IMDb > Escapee (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Escapee

Escapee More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Uh, No, the Other Reviews are...

Author: dugsite from United States
30 October 2011

The other reviews are all undoubtedly from folks promoting this flick, and/or those with some monetary stake in the movie. Even if this movie were free (and it can be) don't waste the time it takes to watch it (oh crap, I did that, shame on me). It's a typical low budget, low energy, low intellect, low entertainment B movie wannabe. It doesn't even strive for mediocre but heads straight for the recycle bin.

Your time is better spent sleeping than watching this yawner. So take it from this review, or take it from all those shills that have posted those strangely positive reviews, it's ultimately your time to waste. I wish I had spent the time sleeping.

Escape from Escapee. Its Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 hours Ill never get back

Author: abien_aime from United States
2 November 2011

Listen trust me on this one. If you like bad acting bad direction bad and bad acting (Oh sorry did I say that twice?) then watch this movie. I am trying to figure out who paid the other reviewers to say this movie is good. First off the character development of the serial killer was not done very well. We don't know anything about him accept that he is a killer.We know Freddy's story, we know Jason's story whether we agree or not we have some incite into why some serial killers do what they do. The way some of the people get killed is just so plain predictable that I nearly feel asleep on this movie twice. Trust me on this, save 2 hours out of your life and do anything else with that time...

Terrible terrible movie!! Don't be sucked in by false reviews!! **Contains spoilers**

Author: katielou_rox from United Kingdom
6 November 2011

After reading the review on the page for this film i thought it sounded really good so was excited to see a good horror film. Dear oh dear how wrong was i!

Without giving too much away!.. The death scenes are a huuuuge disappointment, and do not compare at all to some of the decent horror films around these days!

The acting was mediocre, i found it hard to feel sorry for any of the characters. The storyline was a brilliant idea but was completely ruined by the terrible layout of the film, and rubbish ideas that did not keep the viewer interested! There were no shocks, and no big confrontations like you expect from a horror. The female main character had no real purpose in the film, and to say that the whole film was about a mental patient trying to track this girl down, there was no exciting ending when he finally did!!

I would never recommend this film to anyone! If anything i would warn people that it is two hours you will never get back!

Just another crap wasting time movie.

Author: funwiseman2 from United States
16 November 2011

Great? good? a must see? wow....guess this is their first movie they watched in their lives, those who said that. I regret wasting my time watching this movie, where all actors seem like robots and act and talk by remote control. Don't waste your time and better spending it in sleeping. Everything in this movie is not acting and the story even not logic and just making us like fools. I wonder, where the director learned to make a movie and where the producers got the money to waste it in this low level movie. I never seen a worst movie than this one in my whole life and never would imagine there are people who wasted their money in making it. once again, don't even try to watch it and waste your time and money. there are many things better to do than watching this bad movie. my rating is -0000000000

Waste of time

Author: hobonek-usa from Greece
15 November 2011

I saw the movie on DVD as a friend's choice. From the trailer I was unwilling to watch the movie & as it seems I was right. The film is tragically unacceptable & I believe that the producer, the director & the writer should be banned for life from the filming industry.

The story is full of blanks, the acting is below average & people is getting killed without any cause & explanation! The main character is a serial killer but we never learn anything about his life or mental illness.

As dugsite said: it's ultimately your time to waste. I wish I had spent the time sleeping

P.S.1 If I could vote 0/10, I would have done it

P.S.2 I can't understand what influenced the other reviewers to say this movie is a-must-see

When BAD just doesn't cover it...

Author: bob_bear from Germany
29 December 2011

This film is without doubt one of the worst piles of poo I've watched in years. The production values are so cheap. No artistic direction. No FX...other than a smoke machine. Corny, clichéd plot. No suspense. Rotten.

I actually feel sorry for the younger members of the cast. The acting wasn't that bad considering the sow's ear of a script they had to work with. And as we know, you can't make a silk purse from one.

What is laughably known as a storyline bears no examination. A maniac escapes a mental asylum and, apparently, the local sheriff's department can only manage to send six officers out to search for him. The media is not informed because they don't want to worry local residents (?!) and two potential victims are left home alone to wander about in the dark. Bunkum.

