IMDb > "Outcasts" Episode #1.7 (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Outcasts" Episode #1.7 (2011)

« Prev | 7 of 8 Episodes | Next »

Episode #1.7

Author: ComedyFan2010 from Canada
27 December 2011

This episode was a positive surprise to me. If every episode was like this I would love this show.

Cass's story was absolutely great, I was really interested when watching, also a lot of action and great performance by Daniel Mays. This is a great example of why I was not into criticizing the acting at the beginning because often a great actor can be held back by a bad story.

I wasn't too interested in other stories, besides of course the upcoming finale, but I am glad that there wasn't too much Lily in it so it didn't ruin the great Cass storyline

Will the mysteries be resolved before the series ends?

Author: Tweekums from United Kingdom
6 March 2011

As the series draws towards its conclusion things are getting more tense and rather strange on Carpathia; President Tate walks into his office and is confronted by another version of himself and Cass is gets a threatening letter concerning an unexplained event in his past. The letter clearly rattles him as he goes straight to the bar and ends up taking a woman home with him; in the morning he catches her going through his papers; he tries to stop her but she escapes, stealing his gun in the process. Shortly after he gets to work the woman's husband turns up claiming that she has gone missing… he must try to find her before he is exposed as the mystery man she was having an affair with. Tate meanwhile has taken himself off into the mountains to try to negotiate with the ACs; this leaves Julius Berger free to cause further trouble in Forthaven.

This series got off to a fairly shaky start but improved as it went on. The story of Cass being implicated for a crime and then not being trusted by his erstwhile friends was somewhat cliché but none the less entertaining; while President Tate and Stella seem to be the official main characters, largely dues to having better known actors playing them Cass and Fleur seem to get more story time devoted to them making them rather more fun to watch. I'm glad that I stuck with this series and look forward to seeing how it concludes in the next episode; I just hope it isn't a cliff hanger made to make the viewers stick around for another series which might not get commissioned.