IMDb > Somebody Help Me 2 (2010) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Somebody Help Me 2 (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Somebody help this movie!!

Author: bspooner from United States
25 October 2011

LOL !!! is all i can say about this movie. i thought that the remake of prom night was the worst horror movie I've ever seen until this garbage.. a few years ago i saw the original at a screening in Baltimore promoting the release of the film on DVD in which the main actors (Omarion and Marquis Houston ) made a special appearance.. it wasn't a good movie but i could have at least stomached it but this movie took every wrong turn from the opening scene everything from laughable acting, contradictory corny dialog, ridiculous plot twist.. the list goes on and on. it never seem to amaze me why anyone would bother to sink any money into trash like this.... avoid at all costs unless you just want a laugh

Flawed and really troubling slasher sequel

Author: GL84 from Los Angeles, Ca
17 September 2012

Finally having moved on from a harrowing experience with a vicious serial killer, a group of friends find themselves right back in the same situation as the events begin mirroring each other again and race to stop his newest rampage from being completed.

This here was a heavily flawed and rather troubling effort. The main focus of this is the continued references to part 1 and with their being so much referenced by the characters in regards to that one with only one flashback used to fill in the gaps somewhat, this made for an extremely confusing watch due to the fact that, with several of the cast coming back, all they do is talk about not letting it happen again and then worrying that it will once the events start to unfold, which resides mainly in kidnapping people. That's about it, not killing people or doing anything to them, just being a kidnapper and holding them hostage with ropes or handcuffs, not in any torturous traps or anything and that not only makes no sense, it doesn't make for a thrilling watch due to the utter lack of anything really impressive or scary throughout. That the finale in the lair during which they have to escape from a darkly-lit, creepy underground bunker makes the only good part of the whole film, and even then there's hardly any real gore, or even deaths to be had since they all escape from the situation anyway. A real mess and not really all that enjoyable.

Rated R: Graphic Violence and Graphic Language.

A pointless sequel...

Author: bluesfan2713 from United States
31 January 2013

The original was bad enough. Why in the world would they waste time and money on a sequel? The second one contains horrible dialogue ("I've been in this situation before.. Well I haven't but my husband has") poor acting and it's not even scary. The villain doesn't exhibit any of the same behavior as the first one. This movie may flashback to the original but I don't understand how the first movie takes place in the woods and for some reason this movie takes place in a dark facility. Only reason I gave this movie a 3 is because the surprising twist at the end caught me off guard and made for a somewhat interesting ending. Only sat through the sequel because I happened to stumble upon the original on Netflix.