Outstanding!

Author: Kubrickisdaman from Canada
27 April 2013

All I gotta say is that The Spectre animated short was amazing. If only they would do a full movie of The Spectre in that animated grind-house style. I was totally blown away, obviously the other reviewer doesn't know what he's talking about, asking why it was done in that style. Anyways the other DC shorts were done very well too, please make more DC animated shorts (lots more). Also please give us that full feature of The Spectre, and full features or TV series of DC's: The Flash & Plastic Man. Marvel please adapt Dr. Strange. Thank you! P.S. I just wanted to put my own quick review up here because there was only the one written, and most people disagreed with it.

Not bad DC..

Author: adonis98-743-186503 from Greece
30 January 2017

An anthology of DC Showcase stories consisting of a new Superman/Shazam feature and extended versions of older shorts. If you count out the fact that 'The Spectre' was quite of a disappointment and 'Jonah Hex' could have been a bit more longer the rest of this anthology is actually quite of a success with 'Green Arrow' and 'Superman/Shazam' being the best of the 4 films. But overall this is still a pretty great Anthology and if you like to spend 11-13 minutes of your time to this short movies you will not be disappointed and you will definitely demand for more of this kind of stuff from DC in the Future for sure (9/10)

What you might have not noticed or tried to ignore!

Author: Jonathan Alcala from United States
5 May 2014

The story itself involving Captain Marvel was not bad despite too much involvement of superman. However, the sound and design was a bit choppy at times they probably had to rush it. Moreover, the reason I give the movie a 6 is it's special features the DC shorts were already included in other movies the only difference was they added a min worth of length to each short. Furthermore, here's a list for those who may have bought these films with a DC short attached and fell upset as I do: Justice League Crisis on 2 earths contained the DC short based on the spectre, Batman Under the Red Hood contained the Jonah Hex DC short, and lastly there was the green arrow short attached to Superman/Batman: apocalypse.

Not Bad

Author: JoeB131 from United States
10 November 2010

This is actually four different shorts, but I'll review them as a group. All four are made in the style of the Japanese Anime, although the actual work was done in Korea.

The first one is Superman and Shazam. Again, this was kind of okay, but we've seen this story or variants of it before. Billy Barty is hunted by Black Adam, the first guy to get the wizard's power, and he and superman fight him in a city with lots of explosions and over the top Anime goodness...

The second one involved the character of the Spectre, who obviously isn't one of the more popular characters, and you can see why. Gary Cole does an okay job doing his voice, for what it is worth, but the story was kind of predictable. They also did this in a bit of a Grindhouse quality, with lots of imperfections in the film. Not sure why, exactly.

Third one involved Green Arrow in an airport fighting thugs and supervillians...

Final one was a Jonah Hex story. Actually better than the silly, big budget Jonah Hex film they did. Hex inflicts some poetic justice on a murderous madam.