IMDb > The Legend of Hallowdega (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Legend of Hallowdega More at IMDbPro »

An impossible premise and an expectedly disappointing outcome

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
12 June 2017

"The Legend of Hallowdega" is an American English-language short film from 2010. This one runs for 15 minutes and it is mostly known still because it was made by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Terry Gilliam back then. The script is by Emmy nominee Aaron Bergeron. The cast includes one or two names you may have come across in other projects already. This is a mockumentary basically as it combines the genre horror/fantasy with comedy with speed car racing. And this combination is in my opinion almost impossible to master to be honest. And even with a distinguished filmmaker like Gilliam in charge, it is not working out either when a duo of "scientists" examine the connections between car crashes (NASCAR) and supernatural occurrences. It is almost never funny in my opinion and it also is not really witty or even fantastic I must say. I myself am glad it was this short. I may be slightly biased as I have never been too big on Gilliam as others, so maybe if you really love the filmmaker you can still check it out, but I somehow also find it very different compared to his most known works, so even huge Gilliam fans may not see any appeal in here at all. Perhaps because of somebody else being in charge of the script. I give it a thumbs-down and suggest you watch something else instead.

Sports Drink Commercial????

Author: Horse_Caulk from United Kingdom
2 August 2011

I am embarrassed for Terry Gilliam. This "film" appears to be little more then a commercial for a lame topical sports drink masquerading as a short film?

Terry Gilliam, you suck.

Long ago you didn't, but now you do. You have lost "it" completely and absolutely.

The Terry Gilliam from the 80's and 90's would have first laughed at the current Terry Gilliam...then beat him about the face, neck, head, chest, back, and breast area with a pointed stick.

What happened to the man who brought us Brazil, Time Bandits, and pretty much all the other great films he directed from that era? That man is gone.

Terry Gilliam, you suck.