IMDb > Piranha 3DD (2012) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Just Pathetic

Author: DoctorRabbit from United States
1 June 2012

Well this was a huge disappointment! I really liked the first Piranha 3D film so I was looking forward to this. This is a lazy, lifeless, and pointless sequel that had no business being made. Instead of being so bad it's good like the first film, this one is just so bad it's terrible. For starters, the first Piranha film actually had likable characters and somewhat of a plot to it. This one has the thinest of a plot you can get and the characters are incredibly lifeless and not even the main character serves any purpose to the film at all. You'd think that with this being a sequel they would amp up the gore and deaths, but the deaths in this one are actually tamer than the first and there's actually less of them. The film tries to be much more of a comedy this time around by adding more humor which all of it falls flat. The humor in this film is so awful and outdated thats it's hard to believe anyone over the age of 13 actually wrote this film. But, what really annoyed me about this film is just how damn stupid it is! The writers couldn't even come up with a decent way to get these characters in a situation to set up a death scene and instead have them do something really stupid or come up with a really stupid reason to get them in a situation that sets up a lame death. The acting here (even though it's suppose to be bad) is bad even for a B-Movie. And just when you think you will finally get a payoff after sitting through 55 minutes of crap, the film presents you with a lazy and totally underwhelming climax that is filmed so poorly that most of the time you can't even tell what is going on (And this really sucks because that was the highlight of the first film). And then, the film presents us with an ending so stupid and forced that even those who can suspend their disbelief the most will be left frustrated with just how incredibly stupid the ending is. The film is a short (althought it feels much longer) 70 minutes followed by 11 minutes of credits that include a ton of lame outtakes. I can now see why The Weinstein Company decided to only release this in barely any theaters and just put in on VOD. I still can't believe how bad this movie was. The director John Gulager shouldn't ever be allowed to be involved with a film ever again because this guy can't direct to save his life. Alexandre Aja who directed the first film actually understood the material he was working with. John Gulager had no idea what the hell he was doing and just decided the wip out a POS to make a quick buck because he obviously didn't care about this film at all and just wanted to get paid. As far as the cameo's in the film go, Gary Busey is only in the films opening scene and is wasted (the only thing we get to see him do is light a cow's farts on fire). Ving Rhames cameo doesn't just feel forced, but also is just really pathetic and sad to watch. The only positive things I can say about this film was that David Hasselfhoff's scenes are actually chuckle worthy and there's a lot of gorgeous nude women on screen many times. Even though i'm only giving the film 1/2 a star, that feels generous. This film could've really been a blast and fun just like the first one was, but it really is just an atrocity of a film that not even the biggest fans of the first one will enjoy. If you are looking for a fun B-Movie, go rent Piranha 3D and just forget that this film even exist. Piranha 3DD tries to so self-award of itself that it just ends up being exactly what it's parodying.

CRAP to an EXTREME

Author: Lucas Baker from United States
27 June 2012

Wow. Just wow. Let me note that I enjoyed the first Piranha, and went into this movie with an open mind (despite horrible reviews). What a absolutely HORRIBLE sequel. The time around, the directors have obviously run out of ideas. It was a sequel to a movie that didn't need a sequel. You can only get about 1 good movie from a concept as simple as piranhas, and that's all but clear, seeing as this movie sucked. First of all, this movie is disgusting. You see a fat mans bloody ass, the tip of a severed penis, gore galore (and not the good kind...the bad overly bloody fake looking kind), and a piranha that swam up a girls v- a-g. At points you could tell the piranha's were puppets, and the puns were cheesy one liners at best. The whole film made me nauseous, and the deaths of several people were fake as fake can be. A guy gets decapitated from a yellow flag ribbon...yah...that's right...a guy's head gets severed (though the neck bone and all), by a piece of plastic that is soft, stretchy, only about 1 nano-meter thick, and not even sharp. There is also a guy who gets skewered through the eye, because of an explosion that caused a trident to have impeccable aim falling from the sky. Also, one of the main characters has enough aim to skewer a bag of chips and a piranha perfectly from a good 20 feet away, which begs the question of how he is a lifeguard. The whole film makes no sense, with a girl who has a seizure while having sex (due to a piranha inside her)only to come back to life once a guy severs his pen!s, and the kick- butt black man from the first movie has a shot gun leg. And finally, the ending sucked to an extreme. The piranhas have now begun to walk (or really hop), at the end, only to cut off the entire head of a really nice innocent kid, just for a cheesy one liner that wasn't even funny. In short, this movie is complete an utter crap. Avoid watching (unless you like stupid, gross, and fake movies).

