"Covert Affairs" What Is and What Should Never Be (2010)

« Prev | 8 of 60 Episodes | Next »

First episode seen... how Corny and unbelievable

Author: FilmFan777 from Hollywood, California
9 June 2011

This is the first episode I've watched of this show and just from it, I 'cannot' believe this got a second season, Wow!

Of course I'll give it a couple more episodes cause I like to be clearly fair yet...

The product placement stood out like a sore thumb for one. How egregious.

The main character is obviously supposed to be some talented agent or so, yet I find this character totally unbelievable in all aspects.

Her jumping from boat to boat was so 70's in unbelief. The whole art warehouse scene lacked any 'real' feel to it and again, so unbelievable. The security guards response in the warehouse was so flat and again, unbelievable. The reaction she and the FBI agent had when going out the door to find a security guard dead was so...(sorry) 'Unbelievable' You find a dead guard and you don't even look around, draw your weapon, take cover....? I mean, Come On!

This episode 'really' reminded me of a bad 70's style show with no realism, corny through and through. Seems they fixate on the leads good looking face and the rest of it... Eh, we need no smart, no substance, just a big white smile. Ugh!

I will give it 2 more episodes for a better evaluation however so far... so shallow, unreal and.... unbelievable.