IMDb > Love & Distrust (2010) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]

Bad Bad Bad

Author: ash8752 from United States
21 December 2010

I like off beat films, I like films that make you think, I like dark films as well as light fun filled films, I enjoy period pieces, action, and I typically LOVE independent films as well............

This film was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely no point to it. I actually felt as though these big name actors were filming a "joke" to show how their names sell films, but in the end it is more a kick in the you know what. Shouldn't actors have dignity...

I think we should be able to rent a movie based on the actors and summary of the film and not feel like the movie was made to waste an hour and a half of life. My boyfriend likes main stream movies...I made him watch this with me....I better redeem myself quickly or I will never be able to choose the movie again.

The movie is 5 short "skits" about odd people and the life they live. There is nothing interesting, nothing that makes you think. Actually the only character who made me think was Amy Adams and whether or not she was schizophrenic (SP?) Don't bother watching this.

What the...

Author: kctjohnson from Phoenix, AZ
14 December 2010

It was absolutely astonishing how a movie with this magnitude of star line-up could be this "unwatchable". It has a very indie feel, and I have nothing against indie movies as long as the story can easily be comprehended. In the case of "Love and Distrust", there were 5 stories.

Sadly, after the third story I couldn't bare to watch any more, so if the fifth story was good, that's unfortunate that they didn't put it somewhere in the middle.

Each vignette (of what I've seen) seemed so incomplete that they left a feeling of dissatisfaction, before starting a new story with yet an inadequate ending (if you could even call it an "ending"). Unless one sat down and put on a philosopher's cap and forced some meaning into the storyline, the same general question loomed over my head after each story - What the heck was that about?!

When the cover of the DVD lists names like Amy Adams, Robert Downey Jr., Sam Worthington, Robert Pattinson, etc. it more often than not would want one to pick it up just to see what it's about. The cover art itself shows like a blockbuster romantic flick. From a marketing standpoint, the cover is cleverly good. The content just doesn't live up to it's packaging.

A strange film with good points but its shallow endings make it a mediocre film

Author: bots-de132 from Seattle, WA
27 February 2011

Personally I thought it was a decent film. For me, it was totally hit or miss. Blue Poles felt pedant vs. dilettante which I felt was missing the concept and it felt so rushed that it was a bore. While, I enjoyed Pennies, I felt that Amy Adams performance was the brightest spot of the entire film. Like I said, the stories are definitely hit or miss. Grasshopper was decent as well, with the twist ending. While the Summer Love was awful due to the teenage angst portrayal by Robert Pattinson and the unrequited love. All the reviewers are mad that it was an anthology film, well obviously if the f***ing description at RedBox says its an anthology film. I am alright with seeing it once, but this film is really a one time thing and I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Its a 5.4 out of ten in my book

Waste of Time

Author: mercylovespepper from L.A
12 December 2010

I can't even call this a real film. It disturbed me that this was allowed to become a movie. Worst movie ever and I'm being nice. Robert Pattison had about 20 seconds of film time. James Franco was good but his character made no sense. The "tales" were stupid and made no sense at all. It's like hearing a story from a friend about his friends but you know nothing about them. Complete waste of time. At least it was a free viewing. Please i am saving you time and money. Do not watch this "film" you will be completely disappointed. None of any part of the film had anything to do with the rest of the film. And all the titles at the beginning just confused me. Was the director. producer, and writer maybe drugged when they thought this up?

Gets my vote for the worst movie of 2010.

Author: veer2808 from United States
9 December 2010

I couldn't agree more with xoxo_200625's review - if anything, I think she has been too kind. This movie could definitely set a new record in the Guinness World Records as the most-unbearable-to-watch movie of all time. I could barely sit through the first part and had to eject the movie mid-way through the second part. It is surprising how accomplished actors like Robert Pattinson, Robert Downey Jr. and Amy Adams could agree to star in such drivel - perhaps the art house crowd may unearth some merits which escaped my attention. If there were any, they were buried too deep under the confusing and often heavy-handed symbolism. Definitely to be avoided at all costs.

Page 4 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4]