IMDb > "SGU Stargate Universe" The Hunt (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"SGU Stargate Universe" The Hunt (2011)

« Prev | 36 of 40 Episodes | Next »

just like the old SG-1

Author: 10laRDan1i from Turkey
16 April 2011

As a sci-fi fan I have been watching all the episodes of SGU although it is clearly a disaster for the Stargate franchise right from the beginning. I admit that SGU might have its own fans but I am not one of them. SG-1 was one of the best sci-fi TV series and SGA was OKish when compared to SG-1.

However, this episode of SGU was by far the best episode of the series as a part of the Stargate franchise. First of all there was a new planet! A sense of discovering the "universe". Secondly, there was action! Not just talking and talking...Thirdly, there were little bits of humor and romance. And the mixture of these made the SG-1 that successful.

Apart from these similarities to SG-1, there were some "unique" aspects, like telling different short stories in the same episode, character development for less-important characters...

I know that SGU will stay on the "dark-psycho-sci-fi" concept but still this episode was a good one, at least for the "conventional" sci-fi fans.

clichés holding hands

Author: rob o'cop from japan
14 April 2011

hard to believe they wasted one of the few remaining episodes they have left on this tired old story of hunter and prey. We've seen this one dimensional story told time and time again, so much so that you'd think that no one would bother with it if they actually had a decent story to tell. oh and the dialog, "you bring her back"..... please tell me I heard wrong and the writers didn't slip that one into an already tired story line. Are these episode scripts computer generated from known existing scripts? What a sorry fall from grace for the Stargate franchise. It just doesn't make sense that the writers who bought us the previous content have inflicted the present series on us.