IMDb > October Baby (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
October Baby

October Baby More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]

Truly every life is beautiful.

Author: Ethan Trawick from United States
31 October 2011

This is a very deep stirring story that was worth every minute of my time. OctoberBaby doesn't throw any message in the viewers face, it just focuses on telling a story on a very emotional topic without pushing any agendas. I'm actually really surprised more directors don't tackle sensitive emotional issues like this to make stories resonate more personally with the audience... The acting seemed so spot on too. The entire cast acted as if that was ACTUALLY their story they were telling and it really made the performances shine through. OctoberBaby contained a very good mix of intense heart wrenching scenes broken up by light hearted comedy and minor romantic scenes. I'd recommend this movie to anyone and everyone as it is completely family friendly in my opinion. So far I've seen it 3 times with a number of people, and everyone I've invited has bawled their eyes out, even my ex-military dad!

What The....?

Author: Anton Wang from United States
26 March 2012

Most faith-based funded "indie" movies I find are cheesy, a little preachy, and lacks flow. I find this movie to be an exception and it was thoroughly enjoyable to watch. I did find myself pre-judging the film, but Jasmine Guy's (the nurse) performance is superb and convinced me otherwise along w/ the main character who also made it believable if not lovable. Making a movie is an Art and for such a string budget (it would be unfair to judge it w/ huge budgeted Hollywood films). Nevertheless, it's greatly crafted. As someone w/ a buddhist and confucian background, my outlook is a from a different angle favoring this movie in how it conveys the perpetual cycle of cause and effects. In this case, suffering and self-hatred in need of healing and forgiveness. The film is classy in a sense that it does not condemn or vilify the characters it contrast. It's not good guys vs. bad guys. With that said, no matter what beliefs one prescribes to, I hope viewers will not condemn the film's work w/ pre-conceived prejudices just because it challenges their ideas.

Very Touching Movie

Author: rfurbert from United States
23 March 2012

My husband and I went to see this today. I did not have high expectations, but this movie totally touched my heart.

All of the actors (except for a couple of the smaller characters) gave exceptional performances. Jasmine Guy gave an especially moving performance and really surprised me. Who knew that she was such a strong actress?? The story really makes you think, and I believe that the subject matter was fleshed out in a really authentic, heartfelt way.

I don't know what else to say except that my husband and I both got teary in the movie and that we left the theater feeling good that we spent our money on "October Baby."

I hope that many other people will take a chance and give this movie a try. I'm not sure why people only gave it a 4 1/2 out of 10. I definitely felt that it was an EXCELLENT movie.

Excellent film--moving and humorous--exceeded all expectations

Author: janscruggs from birmingham, AL
30 October 2011

This is an emotionally moving film that is entertaining for all ages. As the mother of three adopted children,I think this film is a must-see for all that want to understand more about the heart-ripping journey that all adopted children must take as they come to terms with being rejected by one family and wanted by another. It is subtle in its Christian message, but strong with the theme of unconditional love and forgiveness. The acting, directing, and producing is SUPERB, and it does not look like a film that skimped on budget in any of these areas. There was not a "dry eye in the house" because all ages were touched by this hurting teenager searching for meaning to her life. We have all been there. Please encourage others to see this movie so that it will be shown in more theaters across the country. THIS is the kind of movie that America is longing for.

Fabulous Film!

Author: therobinson7 from United States
31 October 2011

I highly recommend this film. It is unique and relevant, especially today when Hollywood seems to be simply telling the same stories over and over again in different ways with different actors. This is a movie I'll see again and one that I will own when it's available on DVD. The message of this film is powerful, even life-changing. An eye opener for some, and healing for others perhaps. The quality of production was top notch. The acting was wonderful, not only from the familiar faces but also from the newcomers to the big screen. I understand why the movie is PG-13, but it's certainly not rated that due to inappropriate material, it's due to the more mature story line. I would recommend this film to anyone, we were very impressed.

We care!

Author: holyhearts from USA
3 November 2011

There are so many people in deep emotional pain. This movie heals and gives us hope with humor and gentleness. I recommend it to everyone. Even though we aren't all going through the same thing as the main characters in the movie, the under lying messages apply to us all and are very helpful.

The trailer caused me to expect a mostly heavy painful story line but I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of well done comedy that caused the teens in my house to quote lines in the movie through out the week just for fun.

The photography was some of the best I've ever seen. It had a way of telling the story, almost making the words unnecessary.

The best part of "October Baby" to me is it's ability to touch so many deeply painful subjects without vilifying anyone and still be very believable.

well-made, heartwarming, life-changing

Author: beehive4 from United States
23 March 2012

I am so glad we went to see this movie last night. I have no personal history with either abortion or adoption, and this movie let me see into the real world of both of these experiences. The good, the bad, and the ugly. The acting was phenomenal. I loved seeing familiar faces from back in the day - Bo Duke from Dukes of Hazzard and Whitley from It's a Different World. Chris Sligh from American Idol was really funny; my husband and I were laughing out loud. Who knew he had an amazing voice and could act so well too? I personally would not take my children to see this movie, but it would be appropriate for anyone older than 12, in my opinion. I wish they would make more movies like this one in Hollywood. Finally something different from the usual story lines. It's refreshing! I will definitely be buying this movie when it comes out on DVD. It's life-changing. It reminded me to appreciate my parents and family.

A Powerful Movie

Author: dsteward-302-729571 from United States
25 February 2012

I saw October Baby a couple of days ago, and this is a powerful movie that shows how God can bring beauty from our most painful experiences. I was concerned how the film would portray this difficult, sensitive and polarizing issue, but it was well-balanced and exhibited compassion for every character. I found myself completely caught up in the story and never got the feeling that the movie was dragging. I have a 14-year-old daughter and would not hesitate to let her see this movie; however, I believe the subject matter is a little strong for children under 13. If you are looking for a movie that honors God and his power to redeem and heal,this is a must see.

A must see, like nothing you've ever seen before.

Author: Susan Lytle from United States
17 February 2012

INCREDIBLE. ARTISTICALLY EXCELLENT. NON-JUDGMENTAL. POWERFUL. INSPIRING. TIMELY. NECESSARY.

Saw the screening last night and it surpassed all expectations!!! From the minute it begins it draws you in and doesn't let go. When you think you have it all figured out, it goes in a direction you never expected. The acting leaves you wondering if you are watching a movie or real life. The theme of this film could have gone in so many other directions and been a disaster. But OctoberBaby is truly excellent. Plan on seeing it when it opens in theaters on March 23. You will see one of the rare films that is well worth the $$!!

A road trip story with laughs and heart.

Author: hamilmckerley from United States
6 November 2011

I went in thinking this was going to be something of a "chick flick" only to find out it was much more fun and had way more depth than that categorization would normally imply. A coming of age road trip filled with laughter,soul searching and twists that will leave you cheering for all the best things in others and, in the end, you may even find out a little something about yourself. I would recommend this for anyone over ten years old and this makes a wonderful film for the whole family. I saw it on a limited release in Alabama but I understand it will be released again nationwide next spring; I'm definitely going to see it again then as well; it's THAT good!

Page 1 of 9:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [Next]