Good for a laugh, familiar faces

Author: Broadbean from Sydney, Australia
10 June 2012

This was more enjoyable than I thought. The acting was not as bad as some of the reviewers say, and for a film that doesn't take itself seriously, neither should you. I actually didn't mind the movie being short, after all it was always hard to stretch the storyline more than an hour.

The whole movie was more like a spoof, and somehow I felt Christopher Lloyd, Ving Rhames and of course The Hoff all added to the fun. The Hoff in particular was great. His role really suited him. He also had a bit more screen time than I would've thought.

I didn't see this in 3D, and I'm not sure if that would've changed my rating. There was a fair bit of gratuitous nudity, but I suppose the gratuitous gore balances that out.

So if you find gratuitous blood, body parts and boobs (and screaming) hilarious, this movie is worth a look over a beer and popcorn. And if you don't like it, it will be over before you know it.

Lowest common denominator garbage

Author: robert haynes from South Africa
17 June 2012

This has to be the absolute nadir of genre film-making. A 20 million dollar budget to produce this crap, ten decent low budget features could have been produced for the same price.

Performances that range from embarrassing to "oh my god what was that?" Visual effects that set the digital revolution back about ten years. Some of the worst one liners in the recent history of cinema and a silly extended but unfunny cameo from the Hoff himself.

All this negative criticism is coming from someone who rated the first one an eight, but the director here seems to have fallen asleep in his chair and forgotten to pen a halfway decent script. A handful of pre-pubescent boys out there may find the barrage of boobs enough to sustain its scant 80 odd minutes - I didn't! Utter garbage!

Shutdown Your Brain and Enjoy This Gross and Funny B-Movie

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
24 November 2012

Lake Victory is a dead place after the tragic events with the invasion of prehistoric flesh-eaters piranhas.

In Cross Lake, Merkin County, the greedy Chet (David Koechner) opens The Big Wet Water Park against the will of his stepdaughter Maddy (Danielle Panabaker). When the van of her friends Travis (Paul James Jordan) and Ashley (Meagan Tandy) is found in the water and the couple is missing, Maddy and her friend Shelby (Katrina Bowden) miss them and they talk on a wooden deck on the lake; out of the blue, they are attacked by piranhas.

Maddy visits the specialist in piranhas Mr. Carl Goodman (Christopher Lloyd) with her former school friend Barry (Matt Bush), who works at The Big Wet, and with her former boyfriend, Deputy Kyle (Chris Zylka), and they discover piranhas in the lake. However Chet refuses to shutdown his water park and soon his costumers are under the attack of the fearful piranhas.

I saw "Piranha 3DD" on DVD and I found it a gross and funny B-Movie, with stupid but hilarious characters. The director knows the B-movie formula, with teats and beautiful girls. Christopher Lloyd has become stereotyped as the mad scientist in American comedies in the end of his career. The uncredited Ving Rhames afraid of the water and shooting with his leg is comical. But David Hasselhoff steals the movie making fun of himself as the most famous lifeguard of all times. If you shutdown your brain, you will certainly enjoy this movie. My vote is six.

Title (Brazil): "Piranha 2" ("Piranha 2")

One of the worst films ever made - and not in a good way

Author: PimpHandStrong from United States
12 June 2012

The first Piranha surprised audiences in 2010 with its wit, over the top nudity, and excessive gore. It never took itself seriously and had a solid cast. This follow-up to the 2010 movie is just honestly embarrassing. It had all the elements that the first movie had, but everything goes horribly wrong with incompetent direction, laughably bad acting and dialogue, and some of the cheapest gore effects I've ever seen.

Why is this movie so bad? Let's start with the plot - there is none. If you can buy the premise that piranhas are going to go in underground lakes and somehow end up in a water park swimming, well then I have a bridge to sell you as well. The characters are all terrible. The one couple in the van early on exists only to die, no other purpose, no even attempted development. Yet later we see other characters mourning their disappearance, only it's forgotten 5 minutes later. The one scene that people will probably remember involves a girl that had a piranha swim up her lady parts (and somehow survive) only to bite her boyfriend's penis during intercourse. Trying to be inventive there, but really just shows the lack of any restraint with this movie. But even if you think the plot and acting are atrocious, at least there will be good gore, right? Wrong. The gore effects can be described in one word: cheap. The special effects with the piranhas are terrible too - you wonder where they spent $20 million on this movie. Not to mention, the inevitable massacre scene is shot so poorly that it has zero coherence and lacks any punch. It looks like they just poured some red dye in the pool and hired a few extras to flop around. The massacre scene in the first film had some of the best gore effects I'd ever seen. This is a joke of a follow-up.

