IMDb > "Falling Skies" Prisoner of War (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Falling Skies" Prisoner of War (2011)

« Prev | 3 of 52 Episodes | Next »

Complete waste of time and money..just AWFUL..

Author: birdsstone-82-685753 from United States
27 June 2011

Can the acting be anymore terrible? I mean really, the cast seem like straight out of acting school, and a bad one at that. How is it that a group of highly-intelligent race of aliens not have the technology as simple as infrared red?? The aliens should and would be able to see the humans just hiding around the corner of a building noticing their heat signatures. Humans have that capability, why wouldn't aliens? Also, the music in this show reminds me of some sort of patriotic propaganda B.S. Enough of the dramatic brass section please.

I find that Spielberg is just trying to make a mark into the Sci-Fi t.v. show phenomena and is doing a very horrible job. I guess he is just expecting people to go along with this show because of his name. I, for one, had to stop watching the recent episode because it was just so completely bad. Again, the acting is just god-awful. REAL Sci-Fi fans will agree that this show is lacking in story, acting, and substance.

I could find better thing to do with my Sunday evening, and I think you should too. If not, enjoy letting your brain cells be destroyed by this mindless, BORING, and sorry excuse for Sci-Fi entertainment..God help us all..

Boring...skies

Author: moraitis-1 from United States
20 June 2011

After all the build-up, this was a disappointment. No suspense, no thrills/chills, little action, just a lot of talking, talking, talking and more talking. And was ...Boring !!

Started without alien Invasion and just went straight to the story. Not what I have expected from director(s) like Steven Spielberg. Too much talking and less action.I think War of the worlds and Walking dead did a better job of post apocalyptic survival and was far better than this one.

On one side: The aliens, green, six-legged and known as Skitters. They have an army of bi-pedal robots armed with obligatory death rays that ruthlessly mow down any adult or child in their path. Teens are taken hostage to be rendered dead-eyed and compliant by nasty lobster-tail-like harnesses attached to their spines.

On the other: the Massachusetts 2nd, led by the tough but just Weaver (Will Patton) with Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) as his overly learned but still manly second in command, with pediatrician Anne Glass (Moon Bloodgood) providing medical assistance and humanism. Mason is our point man, a history professor with an expertise in the military, which enables him to lead Recon groups and make stirring comparisons to other oppressed but triumphant people.

I guess a press kit can buy good reviews.