

In a word - it's awful

Author: StarWarsMoviesSuck from United States
22 August 2012

EXP1 was bad, and EXP2 is no different. Just another lame Stallone-ego-fueling mess of a movie. Watching these old losers taking out scores of fodder with silly unrealistic gunplay just plain gets on the nerves. Big budgets should be reserved for movies that actually have plots and characters that you care about, and not feature has-been actors that can't give up the fact that no amount of HGH and elevator shoes will save them from irrelevancy.

I give it a 1/10. I even like 80s and 90s action movies, very much. Expendables does nothing to bring back the nostalgia of 80s and 90s action glory - it's just another lame Stallone ego-fest.

One of the worst movies ever

Author: dineshabe from Canada
14 September 2012

This is easily one of the worst movies i have ever seen. If you want to see 3000 people shot to death then you will love this movie. I saw this in an IMAX, but that didn't make the movie less painful. The story is the same old one, good partner gets killed the teams takes revenge. The first 15 minutes was bearable. There was nothing but mindless killing. Every scene is unrealistic and there is absolutely no story line. The good guys can apparently stand and shoot 1000 people face on face and bad guys will miss them. 5 guys shooting and killing 100 people in a open room without getting hit, is what best describes the movie. And finally stallone defeats the villain in fist fight. Oh he had a gun but u know fist fights are better. This is worse than any bad Indian movie i have ever seen. Most Indian superhero movies are much better than this movie.

In short if you have watched any action movie, don't go to this movie.

it is p**p

Author: muppetfiddler from Thailand
23 August 2012

'If you love life, don't waste time' Bruce Lee once said this.

Sorry Bruce, I need to apologise.... to my family. At the end of my mortal life I will be cursing the wasted time that is EXP2.

I am happy to give cash to my old heroes, but the movie just SUCKED at every level.

Obvious 'dead meat/revenge' character, Asian stereotypes, Bad guys with the complete wrong spoken language (Thai speaking Nepalese, Albanian/Bulgarians). Was Chuck (my number 1 hero) a CGI character? He and his face hardly moved. Sucky story, sucky dialogue, sucky effects, sucky predictable soundtrack... it just sucked!

Just don't do it. Wait for it on cable TV and sit around ripping into it.

Page 2 of 46:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [Next]