IMDb > Raymond Did It (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Raymond Did It More at IMDbPro »

Don't believe the reviews

Author: Kathini from Australia
2 September 2014

I expected this to a semi-decent because of the 5.8 rating... It's just plain awful. This is coming from someone who enjoys cheesy/bad horror movies.

This is the first review I have ever bothered writing because the rating for this film is just so far off the mark. The acting is terrible and the filming is terrible. This is the kind of movie I would expect to come on one of those horrible $2 10-pack DVD's that you can buy at discount stores. I was very excited to sit down and just enjoy a movie and relax, but I turned this off after about 15 minutes, it completely ruined my mood to watch a movie.

Don't waste your time, watch something else.

Truck load of garbage

Author: burgif from Australia
27 September 2014

Centuries ago; a deaf guy called Beethoven composed the most eloquent master piece , it was Ode to Joy, he could not hear it but felt it with his heart, mere music without lyrics or fat asses to promote it (like Shakira or Beyonce), divine music that will endure time itself. Oh I was supposed to talk about this vile piece of who knows what; marketed as a movie (Raymond Did It) there was an entire team behind this work from the producer to the director, cinematographer, actors, doubles, sound people etc. none of them had the weight of a toe nail clipping of real artists like our deaf friend Beethoven. It is a waste of resources, time and possible talent, I have no idea why people will go this extra mile to come up with such garbage, if they are betting on the taste of people to go bad and accept their garbage then I guess my intro prove them wrong as up to date Beethoven the deaf still kicking butts in the art arena

It had heart and spirit, but ultimately not an outstanding movie...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
6 September 2014

"Raymond Did It" is not a memorable slasher movie, nor is it a super scary movie. What the movie had working for it was the heart and spirit behind the movie, despite it being an amateurish result.

The story is about mentally challenged Raymond who is wrongfully blamed for the murder of his brother at the age of thirteen. Six years later, those responsible have all suppressed the events six years ago, all save one woman. And when hearing the news on the radio that convicted killer Raymond has escaped from the institution where he was, old wounds are ripped open and what was once a secret becomes a terrible reality.

Story-wise, then "Raymond Did It" was adequate, although there were no scary moments throughout the entire movie. The story progressed at a fairly good pace, and people seemed to have fun making this movie.

While this is not a multi-million dollar production, then the film makers did manage to pull it off well enough, and for a movie of this production value, then it wasn't all that bad.

I was a bit thrown off when the segment with the thirteen year old was on the screen, because those actors didn't do a rather good job to say the least. But luckily that was made up for later on as the movie progressed to six years later. Granted, it is not award winning performances, but people were doing adequate jobs.

All in all, then the movie, while having the heart and spirit in the right place, wasn't particularly memorable or outstanding. And t hat is the reason for the relatively low rating of 3 stars that I am rating it.

Flawed but overall entertaining.

Author: TimMasson26 from United States
6 December 2011

Raymond Did It is another generic "Halloween" inspired horror film done on a very small budget, and much like all its peers, its very flawed, but unlike most, its actually entertaining. The casting of "Scream Queens" stars was definitely a good choice not only for the value the two currently have in the horror community, but also because Felton is actually quite talented. The acting ranges from terrible in the early scenes with younger actors, but once the main story gets started, it ranges from acceptable to decent. Despite a fairly low body count, the gore is actually done pretty well. The one thing which most greatly separates this film from many of its kind, is that they know there limitations. They realized that it would be near impossible to have and highly suspenseful film, and just went for sheer entertainment value, which was the right decisions. There are certainly much better horror films, but this in no way ranks in the bottom of the barrel, and as long as you know what to expect, i don't think you will be a disappointed viewer.

If YOU DID it,Don't blame Raymond or else...Baaaaad thangs commence !

Author: Chris Mackey (guestar57) from United States
9 March 2011

This is very well done and yet disgusting in execution ( pun intended ). I thought the lead bad girl was familiar at didn't cheat and check out Facebook or IMDb before the end of movie. Elissa Dowling is unique and talented and can play a horrible vamp and not shed a tear. The deaths are unique and yet,Almost Amusing. Will never look at a shower curtain rod,wash machine,lawn mower or duct tape and hoodies in the same way…No matter how much Visine gets the red out. Travis Legge did an excellent job on directing and writing. Great poster that is grindhouse and lurid,That was the goal,We hope. Deserves to win more festivals and get a wide release on DVD and internet play.