1) Graphics are horrible. We are in 2012, it should not be too much to expect MMO that demands decently built PC to run. Instead what was supposed to be greatest next MMO, ... Orcs Must Die 2 has superior graphics, and that game has very, very simple graphics. GW2 looks about as bad as Aion and Tera.
2) Game mechanics are "push 1, 2, 3, 4" I'm sure some people love mindless pressing of buttons in sequence, but I do not. Obviously it makes it easy for everybody to play, but it also makes it extremely boring as well. Yes, some people don't find it boring, and they play EQ (the first one), or WOW for decade, but those people are more an exception than rule. Most of us move on when novelty wears off.
3) It doesn't even come near justifying hype that got built up around it. Comparable to Starcraft 2. Everybody you talk to saying "oh, yeah, it will reinvent gaming, blah, blah". Well, it did nothing of the sort. Few scripted events that sub for quests, that is not innovative.
4) Plenty of paid reviews that give it great scores. Too bad that people that wrote them don't seem to be playing same game I did.
5) It just is NOT fun. I suggest you wait til it has free trial, don't waste your money like I did.
Originally I intended to write 10 points, but lets just be honest here, this game is not worth wasting that much time on it.
0 of 33 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?