My Babysitter's a Vampire (TV Series 2011–2012) Poster

15 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
A fun show
mrdink51310 July 2011
My seven year old daughter loves this show, she thinks it's funny and she thinks that the goofy blonde boy vampire is cute. We have been watching the show together, which is currently one of her favorite things to do this summer. The movie was well done and I was surprised it was on Disney, they usually tone down the bad guys and their actions in their shows to silly levels and they did not in this show. I think it's a cute idea for a regular show, and it has a Buffy crossed with Scooby Doo feel to it. The stories are simple but amusing, even to me. The special effects are good and the violence is really low key when it occurs, which as a parent I appreciate. The young cast are really good actors and they seem to be enjoying doing the show. My daughter and I both hope the show continues for another season or two.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nice show! :)
klb199124 August 2011
I love this show, and for the parent freaking out over it being "inappropriate" they have a time on Disney channel for kids it goes to noon. Shouldn't be that hard to avoid a show that airs late, and its not obscene, and she wasn't "making out" with anyone It was a peck like everything else on Disney. Do yourself a favor and switch to Disney.

Anyway I love this show and im 19 years old! So no I guess its not only children that watch the Disney channel. I love the characters. It's interesting and funny, I love that its not a typical Disney comedy and I love that there's no annoying laughter in the background! Anyway I recommend it :)
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Awesome show, glad is here.
Alex M. J. O.18 July 2011
This is an excellent show, I have no idea why the IMDb rating is 1.1, as I rated it 10. I've grown out of most shows in these channels, but this clearly caught my attention to watch kid channel's again.

They take a whole turn on teenage lives (very realistic show) and placed a fictional twist, as putting a new concept on vampires.

This was based on a movie, which I liked very much also. It doesn't deserve the such low rating it has. I'm proud yet again, to look up to a new summer show :).

Even though it paced really fast and are already planning for the second season, as the first one only has 13 episode.

-Alexx
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Odd show.
Brandon Hahn5 July 2011
Very entertaining show, my kids love it, although it DOES have a scary factor. If your kids get freaked out by zombie-looking people, i would not recommend this show, but if you think they are old and mature enough, I would recommend it. It does have slight comedic value, but most of it is action. Very entertaining show, my kids love it, although it DOES have a scary factor. If your kids get freaked out by zombie-looking people, i would not recommend this show, but if you think they are old and mature enough, I would recommend it. It does have slight comedic value, but most of it is action. I sometimes watch it with my 13 and 12 year old, so adults might like it too.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Pleasantly surprised
Kat Bridges29 July 2011
When I first saw the commercial's for the movie, I figured it would be awful. However, I enjoyed the episodes, so I did end up watching the movie and I loved it as well. Fact is, yes, it is aimed more at the teenage populace as opposed to the children, but we have to accept that Disney is not just a child based TV channel anymore, nor do only children watch it. I know a lot of parents are freaking about it. But Disney has two separate channels, one for children (DisneyXD) and one for regular ages. And even on the channel for regular ages it's all little kid's shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I really hope the series is taken up for a second season, despite some of the parents outrage. I'd suggest it to anyone around ten, and even my 8 year old sister loves it. It has a sweet story line. If you plan to allow your children to watch Wizards of Waverly place (which is JUST as bad) you should have no problem with allowing your kids to watch My Babysitter's A Vampire. Parents who don't approve due to the vampire's need to cool their jets and look past the supernatural element of the show and enjoy Disney as it always should be. Following the trends of the century and aiming to gain more than just child viewers. I am proud that Disney has decided to stop censoring every little detail of their shows and I hope they continue to make great shows like this. MBAV IS AWESOME!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
When 2 teenage boys go out searching for there babysitter they soon realize she is a vampire.
Kori1015 July 2011
This is the 1 of the most funniest best-est show i ever seen!!!!!! The characters are hilarious.This is a show i recommend everyone should watch. You can watch the show or movie. The show comes on every week Monday through Thursday on Disney channel 40 at 7:00pm!This is better then twilight. Its a comedy you would want to see. It's funny,sad,and entertaining. You will not be bored when you watch this. It's characters are hot,gorgeous,nerdy.This is a lovable show from the 1st episode.I liked the show because of supernatural wise. And how entertaining and interesting it is I watched the episodes first because I didn't see the movie and i loved it.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A brilliant Vamprie TV Series
skatamizz6 January 2012
An Excellent very entertaining TV show. staring Ethan; Vanessa Morgan - Sarah; Atticus Mitchell - Benny; Cameron Kennedy - Rory; Kate Todd - Erica. Suggested that is suitable for 11+ as the dark fantasy may not be child-friendly. Furthermore, not recommended for all Disney Channel watchers. A range of dramatic, exiting plots with funny moments. There is a contrast of quirky to hot, vampires/characters that make the program worth watching. A must-see TV program. The program may state if the episode may be disturbing or unsuitable for younger aged children before starting, so you must watch out for that. Ask for parental permission to watch before viewing if you are unsure. I personally love it and I am a teenager. Overall a action-packed, adventure brilliant vampire TV series.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
You Got This One Right, Disney!
FusionFall12310 December 2011
Yes. This is recommended. It is funny, adventurous, and quite action-y.

