IMDb > Resident Evil: Damnation (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Biohazard: Damnation

Resident Evil: Damnation More at IMDbPro »Biohazard: Damnation (original title)

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Fun to watch

Author: Bruce Wayne from United States
18 September 2012

Of note, this is a movie. It will not scare the pants off of you like the games can. Understanding that it is not the game makes the film easily enjoyable.

The CGI is VERY well done and the English voice acting leaves little if anything to be desired. The storyline is simple and recurring characters are portrayed faithfully. The fight scenes are choreographed very well.

Leon seems to have more quips in this film, but those are forgiven in the light of everything else. Thankfully, he is starting to show a bit of weariness in his plight. JD steals the show for a short bit without detracting from the mood of the film. Ada is ruthless and manipulative as ever. All in all, a fun ride.

You do not need to have seen Resident Evil: Degeneration to enjoy this film, though I would suggest you see it anyway as it is a great film in its own right.

For fans of the video games, there is a treat to be had that is not on the cover.

This film, as well as Degenerations, are considered to be canon whereas the travesty known as the live action films are not.

Best resident evil movie yet!!!

Author: Greeny Amber Smith from vietnam
22 September 2012

I can't say anything more! it's amazing to me that Capcom and Sony have brought the best movie of the series to all of us, and importantly the fans of the video game. Resident Evil Damnation was a spectacular breakthrough, more interesting and better than RE: Degeneration. The Effect and CG was great to me, it showed the monsters extremely vividly, beautiful slow-motions. You must keep your eyes open all almost 2hrs because of the very-fast rhythm and nice action of Leon and Ada. The noteworthy thing is about the Lickers- fast,many and even they were the good assistants (know while watching!!!???). Dramatic has been pushed up to the climax when Leon and Buddy against 2 giant Tyrans. And that was the 2nd anniversary of Leon when he was getting on the brink of death to save someone (1st in RE Degeneration)!!! Will you have a good day off? So let's buy the DVD or Bluray from 25 Sep. and enjoy it, maybe you'll agree with my reviews. My rating: 9/10

Intense!

Author: Jaymz Smith from Canada
22 September 2012

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

Biohazard: Damnation ramps up the tension that Degeneration only started to create. This CG film is bigger, bolder and smarter in every aspect.

The voice acting is magnificent.

The characters have been improved and look more like their "game" selves.

The action is brutal and very fast paced. You'll be on the edge of your seat but at the same time pressed into it.

More of our favorite characters from the games are brought in to play. Without spoiling it, I'm gonna say that just about everyone who watches this film will gasp and laugh a few times at some of the reveals.

The plot is simple yet brilliant. It's suspenseful and very intense. It's just the right mix of action and horror.

Finally, the CGI is stunning. The first few opening scenes had me fooled into thinking it was live-action.

Overall, this is one that'll keep just about everyone - both fans of the games and fans of movies in general - happy.

Definitely better than Resident Evil: Retribution !!

Author: markhaazen from Netherlands
23 September 2012

Alright, THIS IS NOT A FAN REVIEW (for the people complaining that the score is caused by fan reviews) saw the movie and i have to say, i agree with the fan guys, its really good. Keeps you glued to the screen from start to finish with is action sequences and calm moments alike. The plot is beautifully twisted and the CG is top-notch (although the walking animation is a bit awkward at places). You'll see some old friends and some new faces as well. Compared to the last film with Mila Jovovich i'd say this (though shorter) is definitely better - a bigger punch in a smaller package.

see this one if you already haven't, its definitely worth it.

The BEST Resident Evil Movie to Date

Author: WakenPayne from Valhalla
28 September 2012

I am not kidding, you name any one of the movies - This one reigns above them all as superior. One thing that makes these anime's reign above the Paul WS Anderson movies (which are good for stupid action movies) is that these ones have DEPTH to characters. I truly cared about whether Leon and Buddy were going to stop these things as opposed to the Live action ones where I'm like "Another cool action sequence." I did like the imagination and thought put into some of the concepts here used in the film. The idea of somebody having the ability to control the monsters is a very good idea that (lets be honest) evens out the odds when the protagonists are facing something like Nemesis.

I am going to say something right now to clear things up - I think this is not only the best RE movie to date but the best video game adaptation. However, aside from these movies nothing too good or memorable has been done, The only other one I have seen in recent memory is Max Payne and that was truly awful (and offensive to a fan of the games like myself).

