IMDb > "Rubicon" No Honesty in Men (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Rubicon" No Honesty in Men (2010)

« Prev | 9 of 13 Episodes | Next »

"There's no trust, no faith, no honesty in men"

Author: Red_Identity from United States
20 September 2010

Rubicon has done an amazing job of balancing the overall mystery with the lives of each character, and this episode proves that point in every possible way.

Will is to the point of paranoia that he is not able to even stay in his apartment, so he goes to the apartment of a nearby woman who has has spotted for some time now. The exchanges between him and this woman are remarkably engaging and very well-written. It shows us that the show could definitely stand on it's own without the mystery looming over it. The same with Miles and Grant, who while the former is closer to achieving his personal goals, the latter is facing an economic crisis soon with the loss of his wife's job (who by the way, the actress playing her was completely unlikeable yet sympathetic at the same time).

If that is not enough, we of course have development in the mystery, where Spangler and Ingram are head-to-head in tension that one cannot help but feel it. Crosses of Shaespeare's work are even exchanged. We also have Katherine still finding more information, this time how a woman's husband and her own were child friends, along with a known character in the picture that will have a lot of people speculating.

Overall, another strong episode for Rubicon, and it shows how it is a show you just have to wait for it, since many were doubtful after the Pilot (me included) but now it is in sure hands.