IMDb > "XIII: The Series" (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"XIII: The Series"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"XIII: The Series" More at IMDbPro »

Not that bad

Author: jpilo086 from Canada
26 March 2012

I kind of liked watching that show. OK, I admit that it wasn't the best I've seen, but it wasn't that boring and Stuart acting was believable (I admit that at first I just watched it for Stuart). I was kind of lost in the first episode because I didn't know it was a follow up from another mini-series. But even if you haven't seen the first one, you catch up real quickly. The conspiracy theory could have been better, but I've seen worse. I think that even if some part of the show aren't that credible enough, it is quite enjoyable. But I must say that for a Canadian TV Show it is quite good. It has a storyline at least, not like others show of my country that I've seen and It has captured my attention, which is a difficult thing to do. The end of the first season was really great and it left me wanting to see the second one. But in all, I give it a 7 out of 10.

The story so far...

Author: rhi-chable from New Zealand
5 January 2013

***Contains spoilers***

I found that the mini-series and season 1 were great. I enjoyed the action sequences and the storyline, which, for a TV series, I thought was fast-paced. Sometimes I found the storyline a little hard to follow, insomuch as that if I broke concentration I'd lose important information. I think that the way all of the main plot characters died, though, did not have much of a build up and their deaths happened both too quickly and hugely unexpected. There were a lot of gaps in the information that was given to the viewer that, I think, the writers thought we'd either accept or figure out along the way. Season 1 gets an 8/10 from me.

Then came season 2, which I still believe was just a dream. I couldn't tell reality from fiction as Carrington had become schizophrenic and Harriet was, in my opinion, a power hungry psycho... There is no way that either characters would make it very far in the presidents position in the real world! With the introduction of the dream world early in the season, I had no idea if everything from then on was real or that dream world. In fact, I don't even know what to make of the final episode of season 2. I only kept watching it because I wanted to find out what was real and what was not. This was not answered. However, season 2 was left on a real cliffhanger, just like season 1, but I'm not sure if the series will be continued. I believe what fans the show had might have only became confused and annoyed (like me) and hence the ratings, I think, will have dropped. It's a shame really because I really enjoyed it up until season 2, so season 2 gets a 3/10 from me.

Went from good to insufferable

Author: silentsong981 from India
16 April 2013

It started out as an interesting plot although the acting was a bit below the par.But the story was fast paced with a climax at every turn. Then they started killing off main cast one by one. I thought they were about to introduce better & more interesting characters, but that wasn't the case. Season 2 turned into a very confusing & dull show that's just grasping at straws to keep going. It feels like even the writers don't know which direction to go in. It still shows glimmer of hope at some points but nothing memorable. There are no witty dialogs or humor .The actors aren't believable & the plot shaky at best. There are far better shows out there with much better plot & actors.

i thought it was very good..little confused but good

Author: theuetzs from NORTH BAY, ONTARIO
10 January 2013

not sure why the negativity here. It kept me going from one show to the next....a little messed up by whats really going on as far as dreaming or reality.....kinda didn't understand once he looked at the beam and suddenly hes in a dream again..or not?...lol..but most things were pretty cool...i wouldn't have watched it all if it didn't leave me wanting to watch the next show...and it did....kinda wondering if there will be a 3rd season or not....really liked the president character...hes ..well was..the reverend in Haven....the female president to be was a bit of a tool...anyhow i hope there's another season...still like to see the president come back and the dummy with the gay bow tie get killed.....enjoy everyone!!

Good series but many questions

Author: redsleeknight from United States
25 April 2014

Season 1 was very good with good actors and a good story line. However Season 2 left many questions unanswered and took a very different story line. Very hard to understand and keep up with. I lost it. Unanswered questions regarding Carrington's grandson, Sheridan, and some of the actors vanished with no info where they went. Storyline hard to follow in Season 2. Not satisfied with this believe I will not continue to watch.Season 1 was a great show and really enjoyed the actors and great martial action. Season 2 was pretty good with the action but left so many unanswered questions. I loved 24 and thought this would be a close action movie to see but I was wrong wrong. Believe I will look elsewhere for a more understandable series.

It better change

Author: brandon-259-874707 from United States
19 April 2013

Season one was great. I was disappointed at first with the main character change, but fine with it after a little while. The face change made sense based on how the first two movies ended.

My problem is with season 2. The ONLY way this show will survive is if XIII wakes up after being shot by Jones and realize that the entire season was imagined by him. It really is that bad.

They need to bring back Jones as well as the hacker that was helping them out. They completely changed the show in the 2nd season and it even made my wife mad to the point that she wasn't excited to watch episodes anymore.

+st series is great, second is bad

Author: Simoncu from Switzerland
21 November 2015

I'm a French speaking guy, and I have the whole comic series of XIII in French (!) and the scenario was just great (comic speaking) So I watched the 2 first episodes, and they were very good, loved them ! THen I watched the first series(s?) , that even if it was not very following the original script was good as well. But when I started looking at series 2, I was so disappointed ! First it has nothing to do with the books whatsoever, the characters are totally different, even from the 1st series, and like some other reviewer said, some of the acting is very bad. So I would put a 8 for the 1st series, and a 2 for the second. It looks like they had to come out with something to continue the series, and they had no idea whatsoever. I stopped watching after 2 episodes. So unbelievable. One can smell the $$$ that needed to be made after a good 1st one.... :-(

Confusing, annoying and poor casting.

Author: dond-68909 from Texas
18 April 2015

I saw the original XIII Mini-series and thoroughly enjoyed it. This series started out fairly well, but the acting by many of the individuals was atrocious. The actress(?) portraying Betty is the perfect example. She seems to be a Jr. High School teenie bopper who is trying to act 'grown up'. Totally unrealistic in every aspect.

The series gets so confusing in the second season that I finally gave up and stopped watching. XIII/Victor goes back and forth so much, it's difficult or impossible to keep track and the end result is uninteresting.

Whoever did the casting for the parts was in training or just flipped a coin to decide who got what part.

The soundtrack

Author: chrisdotswanson
19 May 2014

Season 1 was good.as far as story goes, but has no one noticed that Nicolas Errèra's score is a complete rip off of Bauhaus' Bella Legosi's Dead? I kept expecting to hear Peter Murphy start singing. And when I try to submit to IMDb, I'm told I need 10 lines of code; so here goes. Nicolas Errèra is a fraud, thief, hack, unoriginal "artist", Frenchman (yes, I said it), no talent musical thief profiting off the works greater than he's capable of creating himself. Shame on you Nicolas Errèra. I'll be writing Bauhaus and Mr. Peter Murphy, informing them of this discovery. I'm very disappointed that you didn't give proper credit where it was due.

too bad

Author: ricferr from Portugal
18 March 2015

I got in touch with this series following Virginie Ledoyen. It was so bad I could even watch the full pilot episode.

The half an hour I watched wasn't more than a sequence of the typical clichés: tough guy gets beaten almost to death after kicking some ass, tough guy is the best and recovers miraculously, tough guy is a poor mistreated puppy who finds two cute chicks, etc...

The phony fighting sequence on the second meeting with Ledoyen's character was the drop that tipped the glass. They punch each other's face constantly, but no marks can be seen and, when he hits her with the pipe, she only gets a small cut on her eyebrow!?!? That's when I had to stop watching this nonsense.

I enjoy a good action series or movie, but it has to have a bit more than just the action, the chicks and the cars.

One star for each of the pretty ladies, and that's it.