Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

A Damn Good Prequel to a Great Sci-fi Series

Author: slayerjmk95 from United States
13 November 2012

For something that was made to air over the internet and be released on disc a few months later, Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome is a spectacular and valiant effort that comes out on top. There isn't much for me to say about the series, besides its great music, astounding visuals, and intense action, but that fans of the series MUST see this! Purchase the full extended cut when it's released in February; it'll be worth it, especially since the series is getting better with every segment released on Machinima.

P.S. To anyone that is or is going to watch this, try to get more viewers to see it because if there are more, then they might greenlight the full series

BSG back again and strong

Author: nemod12 from Netherlands
10 November 2012

First of all i want to say how thrilled i am that they got lift off with this show.

As a fan i am prejudged of course, but the first episode promises very much. It has a good atmosphere around it.

With David Eick and Bear McCreary mixed in the soup in this show, it will be without a question of a doubt very top notch.

The acting is solid, the CGI is staggering. It was a little getting used to, to the new William Adama. That's just personal, because i liked the small role of the old actor who played in the minisodes very much. His eyes in the cockpit of that viper, that one moment(the fans know what scene i mean), they where so very alike those of Edward James Olmos . But after seeing this spin off it's long forgotten.

I am hooked again.

Just one thing. Please don.t cancel this one!!

Love this, hate SyFy.

Author: compguyinslc from Salt Lake City, Utah
2 January 2013

I love this and think it's a fantastic start too what could have been another great series, but wait, enter SyFy so they can over-think it again. I love Caprica, I loved BSG, and I love this and I cannot believe the intellectual void that would not put this on the air, in favor of plenty of wrestling, what does wrestling have to do with Science Fiction anyway? Would someone please help me understand that one.

Anyway, I am rambling, and my review is becoming pointless. Please SyFy, if you have an ounce of intelligence, don't wave this one under our noses like you did Caprica and then yank the carpet out from underneath our feet.

A very well done prequel

Author: michael-knighter from Austria
26 November 2012

Still saw the new Battlestar Galactica series approx. 4 times. And still impressed! Perfect actors, good cgi and a terrific story.

So. Now i was waiting for this new episodes and read all about it. Yesterday i saw now the first 6 episodes. And guess what? Fantastic. Breathtaking. Perfect.

I love the new story. The actors are great and also storyline is very good for a first episode. CGI are a little bit too much. Lensflare as its best. But who cares.

All in all. I would recommend this new series for every Battlestar Galctica Fan.

I've you loved the new Battlestar series you will also love Blood & Chrome.

So say we all....

A well delivered prequel to the TV series

Author: stuart-burns-578-494144 from United Kingdom
10 January 2013

Why on earth this was placed on the back burner behind Caprica must be one of the most idiotic decisions ever.

This is what the fans want to see, it lives up to the original and increases the scope for visuals, suspense, battles and storyline.

I strongly suggest viewing the Web Episodes of this until Syfy broadcast the full pilot, if you enjoyed the excellent reboot of Battle Star Galactic then this will tick all the boxes.

A definite candidate for a full TV series, which if delivered as well as the pilot would definitely have high viewing figures.

Here's hoping SYFY and co get the message!

very interesting... very nicely done

Author: felipe-ontanilla from Argentina
13 November 2012

So... as I am writing this, Blood and Chrome only exist in a web format.

Basic things you need to know: - Great acting. Not like that teen drama "Caprica". Nope. This is not some overly dramatic, omg i'm so depressed because i'm a cyber robotic teen drama!!! the actors in blood and chrome are, so far, doing their part. Luke Pasquallino, whom until ep 1 of B&C I never heard of, performs a great Husker Adama....young but not naive... just eager to blast some cylons. Cocker, new addition to the Galactica universe, and performed by Cotton, brings a more mature tone to the story.

- Great sound effects.

- Story that captures you? Hell yeah!!! Hope they make this into a TV series... a movie would not be sufficient.