If you wont like this show, I don't know what will.

This reminds me of The Big Bang Theory. Yeah. It does. Two nerds. A girl. Comedy. Definitely a hit series.

If Walt Disney watched this, he would have tears of laughter and joy.

It has the adventure and comedy you need to fit everyday. Just watch it and you'll automatically love it (After two or three more episodes...)

Their theme song is nice too. I wish I could just memorize it, but I don't have the time for it.

Although, there is some errors that need to be fixed. 1.) Kind of short. 2.) Needs some kind of arc. 3.) Needs more main characters.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It's Freakn' Awesome!!!! ****May Contain Spoiler****
smileyyanny29 July 2012
I love this show! It's a fun twist on a fun supernatural species. I like how Sara sacrificed her fledge ling status for Ethan staying human at the end of season 1 and Benny is hilarious because he's so goofy. This is a show from Canada so it might be season 3 there while its in season 2 here in the U.S. My favorite character is Benny and my least favorite is Erika because before she became an attractive, popular vampire she was a mega nerd. But ever since she got bitten (she lost her fledge ling status the night she was turned because she turned Rory) she's been a super b- word and, somewhat, has no respect for human life and thinks human are food not friends, even though she was the bottom of the barrel before. But other than that the show is absolutely awesome! The title is funny and so is the show I think this is something anyone can watch. :)
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Nest Of Vampires In Whitechapel
bkoganbing9 September 2011
This Canadian series shown here on this side of the border by the Disney Channel has an engaging goofiness about it. It's not great, but it is pleasant and endurable.

It all started back in the film of the same title when young Matthew Knight who because he neglected to watch his baby sister now both have a babysitter. But both Knight and his friend Atticus Dean Mitchell are ecstatic beyond their wildest nerd dreams when they discover they've got super hottie Vanessa Morgan as the babysitter. But there is cause for concern when they discover My Babysitter's A Vampire.

The leader of the vampires is dealt with in the film, but there are quite a nest of them, including at their local high school. And of course there are other kinds of unearthly creatures to meet every week to take care of as the boys are trying to pass trigonometry.

As in the film the best and funniest character is Mitchell and Knight's friend Cameron Kennedy who was a cheerful nerd like them, but who becomes a vampire, but just can't quite get into the spirit of it.

The Canadians have an inside joke here that I wonder how many of the kids who watch this on both sides of the border get. The name of the fictional town they're from is Whitechapel and that of course is the London district where Jack the Ripper was doing his thing back two centuries ago.

Don't expect much from this, but I rather like it.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this