WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Alberto Del Rio in a non title match. Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship - Edge (c) vs. Kane, Rey Mysterio, ... See full summary »
1) IC title - Kofi Kingston vs Dolph Ziggler*: Kaitlyn and Vickie Guerrero came down to the ring with Ziggler and sadly the announcers spent most of the match talking about them than about the actual wrestling. Kaitlyn got sent to the back early on but the announcers still talked about Vickie. the match was decent but a bit too long and much of the same stuff we've seen before. Ziggler won cleanly, ducking Trouble in Paradise and hitting the Zig Zag. decent but we've seen most of it all before. 6/10
2) CM Punk vs Big Show: so they rushed the women's unification so they could have this on the card instead of a second diva match? Punk cut an OK promo to trash the Chicago crowd and stop them cheering for him. the match was slow and plodding but thankfully it was quite short. Big Show won with that ridiculous KO punch of his. 4/10
3) US Championship - The Miz vs Daniel Bryan: someone needs to tell Cole that less is more or just cut out his tongue because his commentary nearly ruined this match. seriously watch it on mute and you'll enjoy it a lot more without Cole verbally licking Miz's ass for the whole match. this told a great story with Bryan going for his LeBell Lock several times and some cool spots on the outside and a great moment when Miz crotched Bryan on the middle rope and clotheslined him. Alex Riley interfered quite a bit but ended up getting vaulted into the ring post. Bryan got the LeBell Lock in and Miz tapped to give him the US title. motn? i think so. 9/10
4) Lumberjill title Unification match - Melina (Divas Champ) vs Michelle McCool (Women's Champ): i don't agree with unifying the titles especially when the divas are already restricted enough as it is but here we go. in a brilliant callback to last year's match McCool tried to dropkick Melina while she was doing the splits but Melina was ready for her this time and moved out of the way. the Lumberjills strangely didn't attack Melina on the outside but immediately ganged up on McCool whenever she left the ring. Layla ran inside and attacked Melina which allowed McCool to boot her in the face and pick up the win. such a relief that Melina didn't win this match as she could not carry the division with the state she was in after her ACL injury. 7/10
5) WH title match - Kane* vs The Undertaker: well typically you've seen one Kane/Taker match and you've seen em all but this one was still pretty entertaining. it was a glorified brawl and they did it with style. they brawled on the entrance ramp and around the ring. Kane actually controlled most of it which was surprising. Taker mounted a comeback towards the end but Kane got the win by reversing a Tombstone Piledriver. quite impressive given their sizes and ages and i love it when Kane gets to beat Undertaker. 7/10
6) Tag Team Turmoil Match For the WWE Tag Team titles: this was randomly added to the card at the last minute and must have been a foreshadowing for what direction the tag division was heading in. The champions the Hart Dynasty started off against the Usos (interesting note: Natalya was in street clothes for the Lumberjill match but she changed into her ring gear for this, very strange). Their interaction was solid and the Usos shocked the world by beating the Harts and signaling there would be new champions. the Usos quickly dispatched Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov with help from Tamina. the random pairing of Evan Bourne and Mark Henry managed to beat the Usos and they in turn were beaten by the pairing of Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre. this was very chaotic and pretty disrespectful to the tag division to not even build the match up a little. decent but not good enough. 5/10
7) Six Pack Challenge for WWE title: they've changed their minds about the rules for this match again - you have to tag in and out as well as it being elimination. Randy Orton sent Jericho to the showers with an RKO meaning Jericho would have to leave the company. Cena got rid of Edge with an AA and the Nexus caused a distraction that allowed Wade Barrett to eliminate Cena. Orton then eliminated Barrett and ducked a Sheamus bicycle kick to hit an RKO and win the WWE title. Highly entertaining and good to shake things up. 7/10
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?