When Twilight Sparkle receives two tickets from Princess Celestia to the Grand Galloping Gala, all of her friends want to gobut who will she choose?
Twilight Sparkle receives two tickets from Princess Celestia to the Grand Galloping Gala. When her friends find out, each of them wishes to go with her-
- Applejack dreams of taking her farm's apple products to the Gala and making enough money to help her family out.
- Rainbow Dash wants to use the Gala as a means to meet The Wonderbolts flying team (who are always in attendance).
- Pinkie Pie wishes to go for the party and festivities.
- Rarity wants to go in hopes of meeting (and possibly marrying) a handsome Prince.
- Fluttershy wishes to go to view the castle gardens and its rare variety of plants and animals.
Each of Twilight's friends present plausible reasons to go, but Twilight is unable to decide just who should get her extra ticket. Each of them attempts to win her favor by offering her food or doing chores, but she grows more and more exasperated at their attempts.
Pinkie soon lets slip to the rest of Ponyville about Twilight's extra ticket, and soon everyone is clamoring for it. Twilight and Spike barricade themselves in her library, but her friends are already there, causing her to cry out that she can't decide, and doesn't want to on the basis that it will displease the others. When her friends see how upset she is, they give up their attempts.
Twilight then has Spike send the tickets back with a note to the Princess, saying she doesn't want to attend if her friends can't. Surprisingly, the Princess sends back a response, with enough tickets for all 6 of them to attend!