IMDb > "Luther" Inside Look (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Luther" Inside Look (2010)

« Prev | 17 of 17 Episodes

Detective torn between solving serial killings and his attempts to rekindle his marriage.

Author: stevedonato from Florida on Gulf of Mexico, USA
23 March 2014

In an outstanding Detective show, Idris Elba is just a fantastic (new to me) actor. Unknown here in the States, but somehow this series has penetrated our borders, (without a passport via the internet), and has given us Yanks a great and entertaining show. Idris is a very skilled actor, along with all his co-stars, who present very credible characters. I can't wait for season 5. The Show; "Luther" follows the cases of a troubled yet brilliant English police detective, DCI John Luther (Idris Elba). He is torn between an unrelenting approach to solving serial killings and his attempts to rekindle his marriage. Luther is a highly charged emotional man who is not above stretching the law to solve a case or save a life. In episode one, Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson) proves she is equally brilliant. Alice develops a strange fascination for Luther and their continued exchanges and interplay serve as a backdrop for the rest of the season. Luther's edgy police tactics make him a serious concern to his superiors, feel that he is a threat to their reputations and that of the Police force. From the opening credits to the end of season one, "Luther" is a fast paced mystery presented with many plot twists and insights into the human psyche.