IMDb > "The Talk" (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Talk" More at IMDbPro »

Firing of Leah and Holly

Author: randyb55-1 from United States
6 October 2011

I didn't know Leah and Holly had been fired. I kept watching and there were different people. At first I thought Leah and Holly were on vacation or an assignment but when I found out they were never coming back and were actually fired! I stopped watching. Julie is annoying and the only reason that dumb show Big Brother is still on is because she's married to the boss. I don't know a soul who watches it. Now Julie has ruined the talk by firing two of the best host, because Sarah's too quiet, Sharon to whiny and Julie's just a plain snobby bore. They need to take the show off the air along with Big Brother. Leah was always funny and opinionated and so was Holly. They made the show.

The show is called "The Talk" not the "Julie Chen Show"

Author: geolar1604 from Canada
18 October 2011

I think that power has gone to Julie Chen's head & the only reason she has this show is because of her husband. My friends & I used to meet for coffee & watch The Talk. Not anymore. Leah & Holly should never have been let go. It is boring & with Sharon gone a lot of the time, it is really boring. Don't watch Big Brother because of Julie & now won't watch The Talk & I am not alone. Maybe Julie was jealous of Leah & Holly & needed to get rid of them for her sake not for the viewing public. Too bad Julie that you need to use your husband to threaten your co-hosts. You can't ride his coattails forever. This show won't last too long if you don't get your ego in check. The show is called "The Talk" not the "Julie Chen Show".

The Talk

Author: turdbanner from United States
26 January 2012

I'm rather disappointed, though not surprised, that 4-5 women that have rich husbands and nothing better to do with their time could only come up with a show like this, and have it aired. I came downstairs to find the TV on with this show, and the opening topic of discussion is the Arizona governor's finger in President Obama's face. Why is this so important? Is this some sort of act to have females pretend that they're being informed while the commercials are rolling on Lifetime? It really doesn't matter who gets fired and swapped out for whichever other faux 'important' celebrity because they basically talk about nothing. If I wanted to hear a few rambling women jibbar jabber about trivial nonsense while they interject with their unqualified and uninformed opinions on things I would go down to an IHOP or hang around a local church. It doesn't need to be a television program wasting space.

30 January Cristina Aguilera

Author: gpacheco2 from USA
30 January 2012

I was very disappointed in the hosts. They need to realize that their continued questioning of "What was running down Cristina's leg" was little more than bullying. They would be the first ones to condemn this as cruel and malicious "news" reporting had it been said about someone they cared for. I thought these ladies were there to bring upbeat topics to their listeners not further humiliate someone already hearing about this from all angles. Shame on you!

For the most part I enjoy the show. I did like Robin and thought she brought much to the show. I was very surprised that she was not brought back. Leah could be a bit annoying at times, but then most of the hosts have had their moments.

Show needs a little refining.

Author: psc2 from United States
12 August 2011

I watch the show whenever I can and usually enjoy it especially when you have guests whom I find interesting. The trouble I have with the show is, too much of the time the host/co-hosts are talking over one another. You have no idea what is being said because its just noise. As far as the host/co-hosts, I like them for the most part. Leah is a beautiful woman and at time can come up with something amusing, but she is entirely too loud, boisterous, and intrusive. When guests are on and she is butting in with her quips, usually loudly, I find that rude to the guest who is attempting to present the information, recipe, etc he or she is on the show to share. I realize she is a very animated person, but sometimes it is just a little too much for me to find entertaining.

The View Ripoff!

Author: Ben Grieve from Canada
8 September 2012

Before I review this show, I'll let you know that I'm a 20 year old guy that doesn't mind watching The View every so often.

With that said, I don't like The Talk at all. The only reason this "The View" ripoff is still on air is because Julie Chen is apart of its mess. Otherwise, it would have been cancelled before season 1 got a proper finish.

I can handle the banter in The View but The Talk is unbearable. They don't particularly talk over each other but its the subject matter and the things they say. Put a filter on these women!

All in all, The Talk is just not worth watching. If anything, try The View.

Keeps getting worse

Author: duraflex from Ohio
28 October 2011

The five women on the panel in no way reflect the demographics of the USA.

Clearly this show is trying to promote agendas that go against the grain.

Julie Chen is on because her husband runs CBS. Sara Gilbert is a lesbian. Sharon Osbourne is a nut married to a freak Figure out the others for yourself.

With Holly Robinson and Leah Remini gone, it's now completely unwatchable. They were both somewhat loud mouthed and off beat but at least they were married to men and both women had children.

In October 2011, I read that ratings are actually 25% lower than the 54 year old soap opera "AS THE WORLD TURNS" was one year ago in the same time slot on the same network.

THE TALK may be cheap to produce, but it's unbearable to watch.

Talk of racial commercials

Author: Mrbobcat from United States
16 February 2012

I watch the Talk almost everyday, but I have to say I'm disappointed in all the talk of race. On the show on 2/16/2012 they brought up commercials with Beyonce and Jennifer Lopes in them and took the commercial out of context to make it a race issue. They mentioned that on the commercial Beyonce is African American, American Indian and French, and Jennifer Lopez was Porto Rican. The commercial was about make up, and how it would cover any skin type. This is not a racial issue. They asked the stars what nationality they were and they told them. It was information only. The stars, I'm sure, wouldn't have done the commercial if they thought it was racial. If Jennifer Lopez wants to say she is Porto Rican, then she can say that. Who are you to dispute this? You group of woman made this commercial racist. Very few people would look at this commercial and think it was racial. They are trying to promote a product that works for all skin tone. So is saying skin tone racist too? It's programs like yours and the media that make everything a racial issue. I will not be watching The Talk again!

Aisha Tyler

Author: callahan-282-839838 from United States
2 February 2012

I have watched The Talk several times a week since it started airing.I was disappointed when Leah and Holly were not renewed. I didn't stop watching because I thought I would give the show more time. As of today I will no longer be watching .Aisha Tyler is the most opinionated person and I find her dreadful. She talks over the other hosts and the guests and her opinions are just that. They are her opinions and she seems to get upset if everyone does not agree with her. I do think the show premise is good and in my area it shows in the mid afternoon which is also good. I think the show is also lacking when Sharon Osborn is away. I am wondering if she will be leaving as America's Got Talent will be moving to New York. That could be the death knell for your show

Better Than The View

Author: Space814 from Typical Generic Suburb, USA
26 October 2010

Not much to say, considering there have only been a few episodes. I love Sharon, Leah and Sara. Holly is growing on me. Marissa hasn't been there enough for me to decide about her. The only one I can't figure out is Julie Chen. I hate "Big Brother" and shows like it, so I am having a hard time trying to relate to her. She just doesn't seem like talk show material.

Thank goodness this isn't a giant whine-fest like The View. Too many hens in the hen house on that other show. I'm hoping this is more matter-of-fact and less gossipy.

There is potential, here.