Said maniac makes his way to primary victim's home without any way of knowing where she lives. Oh, I could go on but you get the drift. It's utter rubbish.

That the talentless director also wrote the gawdawful script says it all. One can only wonder where he got the finances to bring his "vision" straight to DVD -- and thereafter, to the bargain bin.

Don't watch. It stinks.

Nothing special!

Author: contactacb from United Kingdom
28 December 2011

Warning - May Include Spoilers!

You have been warned!

This isn't the worst film ever & it successfully bucks the current trend of films of this genre of having to use nudity, profanity and extreme gore to get attention.

But it is a little too subtle, too slow and with numerous plot holes.

When it ended (& I guessed it was just about to end before it did) I did think "Is that it?" Even by Movie standards the film features the most inept law enforcement and insecure secure mental facility ever seen, which doesn't help the credibility of the film.

Tension builders were predictable, tailed off before creating much suspense & the twists could easily be guessed in advance.

The supposed serial killer character wasn't supported by the back-story, he was the more typical 'domestic' type killer - single known victim. The character portrayal by Dominic Purcell was wasted, he did a good job but the material let him down.

Plenty of pretty people in the film, but little opportunity for decent acting! If it's on special offer it might be worth a shot if you want a change from current 'in your face' horror/suspense, but I wouldn't pay full rate for this.

A murderer is caught and put in a mental hospital from which he escapes and goes after a girl

Author: marianadulantob from Oslo
17 March 2012

The "Escapee" is by far one of the worst movies ever: bad acting, terrible script, repeating lines, no correlation... some lines can't even be understood. The plot is really poor and has a couple of gaps. Then, mistakes in costume, the stage design is cheap and seems that it was set randomly. This is a movie where the whole production apparently simply didn't care and neither did the director or the actors. Certainly there was not one thought put behind this movie. Just by watching the first 10 minutes you will feel disrespected as a viewer because there is no effort put into it, simply mistake after mistake. (We paid $13 for it). This movie is not worth 0.25 cents. AWFUL. DON'T WATCH IT.

I Should Have Escapee!!!

Author: manjodude
10 April 2012

OK, I found the poster promising, so I bought this DVD.

Initially it seemed to keep upto my expectation with the creepy opening scene of the psycho leaving his victim as a trophy in the woods. Also, for a few more scenes, the suspense & the tension does not drop. I braced myself for the next strike from the madman. I braced, I braced and I braced. And that's all I was doing! Soon the movie moved tediously. Seems the killer decides to stalk his victims at his own sweet pace(much to our madness!) while our pretty girls jump at every Tom, Dick & Harry noise out there! And there are certain "exposing" conversations between our characters that's supposed to shock or keep us glued to what's happening but instead confuses us as they don't make any sense. If they could have done away with these unnecessary dialogs, the story could have been more engaging to me.

I appreciate the performances(at least some) though like Dominic Purcell as the psycho. His glaring looks & cold body language did decent justice to his character. Even Evangelista as Abby did pretty well. Rest of the actors were average.

It's just a movie but at the end of the day, I still wish the plot had made more sense.

Verdict: Learn from my mistake and escapee far away from this movie!

I Feel Bad Dominic Purcell Agreed To This

Author: gavin6942 from United States
5 April 2013

This film hardly deserves a solid, serious review. We have Dominic Purcell as a man who is locked up and one day sees a student on a field trip and apparently becomes obsessed with her. He breaks out ,and begins tracking her down.

Now, first of all, I feel bad that Purcell is involved in a "prison break" film, because he should really be trying to move away from such things. But anyway, he is the best part of this train wreck of a film. The plot is convoluted, it just seems to go where it wants... they could have had a violent psychopath killing people or a teen slasher, but it seems like they wanted this and something a bit more intelligent -- a combination they were not ready to pull off.

This is not the worst film I have seen this year, and probably not the worst film I have seen this month... but I would strongly advise people to watch just about anything else.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]