IMDb > A Free Bird (2014) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Free Bird More at IMDbPro »

Terrific Writing!

Author: bobwfu85
11 November 2014

I about peed in my pants during JT's encounter with the employment agent, and the actor who played the colorful, in-way-over-his-head Jimmy Bobo fellow was typecast for that role. Without giving away the central plot line, the concept of planning the heist without considering its spoil rate was genius, while at the same time showing the desperation (and ignorance) of the main characters, who despite their limited means, never seem to lack for smokes, booze and choice language. Oh, and we watched it a second time and picked up on even more of the hysterical irony. I look forward to more hilariously insightful films from Gregg Russell.

made me laugh out loud

Author: kendra-robinson from United States
7 November 2014

A Free Bird is a great movie! It had me laughing out loud at so many points throughout. The storyline is great, and the actors are all so well cast. There aren't any big names in this movie -- but you may recognize Tammy from the Starz show Magic City. She is great! Jimmy Bobo has got to be one of the best characters I have seen in a movie in a long time. The scenes with him are definitely among my absolute favorites in the whole movie. I love the craziness of these guys. And the best part is that you know there are people out there just like this. I think that's what makes it so funny. Watch this movie when you want to laugh. you definitely can't go wrong! A Free Bird is definitely one to keep around for future viewing.

Strong future for Dir. Gregg Russell!

Author: douglasjonesjr from Washington D.C.
6 November 2014

You are now entering THE SOUTH. Wellcome Ya'll! Represent! Strong actors, strong writing and a relate-able story. AND FUNNY. This film has wings and I think not only a star, but many stars, were born in its creation. Ya'll going' to Ya'll-y-WOOD honey - bless your heart.

It's a great film that captures southern culture, comedy and attitude. The acting is very strong and see a bright future for these actors. The writing is strong and I see a bright future for the director and crew. It's a cut throat industry, so great to see films being made that stay true to the creator's vision and great to see new talent really show their skills.