IMDb > A Crush on You (2011) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Crush on You (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Pleasant

Author: boblipton from New York City
14 June 2011

This is another pleasantly executed Hallmark Channel romantic comedy without much in the way of jokes: a comedy in the classic sense of a progression from an unhappy state of affairs to a good one, instead of the modern on of a story with jokes and gags. It's a story of mistaken identity as the handsome lead spots the fetching Second Woman, gets the wrong email address and tries to court her via email as a secret admirer -- only to actually be sending his messages to her similarly named, equally attractive -- albeit in a different manner -- coworker, who turns out to be his soul mate.

Everyone is attractive and very nice and if the final happy romantic-looking happy ending is prefigured about fifteen minutes in, that's the way these things are written these days. It's a pleasant little time waster.

Really?

Author: HallmarkMovieBuff from United States
24 June 2011

I wanted to watch this movie because I'm a Brigid Brannagh fan.

My first thought upon seeing Brannagh, playing the somewhat frumpy working mom, Charley, enter the picture frame was, "Boy, they sure dressed her down for this part," a move which was necessary, no doubt, in order for Ben (Sean Patrick Flanery), who falls at first sight for the "outer beauty" of Chloe (Christine Scott Bennett), first seen floating in the distance like an "angel" with her blonde hair and white dress, to eventually discover the "inner beauty" of his "true love," Charley.

I didn't mean to encapsulate the movie in a one-sentence paragraph, but there you have it.

But, really, the whole thing is based on a highly unlikely premise, i.e., the difference of one letter in an email address. I mean, what are the chances of ALL of the following coming together at once?

1) Two people have the same last name except for one letter (Anderson/Andersen), AND

2) Those same two people have the same first initial ("C"), AND

3) Those same two people are both women, AND

4) Those same two women are co-workers (and sit next to one another in the office, no less), AND

5) Working for the same company, their email addresses therefore end with the same domain name, AND therefore, their email addresses are identical except for one letter, AND

6) Having such nearly identical email addresses, they NEVER BEFORE RECEIVED ONE ANOTHER'S EMAIL?!

If you can suspend your disbelief and go along with the joke, you'll find a typically good Hallmark Channel movie to satisfy your inner comfort.

My only problem with this one was that, having first seen and liked Flannery as the Young Indiana Jones on TV in the 1990s, I've seen him play a fair number of bad guys since (most notably, Vice President Greg Stillson in TV's "Dead Zone," as well as other undesirables in several supporting roles), it was hard for me to see him convincingly as the good guy he plays here. But that's just me; don't let it deter you.

Mystery Girl

Author: the_rabbit_family from US
15 December 2011

This movie was awesome. It's a feel-good, romantic, family-oriented movie. If you're looking for a sweet movie to watch on a lazy, rainy day, this one will make your heart sing. The two leads have amazing chemistry on the set; They make it feel real.

To some of they nay-sayers who think the movie was boring and predictable with an unlikely plot, perhaps you shouldn't have been watching the HALLMARK channel? This movie is clean - no cursing, no sexual content, even the very few kisses are g-rated. You can definitely watch it with your kids. It's sweet - the way most movies used to be.

The only confusing thing about it was the internet calls the movie "crush on you" but Hallmark Channel listed it in the guide as "mystery girl."

If you like happy endings

Author: craning10 from Canada
14 June 2011

As soon as I saw the title for this movie, I knew it would be something that I could feel good about watching, and I personally wasn't disappointed.

Classic mistaken identity or mystery admirerer movie with single mom "Charlie" receiving misdirected E-mails from a guy "Ben" who falls for a beautiful woman "Cloe" (you've got mail coming to anyone's mind yet) but none of the three put it together for most of the film until it's time to actually meet.

This film being a made for TV movie obviously had it's limitations but for what they had to work with, In my opinion it was nicely put together and did have a certain degree of character development which allows you to either like or dislike the characters. Although it looked for a minute like there would be a villain in here at one point, the script allows nature to take it's true course and no real "bad guy" turns up.

It's a simple romantic film more than a comedy and even if you did manage to get your kids to sit through it which I highly doubt, it's not a film that you would need anyone to leave the room for content.

I enjoy all types of love stories and may be biased but I liked it.

A Crush on You....Hallmark Sweetie Pie ***

Author: edwagreen from United States
14 June 2011

How did the song go? I got a crush on you, sweetie pie, etc.

The picture is modern in the sense that confusion occurs on the internet due to the spelling of a last name. A guy, seeing the girl of his dreams, hears her internet address and he thinks they are engaging in an online chat. Truth of the matter is that he spelled her name incorrectly and instead he is engaging in internet conversations with a female co-worker who shares the same surname with a different spelling.

As this is a Hallmark movie, you can anticipate the sweet story involved. Of course, everyone meets and they see how different things are in person though the error is never revealed until the end of the film. Of course, we have the familiar what's your favorite movie, color, etc.

True love prevails and everyone is happy. What else is new with a Hallmark movie?

Nice story

Author: spdmonkey from United States
11 June 2011

Like all Larry Levinson movies the plot is a bit predictable. While this film is being touted as premiering on June 11th it's actually been running for several months on the new channel called Pixl under the name Mystery Girl. As I enjoy that channel I've probably seen this film about 4 or 5 times. Comparing the two titles I think that Mystery Girl fits a bit better because of a minor aspect of the film called the Mystery Site. The basic premise is one of a boy likes girl, but this one has a little plot twist. The character development is good on the three main characters,but could use a little bit more depth on the secondary parts. The email is a nice touch to bring it into modern times. Just wouldn't have worked with a phone number. It certainly is worth a watch on either the Hallmark Channel or on Pixl.

you've got mail

Author: lettybabe1
31 August 2011

I was about to go to bed and settle down with a movie which i was led to believe was a comedy, I was sorely disappointed. This movie is almost exactly like "you've got mail" except "you've got mail" is so much better and when it was released everyone knew it would be a timeless classic. Now this movie has been released my honest opinion is that this is a low budget movie. Almost all the way through the film they had the same annoying music playing. It was effectively a waste of money for the producers and a waste of 82 minutes of my life. I myself watch at least 3 films a day and never usually review these things but i cannot let anyone else waste their time on it. Trust me i know what a good movie is and this is not one. Steer clear of it and if your looking for a nice comedy then i suggest "Cougar Hunting" for the older viewers and "Chalet Girl" for the teens.