Resident Evil Retribution is one I will see but it has A LOT to surpass if they're EVEN THINKING about surpassing this one.

Leon FTW!

Author: alex_aka_nostunna from Sweden
21 September 2012

I've been waiting like a fat kid who wants candy to watch this movie and the candy was good. Once again i watch Leon S. Kennedy fighting bad guys but this time not Umbrella, he's stuck in a civil war in Europe between government ops and rebels.

The Plot was a little more than "good" but not excellent, i liked the first movie more but this movie was a little bit different. The feeling that i had watching this movie was kind of a widespread feeling but it felt good. I highly recommend people who love the RE:Franchise to watch the animated movies because these movies are more like the games.

These animated movies really capture buildings and the beautiful environment really good that makes the movie more pleasant. All from graphics to the sounds was RE-style which made this movie a killer.

WATCH THE MOVIE!

Good movie on its own

Author: mergatroid-1 from Canada
19 October 2012

I have not played any of the Resident Evil games, but am a fan of the movie series.

This movie apparently takes place in the game universe. I had purchased the first Resident Evil animation, but have not watched it in a while.

This movie stands quite well on its own. The plot is fairly straight forward. Mr cool guy spy had been ordered away from his vacation to check out a problem regarding prisoners of war in a war torn former soviet country. It turns out they were turned into BOWs (Bio Organic Weapons). These are basically humans that have been mutated by a weaponized virus into deadly creatures controlled by whoever has been infected with the master form of the virus.

The country is undergoing a revolution, and the rebels have resorted to using the BOWs against the army. Our hero tries to survive and fight until he can figure out who's controlling the BOWs, and discovers the rebels are not the only ones with BOWs, and there is in fact a much deadlier version right under his very nose.

Action packed all the way through. The animation is better than the first animated movie and the story and acting are great. I enjoyed every minute of it, and I think animation, horror and/or zombie fans will enjoy it too.

More Faithful and entertaining than the live action films

Author: johnboyjunior from United Kingdom
27 September 2012

Being a big Resident Evil fan who is constantly disappointed with the Mila Jovovich Resident Evil movies I was awesomely pleased with this movie.

The plot is simple, Leon Kennedy is sent to an European country to investigate the use of B.O.W.s in a civil war. Shortly after arriving he ''meets'' some local freedom fighters and things escalate from there.

There are quite a few nods to Resident Evil 2 (The game), the best of which was very unexpected but makes the climax of the movie pretty damn exciting. The movie itself feels very much like Resident Evil 4, which is no bad thing.

**MILD SPOILER** The characters from the games leon, Hunnigan and Ada act just the way they should. Ada turns up to antagonize Leon as usual, and their innuendo ridden to-ing and fro-ing continues.

It really says something about a CGI movie when it outclasses its live action counter part and Resident Evil Damnation does this in every way.

If you enjoyed the Paul W. S. Anderson directed Resident Evils...and I use the term ''Directed'' very...very loosely then you will love this movie. A Resident Evil movie...that Actually feels like a Resident Evil Game, Brilliant

Excellent Movie!

Author: Haalyle Awesome from Australia
30 October 2012

I loved this movie! Just saying it out straight! After getting it on Sunday night, I watched it twice in one night and am still not over it.

The graphics have been given a better improvement then Degeneration, but I would like to see an improvement in the lip synching. Other then that, it looked very good.

The plot is good too, I love how it it describes the civil war at the beginning of the movie. I think this was a nice touch and good way to start a movie.

The voice acting was perfect, although, playing RE6 better watching this, wasn't quite a good idea. And to me, it really got me to feel for the characters.

Resident Evil fans, I suggest picking this up more than Degeneration, now that's a good sign.

Great

Author: dacifu from Canada
12 October 2012

Loved it. The animation was superb, much better than the previous film. The story depart a bit from the original resident evil style, no zombies , but rather Lickers and some character from resident Evil 4 (the video game); however, sticks to the scene that a Resident Evil movie should be. Some people might not consider this a zombie movie but hey, are such thing as real zombies, is not a documentary that should be accurate is it's a movie and it's a fun movie with great action scenes, especially when the president lady fights Leon and Ada. The battle with the Nemesis was excellent. Excellent movie. Can't wait for another one. I highly recommended it.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]