A non fan (more balanced) review

Author: jarlian from Netherlands
10 January 2013

When I was a kid I watched the old BSG and I watched all the new BSG episodes which I enjoyed (except for a few twists that felt written by the writers who also wrote "Lost"). I skipped Caprica because the storyline sounded to much like a soap opera to me (forgive me if I was wrong).

Blood & Chrome appealed to me and kinda delivered what it was; An enjoyable BSG story, arguably not quite ready for TV. The acting was solid enough and the soundtrack and space battles were even a little even better. I do have some mixed feelings about the general impression it left on me; Although the camera work was sometimes quite similar as 2003 BSG series, it somehow didn't match it's original feel. I think it's the lack of proper CGI, original sets or maybe bad lightening. Sometimes the background seems to be moving in a way which doesn't correspond with the foreground. Sometimes the control sticks in the cockpit looked more like painted computer joysticks.

That doesn't take away that B&C is enjoyable enough to keep watching until the end. If you like BSG, I'm sure you will like this. Just don't expect too much of it and you will be fine.

Worth Downloading and adding to your Battlestar Box Set.

Author: Antonio Diggs from Michigan
12 November 2012

Set in the tenth year of the First Cylon War, the series follows a young William Adama (Luke Pasqualino) on a routine mission that quickly turns dangerous. This 10-episode online series from Machinima.com keeps the franchise alive for old fans and may even garner some new ones.

With the same feel as the 2004 TV series, 'BG Blood and Chrome' stands on its own as a well-written SF drama. The CGI at times appears overused in the first twelve-minute episode, by the second installment it blends well enough into the background.

With veteran Battlestar writer Michael Taylor as the executive producer I don't expect any hackneyed scenes or convoluted plot devices that plagued the final season of the TV series. The story is straight-forward hardcore science fiction. See toaster, shoot toaster. Just what the doctor ordered for those needing a deep space fix.

Back in space where the series belongs

Author: Rich La Bonte (flatrich) from Hollywood CA
12 February 2013

A very impressive pilot (I hope it's a pilot - but a good SyFy movie in any case) for still another addition to the Battlestar Galactica franchise. Creators Michael Taylor and his co-creator David Eick have picked up the saga post-Caprica and pre the 2004-2009 Battlestar Galactica series with a new tale centering on a young Bill Adama. Pasqualino and Cotton were excellent as Adama and Coker and the action filled plot is thankfully nothing like Caprica, which was sort of boring. This time we are back in space where the series belongs, shooting Cylons.

There is still a hint of the philosophical depth in Ronald D. Moore's re-imaging of Glen A. Larson's original series but the Taylor teleplay keeps the politic and morality questions to a minimum and we get treated to a lot of good old fashioned shoot 'em ups along the way. (Taylor and Moore worked DS9 for the Trek Franchise way back when, BTW, and David Eick worked on all the recent BG series.)

My only complaint was too little time for vet character actor John Pyper-Ferguson as a sort of bad guy (no spoilers here because he usually plays a bad guy, although some of us fondly remember him as a very funny bad guy in Brisco County Jr.) If we really do get a new series, maybe he'll be back.

BG fans should be marching for a reboot based on Blood and Chrome. This universe has plenty of room for more episodes.

****UPDATED 23 March 2017****

I just watched the Blu-ray release of Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome and I've added one star as it was even better than I remembered. There is a lot of material that didn't make this, the extended cut, (included in Deleted Scenes) that is worth watching, even though this didn't become the pilot I'd hoped it would be.

Its about time.better be more!!!!!

Author: ghopp24 from USA
11 February 2013

Only took 4+ years to get to TV. Episodes you have to watch on the computer?? Really? Pass. BSG B&C was fantastic to watch last night (ordered the DVD also) There had better be more episodes of BSG B&C and less of the crap that SYFY has been showing about super snakes, alligators, freak snow storms and earthquakes. Five minutes or less and you have to change the channel because its so bad/stupid. Blood and Chrome is so well done and written it keeps you captive and no way you could change the channel. Bravo to SYFY for finally putting BSG back on the small/TV screen. Please no more dumba// shows about giant animals or freak storms.

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]