"True Blood" If You Love Me, Why Am I Dyin'? (2011)

« Prev | 39 of 80 Episodes | Next »

Sookie & Eric : The Strange Adventures of the Fairy and the Våmpire

Author: igoatabase from France
11 July 2011

John Doe, Kyle XY and now Eric Northman's compass is heading south ! Last time I almost admitted that True Blood had now officially become one of my guilty pleasures but I hadn't considered that one episode could actually be hilarious. Alexander Skarsgård (Eric) and Anna Paquin (S-o-o-k-i-e Sookie !) chemistry had been great so far but it was nothing compared to this third installment. Geek tip of the day : Press Alt + 0229 to flood the Web with å and other Swedooshiganess. So Skarsgård has finally found a refreshing role to appeal his ego but more important make us giggle like drunk fairies. And it's also obvious the writers are having a lot of fun too considering the numerous jokes they pulled. You killed my fairy godmother she said and Eric making a moue was irresistible. I also loved the tension between them, perpetually oscillating between naive blood thirst and a déjà vu growing friendship between Tarzeric and Jansookie. Beside the few usual glitches in the editing the rest was a torrent of exciting, entertaining and even interesting wicked drops. From the character development, all the different approaches they had regarding the vampire menace, to the disturbing Jason arc there was nothing left to remove from this sophisticated story. And it dug even deeper when Courtney Ford materialized on screen. Her performance as Christine Hill in Dexter's season 4 was so exceptional that I can't wait to see what they have planned for her. Considering her character already knew Bill (Stephen Moyer) I suppose they met in season 3 so it seems my ignorance is starting to get the best of me. Wait, I knew I had something bad to say about it ! Indeed Hill's talent and also Moyer's deserve better than a quick sex scene. Their conversation at the restaurant was well staged and a succulent preliminary but then they ruined everything in a few split seconds. However I'm convinced they have planned a whole diner with dessert and fromage so the best is yet to come ! I'm Alive and On Fire ? You bet !