So which actors disgraced themselves for a paycheck? There is a cameo by David Hasselhoff where he's basically mocking himself, but you have to wonder what is going through his head when his character mutters "Welcome to rock bottom." I wonder if the irony is lost on this man. David Koechner is just obnoxious and terrible. Jerry O'Connell played this type of character way better in the first film. Every time Koechner was on screen, I was just wanting him to get killed off already.

And also surprisingly, we don't even get any good nudity. All the extras they hired for this movie look like washed up strippers. None of the cute female leads goes topless. Maybe they ran out of budget and couldn't pay them enough to do it.

I have a feeling that 95% of the people involved in this film will ever have meaningful work in Hollywood again (thankfully). Don't waste your time.

Crap not worth it!!!

Author: rawzwar from chicago
2 June 2012

OMG they totally MESSED up this movie.. How do you go from the better story line and funny lines and all to this bad acting, stupid story just plain awful!! not worth 3d shouldn't even be a 3d movie are you kidding me.. I was so looking forward to this after how the first one was and ended great. I mean this one was funny and all but come on seriously BAD BAD BAD!!! VERY Disappointed... DIMENSION FILMS I WANT A REFUND!!!! It started out OK but then just was crap i waisted two hrs of my life i wont get back.. Just answer me how van this even be made... wow!!! very bad !!!!!!!!! MOVIE!!!!! awful... really wanted to see a well made movie just am very mad should've went straight to DVD.....

Fails on almost every level!

Author: MaybeTomorrow from Netherlands
28 June 2012

I had high hopes for this film. I absolutely LOVED Alexandre Aja's Piranha film. But everything that made that movie work, is nowhere to be found in this film. Sure, it features lots of blood and lots of nudity but it lacks all the fun. The only funny thing worth mentioning is David Hasselhof's role and when that man is the only funny thing in your film, you've got a problem. The kills are lame, the characters are beyond stupid (i know these movies aren't about the characters, but they could at least TRY) and it's all too exaggerated to be fun. My recommendation: Skip this one and just watch Alexandre Aja's film or the original 1978 classic again. 4/10

Skip this one if you are fan of decent stuff

Author: Kailash Kumar from India
28 July 2012

No decent story, writer must have finished it over coffee break. Its all about crazy ways to kill a crowd within minutes. Tries very hard, at times, to be entertaining. But, apart from 2 or 3 moments, its a no-show.

Trust me, if you don't want to see senseless killing, you may think of something else to do. Anything but this. Next they will come up with Piranha-3. And to extend the series further, someone on phone will claim that Piranhas can talk or fly or can change shapes or whatever. Time to wrap this up. I don't think this subject can get downhill anymore than it already has.

makes the first one look like the best horror movie ever made!

Author: Dominik Schlatter from Switzerland
15 June 2012

Has anyone ever watched Severance? Now there's a beautiful example of a horror movie with just the right amount of pitch black humor. I loved it!

This total piece of garbage? Oh, please! I have to dig deep into the Steven Seagal archive to find movies that are equally uninspired. It doesn't work as a horror movie (no suspense!) and it sure as hell doesn't work as a comedy (bad, lame and sick jokes at best!). The worst part is that only after one hour does the movie decide to wanna be a comedy as well. Until then they desperately try to create suspenseful scenes, in which people almost get bitten. It's like saying: "Well, we just can't seem to make it scary. Let's turn it into a travesty. Ideas? Anyone? Say what? A fish inside of her...? And then it bites into his...? Awesome! Let's do this. Quick, guys, before I get sober again!"

Do you know what made the first one good? It packs a brutal punch but still finds the time to tell a story and develop some characters.

3DD fails to deliver on all fronts. Just awful!

Let me put it this way: The director wanted 'Lethal Weapon 2' but out came 'The Naked Gun' instead. Only without ANY quality and no Leslie Nielsen. See what I mean?

Stay clear of this movie!! You were warned!!!

Page 1 of 17:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]